Reviews for A Walk in Potters Field
Rameelia chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Can't say I understood the parallels between Lady Grey and Snape at first, but, if anything, this fic gave me a good reason to look up that particular bit of history of British royalty. Now that I do actually know who and what she was, I can appreciate the additional depth it gives to the story, putting the choices Snape has made/must make into perspective. I absolutely loved this place because it really shows how lost Snape must've felt after Voldemort's first downfall:

"He was a traitor to Tom. Tom, who had lied to him, demanded his loyalty before he fully understood what such loyalty meant. He was a traitor to those that opposed Tom, although he had never pledged his life and soul to them. He was a traitor to his people, people he had never belonged with."

Love the angstiness of it.

The one thing that I found a little hard to believe was Lucius just walking up to Snape in a Muggle pub and informing him they (the Death Eaters, I presume) had actually considered Snape as the next Dark Lord or something. No offence, but I thought that was a bit ludicrous. No matter how skilled and knowledgeable and ambitious and all of those formidable things Snape were, I can't imagine the Death Eaters giving up the chance to seize the moment of glory and power for themselves, giving the reigns instead to Snape. I don't imagine all of them trusted him, either.

But whatever.

The rest of the story was really nice, and there's some vivid descriptions that I enjoyed, particularly Thames and the surrounds and Spinner's End.

So, all in all, quite an enjoyable little story. And I found the last scene at the Hogwarts rather moving. Nicely done!
Phoenixica24 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
So he died? Dumbledore took him away? What happened in the end there?...I'm confused...
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Oh my goodness, why have I never read this before? Wonderful story. The Lady jane Grey episodes fit perfectly, and I love the idea of Severus holding on to some part of the Muggle world as a way of escape, and Lucius even envying him for that. One of your best, which is saying something.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Having his head taken off would be a mercy considering how he was treated by both sides as things turned. If he had but known, perhaps he would have ended it then.

And being Kissed by a Dementor is supposed to destroy the soul. That's supposed to be merciful?

Then again, Snape might have seen it that was compared to nearly two decades of slavery to two masters, hatred by all, and death at Nagini's fangs.

Pity he didn't run for Muggle London and take his chances there without his wand.
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
In my hot tiny little college single, my skin prickles and turns cold.

Magnificent.
verity candor chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Terrific. Really.

The comparisons between Jane GRey and Severus, or memories, or thoughts, whatever, were excellently tied together. I think the idea of Severus being marked as the next Dark Lord REALLY interesting and unique, and of course, wonderful insight into his character that he refused. Brilliant.
LaCoquette chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
this is such a beautiful piece,forgive me if i can't say anything more eloquent i am at a loss for words on how to express my admiration.i lved how you were able to incorporate the history of lady jane grey in your story, i always found her to be such a fascinating individual and your depiction of her thoughts in the final moments of her life was heartbreaking and brilliant. Like Jane severus found a place to return to, she to her God, him to Hogwarts, places where they can rest and find comfort in their sufferings and trials, yet unlike the former his journey had just begun while hers has ended. in the end he will find that same place where she went to, the lady he admired so much.
Nsu-Yeul chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
this is very well written, although i should tell you that the link you left in the review lounge did not work.

but, honestly, i had a good feeling when i saw your description of the story and have been justly rewarded. i like how you are able to express severus's sentiments at a time when he seemed most lost.

i found myself almost wanting him to turn down albus's offer, and for some reason, your description of lucius's motives rang true. i've never sympathized with lucius before; so thanks for the experience.

all in all, this is a well-rounded, good oneshot. :)