Reviews for Half the Perfect World
Nuada Silverhand chapter 1 . 4/8
(Late, but still) This was awesome. George RR Martin didn't write Artemis Fowl, but if he did...

I've a conspiracy theory that would make things even sadder that I'll put up if I find more evidence.

Oh and I wouldn't feel too bad about the Incredibles bit; if Iron Man 3 can do it why not you :P Great job overall.
Kuma Dzurui chapter 20 . 2/15
Truly an amazing piece of work. This is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read and I have been reading for years now. You have woven it masterfully( in my opinion) and created the situation to match. Truly a wonderful piece. Ja Ne.
Why u do this chapter 20 . 1/29
That is... SO SAD...
Why u do this to me?!
That was pretty mean though and i feel way more depressed now :(
But it was well written and had a pretty good plot.
8.5/10
AE chapter 20 . 12/30/2014
It's not often I read fanfiction. For me, it has always seemed that to write a truly good one requires the same level of understanding of the characters as the author themself. Countless times I've began reading only to stop and think, "this character would never act in this way".
"Half the Perfect World" is different however. Even after a few lines I knew it was different, better than the others. It fits in perfectly with the original storyline, and the protagonists all retain their lovable, unique personas they built up in the Colfer books. It was easy to feel sympathy towards the group, having developed an emotional attachment to them throughout their escapades in the series.
I particularly liked the way in which you were able to introduce new characters and slot them so easily into the story. It takes not only imagination but also intelligence to simulate the environment of New York, and I thought Honor was a great testimony to this. The false identities which Juliet provided were most amusing, I certainly chuckled at the thought of Artemis in a pink V-neck.
And onto the plot. It was interesting to see some of the more vulnerable side of Holly, as in the series it seemed she was a no-nonsense, full-blooded LEP officer through and through. I suppose being convicted of murder must be rather traumatic, especially if you have no memory of it. It was truly heart-wrenching to see her give up almost her entire existence to escape, and that sacrifice seemed to completely change her. Without the help of magic or Foaly, she had been reduced to something she had originally despised, a Mud Person. Perhaps this is what made me pity her so much.
As for Artemis, his social ineptness fitted nicely into the plot. His phobia of showing love was a fitting reminder of his background and his original personality, one of greed and pride rather than compassion. However, his true colours shone through as he not only sacrificed his wealth for Holly, but in the end his life. For me this was the most emotional part of the fic, as having seen Artemis progress over years it was not hard to imagine that he would commit such a selfless act.
As for the Butlers, their loyalty and commitment was unwavering, even during their sternest test. Juliet was resourceful and utterly devoted to the task of keeping Holly and Artemis safe, everything she admired in her brother.
I could go on writing for a while, but the words have dried up. I'll admit I cried while reading this, something I've never done while reading before, but it was such a emotional rollercoaster that I couldn't help myself.
In my eyes a more fitting end to the tales of Artemis Fowl does not exist. I hope you continue to write, you have an amazing talent, and I thank you with all my heart for sharing this with everyone. I hope to read more of your work in the future.
Best regards,
AE
CreativeWritingGirl chapter 19 . 8/15/2014
God dammit, now I'm crying.
Sceleri chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I have things to say. First, DO NOT start reading if you are an emotional person. I have read this till ch. 16 or so and can not continue. Because i know that Artemis is going to die and the rest of thd fic is written so well... I dont want my heart brutally ripped into two and then get drowned in my own tears. Do you? And I always thougt that i weren't an emotional person. I was wrong. As usual.
Ramon chapter 6 . 6/21/2014
You'd do know that stealing script from Disney movies such as the incredible a is illegal, even if it is on a fanfiction site and you are writing about artemis fowl.
Smeehan98 chapter 20 . 5/29/2014
That... was really depressing. Beautifully done, but that just makes me want to cry all the more.
Spannerspoon chapter 20 . 4/26/2014
Brilliant, heartbreaking, amazingly written and a fantastic idea.

I feel you should add a warning on a few of those chapters not to read them in public... I was sobbing on the train when I read Artemis' death.

A fantastic piece of work - brilliantly composed and I loved the bittersweet ending. Fantastic.
Anonymous chapter 20 . 2/1/2014
Fantastic story. One of the better AF Fanfics I've read.
Person chapter 20 . 1/26/2014
Literally the best thing I have ever read. In all my years. This story made me cry; it made me laugh. Though being dark, the happy ending was amazing. I cannot praise this enough. My thoughts are so jumbled right now, so if this review makes no sense just know that this story is the most amazing this I have ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon.
moosejuice5 chapter 20 . 1/25/2014
this was a bit odd but i loved it
MLP Mike chapter 20 . 1/7/2014
Great story, although I think you are evil for making tears come out of my face. I look forward to reading more works from you.

Also, shout out to Butler being a total boss. Remember that time he fell out of a plane?

- Mike
Kat-Knife chapter 20 . 12/17/2013
I have been staring at the screen for a few minutes now and I don't know what to say... I read this story all in one day and I was - sorry to sound clich├Ęd - mesmerised by its beautiful tone and quality. It's raw and painful to read, but at the same time I couldn't put it down.

Before I read the scene when Artemis was in the hospital, I knew that he was going to die, but I didn't want to stop reading, this story was just that good.

You spun an amazing tale that I am so incredibly glad that I read and, you know, I think I wouldn't want the ending of the story to change, just because it's real and sort of "half-perfect" just the way it is. Thank you for writing an absolutely amazing story that I don't even have the words to describe how amazing it was.

-Kat
Guest chapter 20 . 12/10/2013
wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaa!
And THAT is all I have to say about THAT.
For God's sake, do you enjoy crushing souls in your spare time, then casting them into Hell? My heart is permanently torn... I guess that means you're a good author...TOO good.