Reviews for A Gilded Hook
OniTheElder chapter 1 . 1/16
The style of the writing, the plot of the story, the background... It was all absolutely perfect. I loved this story so much. Thank you.
EvanescentWriter chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
This is one of the best Star Trek stories I've ever read. So deep...so well done. Just...wow. I'm at a loss of what to say. Absolutely perfect. I just wish I knew the aftermath.
fullmetal-meeze chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Whoa what. Is this the ISS-Enterprise Spock? From like the Terran Empire. This is a perfect piece and I'm so impressed, honestly. It was a huge surprise at the end, and it's good. This makes so much sense now.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
oh. My. GOD! I did not see that coming! Wow. You mixed Mirror!Spock with Spock Prime so perfectly that I didn't get it until the end. wow.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Wow! Nice one! That was well written and I absolutely did not see that little surprise coming at the end there. Interestingly enough, I'm a little torn between feeling sad and regretful and yet, strangely happy too. Jim did what he had to do to preserve the UFP. There's a lot of people who will be able to continue living in a democracy because of his choice. Brave decision, but ultimately the correct one. I like how you portrayed that even in civilian life, Jim continues to think like a captain and puts duty to his crew (or in this case planet) first and foremost above personal desires or well-being.

Also, I like your take on the course of events. If it was mirror Spock who came through into the splinter universe, I can be content with the knowledge that the real Spock prime remains in his world. I've always been a little sad imagining what Spock must be going through, stuck in an alien world with all those familiar faces. People who have at one time been his closest friends and possible even family, but are at the same time strangers with whom he share no common history or travels together. It must be a painful experience to be among his former friends when they do not recognize him and they share no common experiences together. I get it doesn't help that his planet was pretty much decimated and his mother killed when he know that a happier alternative exists, just that he could not return to it. Kodos for providing an alternative explanation for the presence of Spock in splinter universe without screwing up the original timeline too much.
Jade chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is by far one of the best Star Trek stories I've read. It's beautiful, intricate, and dark. I'm half torn because I want a happy ending but it's perfect the way it is too. I will never look at Spock Prime the same way again. Brava!
bellatrixatwar chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
so dark, so beautiful.
loved it.
well played!
Ishtar205 chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Loved it
Dierdre chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
This fic wrecked me. Beautiful, tragic, sweet and horrible in turns. Perfection.
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I loved this so powerful and the ending !WoW! I didn't think I could be surprised? If I were the people planing the new movie I would pay you for this idea. Your ending would be such a remarkable catch for the storyline. I wish I knew how to reach the writers who I heard still didn't have a completed script, and put you in their line of sight!
sugarowls chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
...whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

That was the biggest mind-screw I've like what is this i dont even sethsyj457sryaytsjgg

Dude. So good. I'll never recover from this story. You are brilliant.
Niula chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Hey, just wanted to mention that the quote from Bargeld does not have that many commas. XD

It should go 'wer geteilt ist, hat nicht mitzuteilen', it sounds extremely funny otherwise, and quite strange.

Niula
SparklyLalala chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
:blink: efffffff, I need a drink after this. That was one mind blowing story. Really, I am stuttering here and feel like you have just punched me in the gut.

And yes, I am woman enough to admit that I want you to fix Jim, to have his narration be a part of investigation into Prime Spock death and than give him his mind back, his ship back and bloody hell, yes good Spock back.
May Eve chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Wow. That is some damned epic mindfuck. Thanks for the ride.
phoenixandtiger chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Okay, that was a bit...confusing. And it was very interesting, to say the least.

I do have one question: Is the Spock Jim's talking about Spock Prime (the old one), or Spock, the young one who's the same generation as Jim?