Reviews for Aspiring To Greatness
Runecutter chapter 5 . 3/21/2013
Ehhhh "Phoenix man"? :D

Nice little humorfic. Sometimes it has a bit of a problem to leave the "just some brilliant jokes with filler lines leading from one to another" segment and really try and be a STORY, but well not everything needs to be novel grade fiction and the puns and quotes ARE brilliant mostly :D
Muroshi chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
A very good story so far. I hope you decide to continue it at some point. I'm definitely curious as to how you will incorporate the Baskilisk component to Harry. As for filler between important parts how about relationship building for Harry and the three girls as well as Ron and the Hufflepuff chaser he likes. Perhaps also another failed Ginny scheme to attract Harry. You could also deal with peoples reactions to the superhero Golem. Especially Tonks' reaction to Harry flying her home would be interesting. Perhaps even a Daily Prophet article about the mysterious "Ministry Golem" that failed to follow Fudge's orders.
AlaskanKing chapter 7 . 5/22/2012
This is a fabulous story, but I noticed it hasn't been updated in a really long time. Is it Abandoned?
the-Dapper-Demonic-Gentleman chapter 7 . 4/7/2012
(Gasp)ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

Keep going! I loooooooooooooooooove this story, it's awesome, and happens to combine some of my favourite themes.

I love how nasty Ginny is, it's hilarious, and I'm really curious as to what blackmail she has on Hermione... I hope this cuts into your debts to the internet mafia, they can be nasty. Had to change my pen name and delete an entire account to get them off my tail. Agh damn. Please don't tell them where I am?

ANYWAY ahem. So update? Pretty pretty please with a giant fuzzy rainbow terridactyl on top?

P.S You write Luna awesomely and I hope she gets a slinky

P.P.S Does Harry keep the armor as his costume? Or does he go with something more shadowy...
znerom chapter 7 . 3/19/2012
Very enjoyable read, to bad you abondoned it... unless by any chance you can come back ;)
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
7 Interesting and different end of 4th year when Harry goes to No12 with his idea to become a muggle superhero. With Hermione's instant support and the general interference of Molly, Ronald and Ginny, Harry and Hermione come up with some ideas. Molly is matchmaking, while is clueless but Ginny is very much prepared to do anything to make Harry, Mrs Ginny Weasley. Hermione still had her time turner and Harry discovers runes after Petunia hits him on the head. They use these skills to create a superhero. Tonks overhears and with Sirius, Remus and Moody, thinks Harry and Hermione are having a secret the train to Hogwarts they catch up with Neville and Luna which Ginny and Ronald are not happy about.

The toad is starting to take over the school with Dumbledore's blessing and Harry starts the DA. The horcrux in Hufflepuff's cup in Bellatrix vault somehow possesses a goblin who becomes Goblinmort and starts a rebellion. Lucius is killed when he sent by Voldemort to collect the cup.

Harry and Hermione are trying the polyjuice again when Fawkes puts a feather in Harry's cup. Harry still drinks it and 3 days later has wings for his superhero with fire control but no flaming travel.

Tonks is captured by the goblins with other aurors surrounding Gringotts. Firehawk (Harry superhero) in a suit of Hogwarts armour, flies to Gringotts, battles 397 goblins and can still recognize Griphooks before he kills him. Goblinmort fights and Harry decides to find Tonks in the feasting hall. When he gets there followed by Goblinmort, Harry uses the time turner to go back an hour to save Tonks from being raped by the traitor auror, kills him and rescues the other aurors. Tonks trips and Harry has to carry her. They meet Fudge outside who tries to pass off Firehawk as a Ministry Golem. Harry flies off with Tonks and drops her home and returns to the Astronomy tower meeting Luna and uses the time turner to return to Hermione two minutes after he left.

A good story where Ronald has his eyes on someone other than Hermione. But Ginny wants her BWL and money and has already blackmailed Hermione and warned Luna off. Neville is onto Ginny but will Neville, Luna and Hermione get together to share their knowledge of Ginny and the danger she is?

Thanks for sharing your story. Please update soon.
Basilisk1 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Great job. Although if it had been me as Harry, I'd have told Molly to wake her own kids up, and leave me alone-

The excuse could always be that he needed to study for his upcoming trial...
Debate4life chapter 7 . 1/2/2012
Harry makes a good superhero, and I do love the costume! I like how everyone assumes he, Hermione, and Luna are in a threesome, too, that has a lot of amusement value. But please, please never make me picture Alastor giving The Talk with his peg leg again! Anyway, hope you write more!
bobcox26 chapter 7 . 12/24/2011
interesting but needs more romance between Harry, Hermione, and to start for Luna, Tonks. What does Ginny have on Hermione and if Harry is super hero he needs to be more stand up for himself and others like telling the Ron, Ginny, ect to back off
Sigismund chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Highly enjoyed the story so far, please update.
monbade chapter 7 . 2/25/2011
roflol, buy luna a slinky. Loved that. Anymore chapters?

monbade
atlantisatlan12 chapter 7 . 1/18/2011
nice hope for more
xavierp chapter 7 . 11/12/2010
This is a fun story, though a little disjointed in places. I think it also veers into parody in places so maybe it should be tagged Romance/Parody?

Whatever, please keep going.
trongod chapter 7 . 11/7/2010
Great story, one in which Ron actually acts like a semi intelligent teen... Who'd a thunk it?

The Hermione/Luna/Harry has /definite/ possibilities (Hint! Hint!) Love that Luna, she cracks me up.

Ginerna's a definite PITA, so I'm hoping she gets her reckoning soon so as to prevent trouble down the line.

All in all, excellent work!
trongod chapter 7 . 11/7/2010

All in all, excellent work!