Reviews for The Miracle of Life
whitealmond chapter 2 . 5/4
I have to admit, the change in tone was pretty jarring - I was on tenterhooks, wondering if Artemis would really go through with it - and Holly forgave him too quickly, I felt; but this was a very refreshing foray into an oft-written subject. And is Artemis losing his touch, or did he mean for Foaly to see him in the lab?
I'd be interested to see a continuation to this!
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/4
I LOVE this more realistic take on an A/H baby, and Artemis being far from overjoyed, thinking of Holly's safety over their offspring. ;-;
Guest chapter 2 . 1/17/2014
phew i am so relieved! i thought he was really gonna poison her!
Electricboa chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
That was a little dark in the beginning, I'd almost argue more so than Artemis at his worst in the books. I'd be interested to see where they go from here, since there's probably a lot that could be done if the People react negatively to it. Nicely written.
BookWormy chapter 2 . 4/14/2012
Fabb so glad he didn't kill it! Really good at the end totally gr8!
Evil People's Underwear chapter 2 . 10/26/2011
MY NAME IS MIRIAM. ... just thought I'd let you know :L :D :O I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read this chapter... Thanks!
The Dark Knight's Revenge chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
Funny funny Funny :D I liked it, please update soon!
seleenermparis chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Your concept could work, although, I did find a few flaws in what I perceived a potentially decent fan fiction. I do hope you take them into consideration when you review your reviews, edit, and possibly add to.

One, I am assuming the place you were revering to as "Tyr na Grog" is actually the land of eternal youth in Celtic legend. If this is the case, it is spelled "Tir na Nog". There are accentuation marks over the 'i' and the 'o' but for some reason won't allow it...silly ...or at least I've never been able to get it to work.

Second, I really think you could have slowed your story down a bit and taken your time with it. It seems rushed and a bit forced. You're missing detail for which I think would make your story better. Tell us about the warlock who is treating Holly. What kind of room is she in? What was the doctor's reaction to Holly being pregnant? Was he surprised? What did the trash magazines publish about Holly and Artemis? Were there pictures published? What was Holly's reaction to this? Let's get inside these character's heads!

Third, "foetus" is "fetus".

Fourth, "borne" is "born"

Fifth, as another suggestion (since I'm seeing a trend when it comes to misspellings) please find someone to beta read your story to correct your spelling issues. They can also help with any continuity and grammar issues you may have as well.

A fellow coin shipper,

S'Eleene Paris
Darth Kottaram chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
Quite excellent. Thank you.
hijinklum chapter 2 . 11/7/2009
le gasp! he tried to kill the little one! evil Arty! im enjoying this, but just one thing- you might want to space out paragraphs just that little bit more- its a lettle hard to read. other than that, ilove it!
Love and Rock Music chapter 2 . 11/4/2009
So awesome. I adored this completely. I pretty much believed this chapter could only match, but not top the previous one, and this piece of sheer awesome happened and I was at a complete loss. The angle here - so amazing. Artemis cooking up his own abortifacients is completely mind-blowing. Really. The way he justifies it! "But she was all that was good about him and he didn’t know what the world was like without her in it except that there was madness in it." -Such an incredible line! That Arty would risk losing Holly's love rather than risking her life. . . OMG. That paragraph where he muses about children being's women's business was amazing. Just the eerie feel of Artemis doing something so awful, all alone in a dark laboratory. So good!

The rest of the chapter was fantastic, too. Artemis worn out from all his moral contemplation the next morning. . . I love it. Because of course he wasn't surprised that Foaly knew! If he'd really meant to go through with it Foaly would never have found out. It's Artemis Fowl, after all. I actually really liked the switch to lightheartedness and I think it worked really well. Congratulating Artemis on almost doing something unforgivable! The tears in Butler's eyes! I love it!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Wow. Just. . . Wow.

I have long been on the fence with an Artemis/Holly relationship, not least because Book 6 was such a major disappointment. It always seemed so implausible. But here - wow! I never imagined that it could be handled with such amazing grace. Not just a relationship, but a pregnancy. Both were fantastic. Holly's point of view was done perfectly. And the writing style was phenomenal! I think that's what carried it off so well. The swift pace and casual thought process, the way time gaps were just skipped over - it added this layer of reality that doesn't seek to convince the reader. It just *is*. Not to mention all the pitch-perfect description and characterization, and especially the phrasing.

"Fifteen minutes later, as Holly alighted on Artemis’s windowsill and was immediately drawn inside in a tumble of limbs and questing lips, she decided that her announcement could once again wait until later." -Awesome line. So expressive, so emotional.

I also really loved the way you handled the love thing. Holly living on after Artemis, Artemis never considering children as a possibility because of Holly. . . incredible. You did Artemis so very well here. He has all his Artemis-snark and the softness of age and love and concern. It's fantastic.
Nongarak chapter 2 . 9/6/2009
Oh, wow. You totally had me thinking Artemis was going to be a total jackass. I'm pro choice, but poisoning your girl? That's horrible. I'm glad he decided against it!

This story was excellent, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Any chance of you picking this story back up some time?
Nongarak chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wow. I can honestly say I've never considered that happening. Maybe it's because I don't read enough fanfics. Huh.

Anyways, this was excellent. As odd as the premise is, the writing is great. On to the second chapter!
TheAmethystRiddle chapter 2 . 9/5/2009
Oh, wow. This is the best done Hollygetspreggers!fic I've ever seen. Woo.

You did a great job. Everyone is in character and stuff and Artemis and Holly are so FREAKING GREAT.

Ooh, I so want to know what happens next.