Reviews for Foundations
Guest chapter 31 . 5/11/2014
It's been so long I nearly forgot that this existed. Than goodness it's back!
Teranyre chapter 31 . 5/11/2014
Haha, things are gettin' pretty frisky this chapter. Rawr.

I'm impressed with the imagery you convey through description. Your explanation for the whole black mage soul cycle is pretty awesome and well thought out, I like how it ties so neatly in with the logic of the game. It's nice to see you active again, it's been awhile! Hope you're well!
WhateverNever chapter 30 . 5/10/2014
Binged this and brick by brick over the last couple weeks, they are both just wonderful! Keep on writing whenever you can, you're too talented not to!
Fractured Peace chapter 30 . 5/9/2014
I know that it's been a while since you've updated this, but I'd just like to say that your fanfiction is wonderful. I've read your writing before, and parts of it were what inspired me to start writing on this site (though of course, I'm nowhere as skilled or dedicated as you are). I stumbled on this when I got in the mood to start writing again. I read through the whole thing in two days. There's just something about your style and setting that makes everything feel so much more real. You give a real sense of place to everything that you write, a sense of time and space that was not particularly present in the original. You make it feel more realistic and alive, and I love that.

I'm not going to plea for more material, because...Well, I barely finish anything and haven't posted much myself! But I would love to see this finished and to be able to read more in your style! I love that there are more people out here who are still enraptured with this game's characters and settings, and I love reading everything that I can. You're one of my favorite authors on this site, and I thought I'd thank you for providing me with a wonderful way to spend the last two days. ;
Bridgy chapter 5 . 4/16/2014
Just "relax." he tells her. Pfft! Well...what can you say to a girl having sex for the first time?
These two did alright, or should I say you did a bang up job in this chapter!
This story has me laughing all the time. I love it (and that's saying a lot since I usually always have a hard time finding a good story to read on FanFic).
I have no doubt these two will have more intimate moments together. So looking forward to it.
But her cousin, though. He raises questions...
Bridgy chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
Found this story because of tumblr. I saw a naughty picture of Zidane and Garnet heehee and saw the link to your story.
Wow! I must say, you do a good job of writing and explaining how each character feels. I also really enjoy how you describe things, like Mene in the beginning, when sleeping and wrapped in the covers. Very cute.
I can't wait either for Zidane and Garnet's relationship to get more serious...and intimate. Ho ho ho!
Closet pervert here! XD
MichaelR92 chapter 30 . 3/21/2014
What the heck, you cannot leave us hanging like that! What is the ending!? Please write the rest...I really wanna know.

I read brick by brick and it was great and this was good too...but we need it finished.
Jman7 chapter 30 . 3/4/2014
Your fanfics are interesting, but I would like it if you exclude some things from canon from the FF9 game because frankly, I found the game to be badly written and the love story as well, you don't have follow the game exactly because the romantic development wasn't the best written and was irritating, also you never had Steiner get called out on punching zidane in "brick by Brick" and didn't have him apologize either since the whole thing was a misunderstanding, and you had garnet push away zidane durning the angst chapters.

Also this is just a suggestion but you should have it in the canon of your story that zidane and garnet actually went together to burmecia in the game, because I hated how that scene played out in the actuall game, the characters were being stupid and it interfered with the love development, but it's just a suggestion I'm not forcing you, do what you want.

Also maybe you can have it that zidane and garnet actually met before in the summoners village before it was destroyed, and also have kuja more sympathetic and regretful: because I found him to be badly written in the game too.
Cait Beepo chapter 30 . 3/3/2014
I read all of this in one fell swoop today. Brick By Brick included. And I understand if daily life is getting in the way of completing this story... that's pretty normal with age. I'm replaying FFIX for the, like, millionth time, and how you write these stories about Zidance and Dagger fucking blows my mind. If you need any help - any - I would love to assist. As a big fan of this story, and the game itself, please - PLEASE - finish this at some point in our lifetime. It's too good to leave.
apples in the rain chapter 9 . 12/23/2013
Hello.

Well, I've sort of just been merrily reading along, since I'm like 15 chapters later, but my mind keeps jumping back to this one. I just can't figure out what Dagger was so impressed with at the beginning. I mean, later she sees all the wedding arrangements and stuff, but at the start it's just. . . sea, waves, and a pleasantly familiar sandy beach. You know, stuff that a person's more apt to praise a deity for creating, not a lover for picking a romantic setting. And she's forking out disbelieving credit to Zi, and it boggles my mind because I just can't picture what's got her so impressed that she's beyond words. And Ruby's apparently doing something or another, but I'm not really sure what.

Ah, sorry though. I know you prolly wrote this part like... *looks at dates* four years ago? Sooo, yeah. Usually I feel kinda weird critiquing old stuff, but I'm a thousand times more apt to review if I do find something that bothers me, and well, you do seem to be still writing this thing. *shrug*

On a happy bunny trail, it's pretty amusing that they're getting married a second time on the same continent. Although, when I went through the game I kind of pictured it ending with Zi teasing Dag about getting married on -every- continent. But seriously, that boy would definitely kidnap his girlfriend and steal a wedding. Heh :P

Dag choosing -not- to tie him down is pure gold.
linkthewarrior chapter 30 . 8/1/2013
Great work, can't wait to read the ending!
Caitlyn-4479 chapter 30 . 7/31/2013
At the start of the uni year, on the cusp of a new ff9 file, I started reading Brick by Brick again, a sort of 'childhood' (read: adolescent) favourite of mine. Reading it again was a delight and I immediately started reading Foundations straight after. I read it on the bus, between lectures, during lectures! And now I'm dying to know what happens next once again! I'm feeling just as frustrated as Garnet - I want our Zidane back! No doubt you've got something great in store and I'm so glad you're staying faithful to this story. Through the years your writing has stayed consistently wonderful, and yet I can see a shift and improvement in the style and calibre of writing. I hope you use this talent to its fullest and I can't wait to see what else you come up with! I know you're concentrating on personal works now, but I hope I'll be able to read them one day. (Hint: publish to Australia!)

I'm so sorry for the lateness in saying this, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine low hard it must have been and still is, and I wish you and your family my best wishes. It would have been so easy for you to abandon this, but you haven't, and that's a rare quality a lot of writers lack - persistence and a passion for their work. Be very proud of yourself and keep up the great work!

Truly, you've been a mentor to me throughout my years as a growing writer. I don't post here anymore but I still write, and so much of my inspiration comes from you. Thank you for being such a great role model. You will always be someone I look up to and I always enjoy going back and reading your work. Especially, I have to say, 'Fur beneath her Fingertips', an old favourite!

Good luck with your personal endeavours and works and I can't wait to follow this story to its end - though it'll be very sad when it's over. Your perception and characterisation of our beloved monkey boy will always be close to my heart. I can't wait to (hopefully!?) see him bounce back to his normal self in the coming chapters!
Flake of Snow chapter 30 . 7/24/2013
Fantastic stuff. I really can't sum it up any other way than that.

From right up until the first chapter of BBB, you've kept the characters...just that - in character. I can picture them saying and doing literally everything they've done up to this point, to the extent that i'm surprised half of BBB wasn't even in the game. It should have been.

I have a similar attitude to Foundations. You handled the political business better than you seem to have thought you would, and repeatedly i've broken my own promise of saving the next chapter for later; I simply couldn't wait.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter, and the one after that, and the one after that...and so on. It'd be a great waste if you were to stop now. You do have a gift for this sort of thing.
nolongerusingsorrybye chapter 26 . 7/18/2013
Ahh the thought of a little baby mage... it's just so adorable.
hikari chapter 30 . 6/28/2013
awesome story so far. keep updating
522 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »