Reviews for A Gilded Hook
LyradanaGreetsTh chapter 1 . 9/16/2020
Eleven years have passed in a flash, it seems to me.

This is a fine, crafty story, almost a horror story. Certainly it is good speculative fiction of the highest order that is Star Trek flavoured. I enjoy returning again and again to re-read and be frightened all over again for Jim and so very very sorry for the world building (and destroying) Mirror Spock Prime.

I always wonder if this damaged Jim be be able to return to duty...

Thank you again for writing and sharing such a wonderful angst-filled tale with a scary ending. More, please ?
Kris chapter 1 . 4/4/2020
Please consider adding a warning to the description/summary.
LyradanaGreetsTh chapter 1 . 6/30/2019
Just love re-reading this story year in and out because I love the ending so. Thank you for your cunning tale telling and for sharing your work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
Oh my fucking SPOCK I did NOT see that coming!
Brilliant! Broke my heart, but brilliant! OhGod, wow. I was enraptured and amazed and wow.

Akira
CarnationDaydreamer chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
...What? I mean...What? like...that was...EPIC! Weird as Hell but epic none the less. I mean seriously that was great that was REALLY cool. Loved it. Great job. Slightly confused but...pretty sure I got the gist of it
AkanAbrun chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
The style of the writing, the plot of the story, the background... It was all absolutely perfect. I loved this story so much. Thank you.
xXLostStar chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
This is one of the best Star Trek stories I've ever read. So deep...so well done. Just...wow. I'm at a loss of what to say. Absolutely perfect. I just wish I knew the aftermath.
fullmetal-meeze chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Whoa what. Is this the ISS-Enterprise Spock? From like the Terran Empire. This is a perfect piece and I'm so impressed, honestly. It was a huge surprise at the end, and it's good. This makes so much sense now.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
oh. My. GOD! I did not see that coming! Wow. You mixed Mirror!Spock with Spock Prime so perfectly that I didn't get it until the end. wow.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Wow! Nice one! That was well written and I absolutely did not see that little surprise coming at the end there. Interestingly enough, I'm a little torn between feeling sad and regretful and yet, strangely happy too. Jim did what he had to do to preserve the UFP. There's a lot of people who will be able to continue living in a democracy because of his choice. Brave decision, but ultimately the correct one. I like how you portrayed that even in civilian life, Jim continues to think like a captain and puts duty to his crew (or in this case planet) first and foremost above personal desires or well-being.

Also, I like your take on the course of events. If it was mirror Spock who came through into the splinter universe, I can be content with the knowledge that the real Spock prime remains in his world. I've always been a little sad imagining what Spock must be going through, stuck in an alien world with all those familiar faces. People who have at one time been his closest friends and possible even family, but are at the same time strangers with whom he share no common history or travels together. It must be a painful experience to be among his former friends when they do not recognize him and they share no common experiences together. I get it doesn't help that his planet was pretty much decimated and his mother killed when he know that a happier alternative exists, just that he could not return to it. Kodos for providing an alternative explanation for the presence of Spock in splinter universe without screwing up the original timeline too much.
Jade chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is by far one of the best Star Trek stories I've read. It's beautiful, intricate, and dark. I'm half torn because I want a happy ending but it's perfect the way it is too. I will never look at Spock Prime the same way again. Brava!
bellatrixatwar chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
so dark, so beautiful.
loved it.
well played!
Ishtar205 chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Loved it
Dierdre chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
This fic wrecked me. Beautiful, tragic, sweet and horrible in turns. Perfection.
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I loved this so powerful and the ending !WoW! I didn't think I could be surprised? If I were the people planing the new movie I would pay you for this idea. Your ending would be such a remarkable catch for the storyline. I wish I knew how to reach the writers who I heard still didn't have a completed script, and put you in their line of sight!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »