Reviews for Half of Two
Alexander D.C chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Hum. This seems to blur the line between prose and poetry; it already seems to have an almost iambic rhythm to it, and would in fact work quite well with just a bit of modification as blank verse. I find myself wanting to read it aloud as a monologue. Although, if we were to do that, there's perhaps just a bit too much rhyme... flee/immortally/free would be just a bit too much assonance for my taste. Anyway, fantastic work. :)
thebison chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Toccata No. 9,

It was the summary that drew my attention. And now I am so glad that it did. Reading this beautiful piece of prose, I remember what it is like to breath. These words are alive on the paper, these words have life. And you have given it to them.

To make concise what I mean to say in response to your beautiful words, is that it takes a beautiful person to make beautiful things. I love this story, and I hope to read more of your work.

Don't ever loose faith in the things you love and the things you give life to. Best of luck in all your journies.

Yours Truly,

SubjectiveReality
APennyForYourThought chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Quite an enjoyable motif here. ;) I loved the imagery, especially of the way the "creature danced upon the tallow".
Vivaciti chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Oh, my word. Loved this. Your usage of metaphors and personifications really are fantastic!

Jazz
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
that was kinda depressing...even though i didn't really get all of it...but the general tone got across...and it was depressing...i sound like a demented two year old, don't i. sorry...:) anyways, nice story.