Reviews for Superwomen of Eva 2: The Hand of Fate
edboy4926 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Good intro.
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I'm sorry I never reviewed your story. I like this a lot. This makes my impression of Yui very helpful in fanfiction than it doesn't in canon. I mean, we got a woman that allowed herself to be devoured by her project and didn't think much of the repercussions in the anime or manga, and we got a woman that saw the repercussions after she watches her son's friend get hurt because of the cruel, crazy father wanting to kill the enemy and make his son miserable for all time. If only Yui could be like that in all fanfiction as well as the canon anime and manga. Peace out, dude!
Ryuus2 chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
I see you went with the short stories for the mothers as well. Let's see how you did.

...

Yeah, no complaints here. If I could give you five stars I would. You'll just have to settle for asterisks ;) *****

Almost all of the SoE are part angel, and I was really having trouble rackig my brain to see how that would carry over, but after further review of the summaries, it looks like everything gets played straight as either "Magic" or "Alien" with the SoE2. Magic really does simplify the whole process. So do aliens.

Hm, this is the second story I've read, and the second time Shinji's grown a spine. Am I seeing a pattern here?

Keep up the great work!
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
Very nice little two-shot. And those omakes! Priceless!

"I just want to go to the bathroom!" ::dies::
Blades252 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
really nice chapter
Rassilon001 chapter 2 . 6/13/2010
I see you are rather determined to make just about every available female from NGE into a DC superhero, aren’t you? Well I commend you for being thorough, if nothing else. And creative in many other respects. Making Dr. Yui Ikari into Doctor Fate was a rather excellent idea, and they meshed well together. Frankly, the comparison when they met is eerie.

Yui and Gendo’s reunion was unprecedented (seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before in fanfiction) and beautifully portrayed. Especially when she backhanded his psychotic self. I couldn’t stop laughing for like ten minutes. And then another twenty when she dropped crushing her husband to embrace her confused child.

A much shorter story than your usual works, but then again Fate tended to be a one-shot or side-character in most of the DC-verse stories, so its understandable. At least this one wrapped up well with a climactic battle between the Ikari family.
D.K.N chapter 2 . 5/18/2010
My only "complaint" is not seeing Asuka & Rei's reactions to all this.
robert the robot hobo chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
Excellent two-shot. The emotion of the first half (things like Yui describing Shinji as her proudest accomplishment) contrasted well with the action of the second half. Out of curiosity, are you planning one- or two-shot stories for the other mothers? It would help round out the SOE2 series, but I for the life of me wouldn't know what those stories would look like. Unless you stick with the Krypton theme and make Kyoko into Mxyzptlk.
OrionPax09 chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been as regular in reviewing these chapters as I would like. But I'm presently making arrangements to go back to college, and that's eating up a lot of my time.

Now, onto to the review. This was actually a fairly interesting chapter, and the fight with Shinji, Yui, and Gendo definitely had its moments. And it was nice to see Shinji so uncertain about being reunited with his mother. At how unreal it felt.

Still, I can't help but feel that the whole 'Yui still in love with Gendo, despite all his evil' doesn't really feel right. Now, I admit, Shinji was hoping to be with his father as he once was in canon, but he's been manipulated over the course of ten years, and for the most part, this was the only real hope he had of actually having a family again.

Yui wasn't being manipulated. She was on the receving end of all of Gendo's boasts about his cruel plans, his schemes and his manipulations of Shinji, and was completely helpless to stop any of it. If you ask me, that would result in a VERY angry mother.
NefCanuck chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Interesting way to close this one out indeed.

Yui as Dr. Fate forces things to follow a certain path to a degree, but you still managed to pull out a few surprises in the end

Gendo sending Shinji away because he was afraid that he would hurt Shinji after Yui was lost sounds just so flipping logical I'm surprised no other author has ever used it. Congrats on being the first and doing it so well :)
Quathis chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Very dramatic battle to settle the Ikari family rift. Nice how all members got a hand in that resolution. Also liked how the end was fairly open ended, with the possibility of Shinji taking up the mantle someday when the Angels were dealt with as well as SEELE.

The omake was short but oh so funny in a ridiculous kind of way.
dennisud chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
First this was a great twofur and I wished you would have also had Yui connect with Rei as she would be at least considered a relative of some sort.

Still the battle at the end was great except I would have dragged that demon into it and ashed him back to hell!

;-)
OrionPax09 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Okay, this was pretty interesting story, and I liked the battle with the 14th Angel.

However, Yui's reaction to Gendo...she's been spending the past ten years traped in the Eva, somewhat aware of what Gendo was doing to Shinji, living in a perpetual hell. And she lets him off with a slap to the cheek before going to cuddle Shinji?

Also, I definitely would have liked to see more Yui/Shinji interaction. Though it looks like Gendo isn't quite out of it yet.

As for Yui being oblivious...well, I've always figured her for sort of a workaholic persona, in that she gets wrapped up in her efforts of discovery. When a person has that kind of tunnel vision, they do tend to ignore other things in favor of doing what they're doing.
NefCanuck chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Now this is a most interesting choice in as much as I could have seen Yui as the Spectre here (Vengeful Hand of God & all that)

Though this setup does lend itself to some interesting changes, including Shinji getting his mother back (In a rather unique form yes, but still)

Awaiting next chapter eagerly...
Stinkoman 20X6 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
"Yes, I realize these things are supposed to be one shots..."

Says who? I think this is an excellent story so far, and it'd be a shame to rush anything.