Reviews for The Code
Dante 101 chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
A good semi-philosophical piece of writing,
jedilittlebee chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
Qui-Gon is so right-on. Too bad it wasn't until Luke re-established the Jedi that love and marriage among Jedi could be openly sanctioned. Denying true love among any segment of society is wrong! Love hopes all things, endures all never fails!
Baconfat chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Wow. This is so wonderfully written. Achingly beautiful and breathlessly romantic. The ending is so perfect. Wow again. Amazing.
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
Cool story, and an interesting take on what might have brought down the Jedi. Personally, I think you're on the right track.
Marram chapter 1 . 1/25/2001
When Phantom Menace hit the big screen, I expected I was going admire Qui-Gon's rebellious nature, but I didn't. In fact, I found him to be rather insufferable. I think you captured his very nature in your story, because I found myself becoming frustraited with him once again - the big twit! Very nice work, though!
Achika chapter 1 . 9/20/2000
Although I do not normally enjoy love stories, this was one of the best things I have ever read. I admire the philosohpical point of view. No emotions? No feelings? How can any being, human or alien, follow such a code? And what about compassion, which should be essential in Jedi's "job" and which is a feeling, too? (Well, the Council in TPM seems to be rather lackong it). Who invented that code, anyway: Lucas himself of some silly "official" storywriter? Of couse, emotions, especially bad ones, should never command a Jedi, but no emotions at all? Come on! I'm glad that someone seems to share my point of view.
Brolliks chapter 1 . 8/13/2000
A good piece of semi-philosophical writing!
Jinna chapter 1 . 8/9/2000
That was beautiful and pure like twin suns setting on Tatooine :) You managed to express in a fantastic way the clashing contradiction between Qui-Gon's 'feel don't think, use your istincts' and the Code's 'there is no passion, there is serenity'. I've been long bothered by this dicotomy. Glad to see I'm not the only one...
ami-padme chapter 1 . 8/8/2000
Not to speak for the author, but I think the two situations are *totally* different. The Jedi in Ep. I are in a position of enormous prestige and influence in the Republic, because they each possess special/unique abilities that give them unusual strength and power. In TPM, they are revered/feared as the defenders of the Republic...By the end of III, that very Republic will turn on them, and they will be wiped out. That is an enormous and *radical* change. I guess you can say that Palpatine, as long as he was determined, would have killed them all in any event, but I highly doubt that 10,000 Jedi can be wiped out by *anyone* unless the Jedi themselves (unwittingly) do something to help cause their own downfall. The Jews in Europe had no such power, position, or influence to combat the Nazis with. IMO, that comparison is a bit of a stretch.
urnofknowledge chapter 1 . 8/7/2000
Hmm. So you're saying the Jews brought about their own destruction during WWII? The purgation of the Jewish people was the result of some sin or mistake they committed? Do you see my point? How could the Jedi be responsible for the "Jedicide" instigated by Palpy and brought about by Vader?
Jedi Amoira chapter 1 . 8/5/2000
WOW! Deeply emotional and thought-provoking. I love it!
Candy chapter 1 . 8/5/2000
HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! OMG! WOW! *wipes tears away* that was just amazing! This story was so sad... but so good... wow... *stares at screen in amazement* goodness...
Lesietta Wehs aka LP chapter 1 . 8/5/2000
I liked it. :)
Skywalker Child chapter 1 . 8/5/2000
Beautiful! Qui-Gon is so smart; no wonder no body listens to him. )
Zekkers chapter 1 . 8/5/2000
I liked it. The concept that denial of feelings created a weakness in the Jedi is a strong arguement, and you made the point well with this little story. The sad irony of what we know to happen next also adds depth to the tale. The characters were well done.