Reviews for Foundations
Krizie chapter 7 . 8/5
Zidane's too inconsiderate here, poor Dagger :(
Krizie chapter 6 . 8/5
I'm not very fond of Zidane's attitude here, he seems not to care a bit about Dagger's reputation as a queen. Anyway, enjoyable story to read, nonetheless.
Krizie chapter 5 . 8/5
I don't think Tantalus members swear like that.

But anyway, awesome chapter! Love your description.
Chocoletier chapter 33 . 6/12
1 month, for finish this wondefull history, Im agreed with u, when a game is catching your heart is difficult going out, I love the fic, the characters keep theirs personalities, So, I can forget this, my heart everyday was crying, or loving, or dude! IDK, u are a genius for the art of writing, please I want to know if u in the future u write something new. Splendid! brava!
sup3rl0z3r chapter 33 . 6/4/2016
Sooo. I started playing ff9 again (thanks to rhe rerelease on steam) and when I got to garan roo part I had to go and reread brick by brick (which obviously lead me here) and I realised... I never actually reviewed this last chapter. After rereading both brick by brick and this fic in their entirety... I am so glad that I was a part of this Fandom as you were writing them and I got to see you develop into such an amazing writer over those years. I still can't believe that ff9 is as old as it is and still holds such a part in my life. It is there for me when I am happy, sad, angry... however I feel. Like you said in your author's note on this last chapter "garnet has become a good friend" I feel the same... about all of the characters... and I am so happy to know there are others out there who feel the same. These 2 fan fictions, in my opinion, are such a wonderful companion to my favorite game. FF9 will always be dear to me. It walked me through such an awkward and shitty time in my life... and this fanfiction is its companion to me. I have accepted things you have written and decided them to be cannon in my own personal ff9 world. I just wanted to extend some love your way and let you know that I think you are wonderful and your writing has brought a lot of joy to me over the past... how ever many years. I have never met you, will probably never meet you, and we have never been so much as much "Internet friends"... but I want you to know that I am so greatfull for you and your writing... and I hope that you let us know if (when!) You have anything published, I will be a fan of you forever. 3 3

Take care, and know I am wishing you well from afar!
~Sup3rl0z3r (made this name in middle school and it is so odd to type it now, lol... )
freyja0taku chapter 12 . 1/26/2016
I always thought that Mene is kind.. Is he not? He even tried to carry Zidane so he could go home from the Chocobo paradise.. But it's still a great story.. (It's just my opinion3
freyja0taku chapter 11 . 1/25/2016
Ouch for chap6 I can't believe Zidane accidentally hurt her.. Yay for the necklace (chap7) .. I thought chap8 is a fluffy chapter? But it's still great.. Hahahahh the start of chap9 is funny.. Poor Blank xD .. In Finding the middle ground, you accidentally wrote it as Chapter Eleven which should be chap10.. But it doesn't matter, I just want to point it out.. (if someone still haven't) .. The implied Freya and Fratley is great btw.. hahah :3
freyja0taku chapter 6 . 1/24/2016
I feel sorry for Dagger in the Prologue but Choco is amazing :3 .. Yay for implied Ruby and Blank (chap1) .. I'm glad that you mentioned Vivi.. I cried at that (In chapter 2).. Ugh. I hate politics .. Hmm Blank and Dagger's friendship is good in this fic but I really can't see that happening (just my opinion) .. But thanks to Blank's suggestion, Dagger and Zidane had finally xD (in chap4).. Hahah.. Chap5 is full of funny scenes except for the last part.. Hope you don't mind thos kind of review.. :3 (if you even see this) xD
freyja0taku chapter 6 . 1/24/2016
Bereft of Wifi chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
Is there anywhere I could download this fic so i can read it offline? I really enjoy your work, but i often find myself denied an internet connection, and so unable to read it. I sometimes just have read something uplifting, and your stories fit the bill perfectly.
Ashley chapter 33 . 1/2/2015
I love this story from beginning to end. I'm so glad you finished it! I've been following it for years as you've been writing it. I really admire what you've done to continue the story. I loved how "in character" everyone was. I could see every moment in my mind vividly. FFIX will always be one of my favorite games, and I think you will always be one of my favorite authors! You really are an amazing storyteller, with impeccable grammar (that's pretty hard to come by on this site. lol). I'm so looking forward to continuing to read your work! Brilliant job!
Angelalex242 chapter 33 . 7/12/2014
...huh. So the heir will be the reincarnation of Kuja in a Terran Body...and then HIS son will be the reincarnation of Zidane in a Terran body, and they'll essentially be father and son, alternating, forever.
ShinOokami chapter 33 . 7/11/2014
Well then finally time to get writing another looooooong review(at least i'll try)...

(PS: i really hope you actually do read through all these ramblings of mine...)

first of all id like to mention that with brick by brick and foundation you have written about the same amount of words as book 1,2 and half of book 3 of "harry potter" or about the same as book 2 of "Malazan Book of the Fallen" (which i strongly recommend,) that means about 900 pages of standard book.

and the above means that a career as an author is within reach, especially if you equip the "Protect Ring" and "Thief Hat" and learn long reach ;)
So i am looking forward to seeing some of your original works

But on to the main topic, that being the chapter, and ill start from the bottom i think, the loose end is fantastic (sadly you have domed yourself to writing a oneshot or something, to round up the new member of the tribal family. (don't worry I am sure its gonna be great, and i look forward to reading that too.)
though I wonder when and how did thy fix the sword of Alexandrian castle? cus' from my recollection thy said they can't, and it sounds like it is whole in that third to last sentence of yours...

\/ iMPORTANT \/
Carrying on to a different bombshell, I can recommend you improve your writing "point of view" a bit, as throughout many and close to all your fanfics (that I have read, and that is starting to add up) you have that annoying tendency of changing viewpoint between the characters so that the one who is talking is always in focus, and this makes for a lot of paragraph's and for a bit more serious writing that is not necessarily a good thing, (ofc. when it is dialogue it is more than fine.)
The part under section V. is fantastically written but there you might have chosen to only use an "Indented paragraph" to signify its only a tiny time-skip, or that it is a slightly more marked end, than what a period can manage.
Right now that's all I can find in your way of writing that needs a bit of improvement before you release an actual physical original-story book.

Anyway's back to the main topic, the letter from Beatrix and the details therein are, well simply superb (your letter form is also fantastic, it is one of those few gems I find around and that I am willing to use as references, I am almost lost for words on this.) especially the small detail about Steiner and it being inconsequential, I laughed at that.

Next I think, is Mik and her technology and calculating way of being (and how you manage to portray her flustered but hiding it behind a scientific matter of fact sort of fa├žade.) it is so fantastic and I truly want to see more of her in any future oneshots (or that Kind of character in one of your future original stories)
and blank being blank there is not mush to say about him, but you portray him wonderfully :)

Last is the name "Orunitia Tribal Alexandros", man how I love that name (even if it is only a combination of there last-names) so when you see this name pop up in schools around the world... well you know where it comes from

and this is it for this time I guess... sad that, though i must say kinda-sorta wanted to see a gaian terran hybrid from garnet and Zidan but I guess there is no chance of that (but maybe with their son?)

well until next time.

Sincerely Shin Ookami
A Seeker of Knowlage
Katsumara chapter 33 . 7/3/2014
Well this was amazing. Touching. My eyes may be a little itchy.

To think.. all this time brings us to this. If you'd told me at the start of the story that it'd all wind up like this, I would have been like "Psh. You're kidding!" though now that I see it unfold.. it seems only fitting.

I can't believe you started this in 2009, and here we are in 2014 with it completing. Goodness, what a fantastic ride you took us on, CC. I honestly wish I were better with words, but I'm trying my best to form complete sentences here due to how sad I am to see it end, even if it honestly had to, yanno?

Either way, I know you said you were probably going to stop writing outside of the potential drabble here and there. I do hope we see one, but rest. Please. You definitely deserve it. :D

Thank you for everything, CC. (Also sorry I always call you CC, but I'm not sure what else! I mean Crimson works too or something, but..CC's shorter! :P)

Take care and be well!
Katsumara chapter 32 . 7/3/2014
So awesome. Loved this chapter. Toljda I'd work on catching up and granted it's super late.. but catch up I shall!