Reviews for Travelling Riverside Blues
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
this is great!
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
*climbs out from behind sofa of slacker shame*

Girl, just had to say how much I enjoyed reading this and of course...\0/ 'congratulations' on your win - which was very much deserved. *squee*

I love how rounded Leo is as a character even in a short(ish) one-shot and I still adore your music references and the way everything you write reads like canon. I always appreciate stories where I can hear Dean and Sam's voices when I read the dialogue.

Loved it!

Liz x

*slopes off to hide back behind sofa of slacker shame*
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Hey Blair, I always love your use of music in these stories! So awesome. Having been part of the challenge, I know how tough it was to write and in my opinion you hit this one out of the park. You so deserved your win- it's an awesome story. I love how even though Sam's not in this story, he's a big part of it. :0) Gidget
AZGirl chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Very well done! Loved Leo's description of his experiences in the war and how they compared to what Dean went through in Hell.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Yep - it's as good as I remember it! Do you win a rosette or something?

Loved the parallels between Leo and Dean and your cleverness in providing a Not-Sam with Dean tendencies.

Favourite bit? The paragraph about how Leo was changed, particularly ..."They filleted me. Ripped me open. Spilled my guts out until I wasn’t a good man anymore. Until I wasn’t a man at all.” Dean felt Leo’s eyes rest on him. “And then everything was easy. Didn’t matter what I did or who I did it to. It wasn’t me anymore.” ...Just perfectly sums up what Dean went through too.

Dean's thanks for what Leo did for his country was moving too - on the obvious level (cos our rforces do deserve thanks) but as a reference to the thankless hunter scene - and more particularly the losses incurred.

So, a clever tag - great!
marinawings chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
great story! i really love how dean and leo connected-both trying to get back to someone, both singing the same songs. good work with that! once again, you used music masterfully. and the characters had such authentic voices. dean... so very dean. awesomeness.
21 | « Prev Page 1 2