Reviews for Scar Tissue
untapdtreasure chapter 6 . 2/28
Very interesting character piece. It was disturbing, but so in character. I like that most. And I like how dev/danz are starting to figure each other out.
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 2/28
Oh. This just feels to be riddled with angst. I can't wait to read more! Hehe. I fear for his very life when she gets her hands on him. Eeek!
Sedra chapter 6 . 8/30/2009
Noble Danziger! Glad they put an end to his destructive behavior, though. And poor Devon, trying desperately to open John's eyes. I love the idea that the Edenites would start making trinkets to trade with the Grendlers. And True's clever tracking plan. Thanks!
Sedra chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
YEAH! I love the build-up for this story. You definitely covered all the bases when it comes to the problems at winter camp. If Earth 2 were on TV now, it might've been able to develop as more of a serial instead of episodic show. I'm guessing they could've explored some of these ideas more in-depth like the spider caves, Whalen, trading with the Grendlers, the Elder's colony, etc. So, I loved that you included all the possibilities the Edenites might have explored while facing their lack of food. Now...what trouble has Danziger managed to get himself into this time?
SecondGuess chapter 2 . 8/19/2009
I really enjoyed this story, though I wish it hadn't been spoiled for me in the reviews. I often gauge what I'm interested in reading by them, and if a story is complete, it seems there's no need for speculation that could just damage the author's intentions. I loved it regardless, and I thought the Spider Tunnel red-herring was used very effectively. :)
Joan Powers chapter 6 . 8/15/2009
Love Bess' plan. I love the way this story fits so seamlessly between episodes. The setup for the scouting party with the spring flowers. Devon telling John how much she depends on him and how if anything should happen to her, that he would need to lead the group. Amost eery. I love the way you've captured the essence of their characters - Devon the optimist and Danziger the pessimist.

Great story!

Joan Powers chapter 5 . 8/15/2009
That's what I thought was going on. That makes sense that he's keeping the source hidden - for their safety. I can understand why Danziger would feel deseperate enough to resort to this. Also, guilt about killing the Grendler would also be pushing him.

Maybe the members of Eden Advance can take turns donating to keep this source of food open to them?

Joan Powers chapter 4 . 8/15/2009
The suspense keeps building. Can't wait to see what's going on.

Joan Powers chapter 3 . 8/15/2009
True being concerned about her Dad is so touching. Can't wait to find out where John is going when they use True's device to follow him.

Joan Powers chapter 2 . 8/15/2009
Why do I have the feeling Danziger is selling his blood to the Grendlers for fruit? At first I thought he was just using the spider tunnels but that wouldn't account for his declining health.

You've got Danziger pegged right. Ready to push himself past reasonable limits for the group and his little girl.

Joan Powers chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Great to see a new story from you! You've successfully brought us to the camp right after the events of Survival of the Fittest. There were so many questions in that episode that were never answered. How did Eden Advance find food? How did the scouting party cope with their actions? This story ought to bridge that gap nicely.

I like the courses of action you suggested - asking the elders about food, etc... You can sense the growing desperation of the group, especially John. He doesn't want his little girl to suffer.

Looking forward to more.