Reviews for Penchant For Deceit
Moka-girl chapter 3 . 11/21/2014
Oh, Norse myths! Being Danish, it feels very familiar to me.
Moka-girl chapter 2 . 11/21/2014
That was cute.
Moka-girl chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
Oh, this is really magnificent. Something realistic and well-written in the middle of a sea of Mary-Sues and clich├ęs and typos. This chapter was really good.
luukia chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Whoa, so cuteee ! Butler seems invulnerable toward artemis. Lol.
Threadbare Threnody chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
YES! Thank you for a Butler/Artemis fic. There are just not enough and yours is definitely the best I've read. Please please write more of them!
Dreaming Maya chapter 3 . 10/4/2010
"He missed it. The insidious emotion had crept up on him out of nowhere, and now it was twisting his insides. He missed the times when magic was unexpected and magical, for a lack of a better world, when Artemis viewed the world through the eyes of a child (no matter how much smarter the child was than all the adults around him) and a little bit of the sheer exultation at being alive and in control had rubbed off on Domovoi."

LOVE THIS PARAGRAPH. It's like you can see inside Butler's mind! ... Which is awesome.
Pish chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
My ability at forming short reviews are not very tactful, as seen in the last few. They're bleak and come off with the air of giddiness found in annoying fangirls, (though it would be hypocritical to say I was not.) Readers strive to discover rare gems, much like those obsessed and drunken pirates of treasure-island stories. So it is nothing short, but delight, in finding this diamond. For such a pairing, you've managed to capture their relationship- in situations where words are not tangible enough to show what it is. Thank you for sharing such loveliness.

On to the sequel; of course it would be very anticipated. While the ending seemed right to leave where it was, it was settled enough, it has that sort feeling that there are still things that are not. Actually, no, that isn't quite right. It just feels open with a vagueness that can be left to imagination- but while one may have enjoyed the ice cream, he/she still wants the cherry.
Pish chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
Will definitely add to favorites once an account is made. Promise.
Pish chapter 2 . 8/11/2010
God, you have an amazing way with words.
Pish chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Oh my, that was lovely.
Belle Mort 13 chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
you are brilliant

this is a perfect mix of seriously depressing yet utterly entrancing

I am so impressed right now

a wonderful story

It has been forever since I have found a story that is so mesmerizing a bit like watching a slow motion train wreak

you can not stop watching

and i could not stop reading

If this is a true indication of your skills I sugest you take up writing as a profession
Aiwendil1 chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
I've spent 8 or so years reading fanfiction by now and not once did I read an Artemis Fowl-one. I'm not even sure why, I've read the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter (who hasn't?), Star Wars, Twilight, Queer as Folk,... It just never occured to me.

Enough rambling. The story had a very peculiar feeling to it. It took some time till I understood that there was a time gap of around a year between the different parts, but I did get it. And somehow, although it's miles and miles from what I normally read, I liked it.
I think, it's really quite in character with Butler caring for Artemis over all, knowing that the boy (man here) is not doing the best for himself, but uncapable of influencing him the way he would need to help him. I expecially liked that he always knew he was being manipulated, but nonetheless was completely uncapable of resisting.
I also liked Artemis. It's not that difficult to imagine that he would live a very loveless life that's devoid of happiness. He's just too serious for his own good.
And although I have to admit that the pairing really freaked me (I don't think I've ever been happier for missing detailed (or even any at all) sex scenes... That would be just creepy!) it worked.

Nevertheless I don't think I'm going to read the sequel. I kinda liked the ending, open as it is and quite hopeful, too. In my head, it's just gonna stay that way. :)

So: Well done!
Thanks a lot,
ai
Star-Struck Inu chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
Loki the norse god, the trickster. That suits Artemis well. I adore this story, I really do!
Star-Struck Inu chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
I really adore this fic. It is so intelligently written. I am so glad you wrote it!
salty-sarah chapter 3 . 2/21/2010
Damn, but this was brilliant. The portrayal of Artemis and Butler captured them to a 'T', despite the absolutely disreputable ongoings between them. I love how you hinted at a relationship that was truly too difficult and deep to put into words, and I think that really was a very accurate description of the bond between the two, if but only pushed to a higher level from the books. And if Minerva wasn't in the picture, of course, lol (o: Cheers