Reviews for Snare
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 1/21
You had a couple of minor errors ("and they were not always there, the ghosts," "a ache," etc.), and you should probably know that the /i's around the bits in italics are showing up in the published version. However, they scarcely detracted from the story.
It was beautifully told, weaving other events with Fort Sumter. I loved the slow evolution of the Confederacy from a ghost to a real threat. The historical details were quickly dispensed with and wonderfully accurate. Your phrasing was unusually clever in places ("a hot, humid pause"). Overall, it was a pleasure to read.
Random Person chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Wow...this is aweseome! I mean, where do I start? :D

For one, I loved the writing style. All the details really helped set the scene and ground the story. It definitely pulls the reader in.

The concept was really interesting as well (I always wondered what happens when countries have civil wars.)

Also: props for all the historical background! I can tell you actually did research (horray!)

This story needs like a gazillion reviews!
Fell4 chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
A very chilling recolection.

Fell4

Because what does the South have if not pride?
apbarium chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
One reason I really like this story is because you got your history right. I can't tell you how many Civil War fanfics I've read where the Confederacy starts off on a rant about how they need to keep their slaves. Not what the war was about! Anyways, nice work.
Yowaki chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
I enjoyed this fic, and the perspective you took on the civil war. Poor Alfred. Good job my friend.
Mossmoon chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Wow! This was...creepy, but very, VERY well written, and you taught me about the countdown on Fort Sumter. Now who says you can't learn anything from reading fanfictions? ;)
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
That was very good! Very very creepy, but I love Hetalia fics that actually center around history (why are there so few in this fandom of all places?)
AbyssalDaemon chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
A very likeable oneshot. Though really the South doesn't have any room to be talking about being pushy when it comes to opinions given how up to the point that the industrial revolution really started to pick up during the 1850's and making the North the power in America; they had no problem trampling over the northern state rights or forcing bills through congress.
Ginnysaysso chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
That was a very unique way to write about a civil war from a Country's POV. I liked it, a lot.
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Whoa. Talk about split personalities...

Deep stuff. Well done.
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Well-written - it's heavy, dramatic...and that conversation between the Union and the Confederacy was...interesting, to say the least.

And the end - it just sort of wraps it up for the beginning of the Civil War. Good job. I might fave this, but I'll need to consider it for a while (yeah, I take faving very seriously...xD -shot-).

PT