Reviews for Weightless
Lucille Brown chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
That was a really nice way to bring about their friendship.
oh.black.stars chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
very. very. very nice.
animeotakupooh chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
cool story! jacy friendship is really cute. i like macy's positive attitude a lot.
Kiluca1228 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
awesome i think you are a wonderful writer
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This was awesome. And it really made me mad at Nick for not giving Macy a chance. Can't wait for more JONAS fics from you. XD
trekkie1214 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Adorable :) Great job!
aishicakes chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
OMG...Wow...I'm just speechless. This is such a great story! I LOVE it! Where do I begin? It's just really very sweet, awesome work! I don't really read JONAS fics, but I'm so glad I read this one. Everyone was in character...and the entire Joe/Macy friendship was adorable. Fantastic work!
LaPaige chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Kelly, first I am so sorry for not reviewing sooner. I feel so bad but I've got 150 fics to catch up on - I read yours first! Anyway, this story was incredible. I don't read many JONAS stories because the show still isn't on over here, but I just loved this.

I also love how Macy doesn't get with Joe, but with Kevin. I love the friendship element and how you wrote it so well. Everyone is in character and the detail in which you wrote was incredible.

Amazing writing, Kelly! :D
xmaybejoleisa chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
right now i'm so very sleep deprived but i promised myself i would stop being lazy and review this piece and i intend to keep that promise to myself because you deserved this a long time ago. i just wanted to say in advance that i'm sorry that this review doesn't come to the standards of the actual one-shot you've written.

i loved how you characterized joe's intentions of asking macy to the concert. it was spot on and totally in character and only joe can pull off something like this and only make me feel a bit irritated, because obviously as a macy fan i would want him to invite her for more than some spontaneity and need for danger.

it's okay though, because he makes up for it with how he stays so loyal and stands up for macy in the car with stella and kevin and especially with nick. by the way, nick irks me to no end in this but once again i'm glad you did it, because that's totally like nick. on the show, he's the only one that gives macy such impatient, sort of rude looks and it makes me cringe because he probably doesn't deserve her but i still liek the pairing all the more haha.

gosh, you made me love joe and macy so much here that when joe and stella had a 'moment' or two my heart kind of sank. i know going into this that the fic was strictly meant to build a friendship between the two and that's great that that's how it worked out because it is very realistc and perfectly executed but i guess the hopeless romantic in me sort of wanted to see more though i'm glad at the same time that that didn't happen.

lovely job in conclusion and i can't wait to read your nickmacy stories!
suburbs chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
There are so many thing that I love about this story that I can't even think where to begin. I guess I'll start with your characterization of Shane. I think that because he is the most stereotypical guy on the show, it is easy to think of him as being the least complex. Really his relationship with Stella is the only thing they really explore. But you have kept him totally in character and added a depth to him that I never thought about before. It was a way to have him interact with Macy that was interesting and in character and respected cannon. I hate when people write Joe/Macy stories and just have him suddenly fall in love like he didn't have the existing complex relationship with Stella.

I loved that once he invited her, he became protective of Macy. That was so sweet. I loved that he became so in tune to her moods and what made her happy. All the times he stood up for her were great, but I think the pie scene was my favorite. You showed Macy's insecurities being around the Lucas family without having to tell us she felt that way. And Joe and his mom were awesome.

Nick and Kevin were very well done as well. I love that you gave them distinct reactions to her that were very in character and moved the story forward. I was so glad that Nick didn't totally come around because it was more realistic that way. He never totally got it and he never totally let go of his fear of Macy - even though she totally proved herself. And Kevin's jealousy was great. You know that I have a soft spot for Kevin/Macy.

And Macy and Joe were great. I love that she forgave him and that he didn't feel like he deserved it. The characterization was perfect. And you did a great job of keeping them friends. It is always tempting to throw romance in when two characters of the opposite sex become close. It would have been totally understandable, but this way was perfect.

Amazing job, Kelly! Honestly one of the best JONAS stories ever!
LiveLaughLoveFP chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
This was really great. It was so well written that it seemed almost real. I don't like how Nick was acting though. It seemed a little OOC. Joe and Kevin were great. Very very good. I'll be looking out for Nick's version.
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
I loved this story! This was great! I love Macy/Joe friendship. Aw, and Macy was so sweet! The Kevin/Macy was adorable. (:
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Thanks so much for the dedication. :) Honestly, I'm just glad to see you writing for JONAS now. Its made me a very happy camper. You've come to the dark side now and there's no going back MUAAHAHA. (You'll have to excuse the melodramatics; it's 1am here).

I love the part where Joe's halfway up the stairs before he turns and marches back down to interrupt Kevin and Macy. There was something naughty in his demeanor, a glimmer of more to come, but you couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. I love that kind of mystery where you're left feeling a certain anticipation.

Macy macy will help him remember the initial thrill of performing, or of living? Like how going to Disneyland with a little kid makes you appreciate the wonders of it that you'd sort of grown callous to.

"Maybe they’d both get something out of this." Love it, I think they will.

"Macy was a good friend – to Stella and Kevin." I love how he justifiies his fib here. Its really amusing. And yet true too.

Last night when I got home (super super late) I read the whole thing and marked the passages I loved and had to comment on, so whereas the above is me commenting and reading, what you'll see now is comments on the second half from the pov of already having finished it. If that makes sense?

“You did what?” Nick rounded on Joe at lunch. At first, I found Nick's hesitance amusing. Believable for sure too. But when he never let go of his bitterness, wow was that infuriating and annoying. I was on this hating-Nick kick last week and his attitude brought all of those emotions back Gr. (Which may actually help me finish that story I couldn't seem to get through). But Nick's attitude also serves to bring out something really beautiful in Joe, so I do love that.

"Reckless. Nick thought he was living recklessly. He liked the sound of that." Joe would like the sound of that, haha. I had no idea that recklessness would become such a theme when I saw this line, but it works.

“Enough!” he interrupted angrily."- I love Joe so much in this moment. I can't even describe it. Up to this point I wasn't sure if he was just being crazy, manipulative or just desperate for change. But this incident has seemingly brought his true colors out. He seems almost like those ancient heroes who believe in honor and true love. I love it because he's righteously indignant, 100 percent right, and he's not afraid to tell everyone point blank how wrong they are.

"I guess it's just... when I'm around Macy I feel sort of... reckless." :D

“We have to make sure,” Stella said softly. Joe couldn't stand her in that moment. Didn't she have any faith in her best friend? “For your guys’ sake.” I love this part. Its so real. Behind Joe's anger is an emotion that really cuts to the heart-disappointment. He expected better of her. And so did I. Thank you Joe for being his beacon of true-friendship amidst the sea of cynics.

I do like the honest up and down way you wrote the Joe/Stella moments. I don't like the pairing, but I actually enjoyed their interaction as you wrote it. Which is saying a lot. I like that thier conflict with each other was realistic, not petty. And that they didn't flirt every two seconds (ew). A little flirting is fun (and expected with Joe of all people) but too much JoeStella and I start clawing at the walls. Pathetic, I know.

"He was sure somethings about Macy would never change. And he didn't want them to." I love the way you make him appreciate her for who she is. She's still a fan, that's not going away. But it doesn't have to. He's fine with letting her be a little crazy. And that's a sign of real love-when someone sees your craziness, your flaws, your mistakes-and cares for you anyway.

"It sort of broke his heart that she wasn’t mad at him." SO I know that the whole story is establishing that Joe and Macy can be friends, and in the end that friendship seems to transcend the boundaries of cliche romantic relationships. But I spent the last half of the story wanting Macy and Joe to eventually pair up. Their friendship marks what to me would be the perfect romantic relationship. Its not about always having butterflies in your stomach (though thats nice too); its about communicating honestly, being patient and understanding of each other, and finding something new to appreciate about that person every day. So yeah, in my mind this Joe and Macy end up together in a few months (or years?-whatever, in the future).

Fantastic all around, Kelly!
xovickixo chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
The characters you wrote here within this fic? So beyond 'okay'! They were so very in character and wonderful!

Major ouch/cringe on Joe wanting Macy along simply for the thrill of it. He's so very blunt and upfront about it, at least with himself. The discussion about it with Stella and his mom was great..."It's complicated" indeed. I'm so glad we got to see him lay it all out and come clean to Macy in the end.

“You know what I’m thinking?” Kevin asked wide-eyed, looking slightly embarrassed and avoiding looking in Macy’s direction. Joe wondered what exactly was going on in his older brother’s head but decided he didn’t want to know. -heheh, yes!

Cringe, cringe, cringe, on the car scene when Nick starts spouting off rules! I started to wilt along with Macy as I read.

Yeah, he played his part well in this fic. The little needling comments...how Macy constantly glanced to him before doing anything...

Oh, Nick, why can I so easily see you as being a total ass?

Loved the various times Joe stood up for Macy. The rule backlash was wonderful...the pie cutting...the baseball...when he finally called Nick out...

"Sorry," she blushed, "once a fan always a fan." -Love. I so think this is very possible. Macy could so befriend the boys without completely doing away with her fangirl side. I thought the convo above this line was great too.

Intrigued that while Joe had wanted Macy to be more mad about how he used her in the start of this, it was Stella's remark, that was fully justifiable and easily could (should) have been from Macy, that shook him up. What would have been his response if Macy had have said that to him opposed to Stella? He deserved that remark and he knows it...especially since Macy let him off the hook so easily.

And while I was definitely here for the Joe&Macy friendship...gotta admit I loved the less-than-subtle 'hints' of Kevin/Macy. "There's my girl." "Kevin's perfectly happy sacrificing his safety to be around you." So, so sweet.

“Macy Misa and me are going to be great friends.” This is my biggest hope for the show...I mean, after the (inevitable?) hookup of Kevin/Macy of course.

I'm trying to refrain for copy/pasting your whole story...because it was long and I really don't want to post an epically long review (even if you fully deserve it!...and this pretty much is anyway...)

So, yeah, this was such an amazingly well written fic. Just lovely, each and every word of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful read!
Shereeeeboo chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
:D I absolutely loved this.

It shows that a guy and a girl could have a friendship, without it being awkward, or all "Are you two going out?"

Great job! 3