Reviews for Precious Things
laurzz chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
Wow.

What an incredible story you have here. I'm truly astounded at the thought (and research?) that has gone into this. I absolutely love what you've done with the spoilers in this story. You've kept it true to Danny and Lindsay in my opinion but also you've developed them as your own with the spoilers (if that makes sense) and I simply loved it.

I think we're all onto something with these spoilers, but I have to admit, I would definitely love to see this story here played out on screen.

Fantastic job with this - I really do hope that there will be more!
afrozenheart412 chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
I honestly don't like giving in to blackmail, but since I had already pushed the little green button, you will get your review. :) You are so wonderful in showing us that Danny wanted Lindsay and Lucy at his physical therapy session. Liz is a godsend. Truly she has his number down and knows when to call him on it, like Lindsay. I LOVE the description of DL's relationship and how Papa Monroe would chase him around Central Park with a shotgun. I would love to see that myself. :D To me the best part has to be when Danny and Lindsay are talking in the garage, laying everything out in how she feels about him and how she loves him too much to not worry about him.

There were a lot of lines in here that I simply adored but these are my favorites "Danny leaned back and released her hands. “I suggest you get moving, then, Montana. I’m gettin’ ideas for some things we really shouldn’t be doing in front of the kid, if you know what I mean.”

Lindsay grinned and started the car. It had been so long since Danny had joked about anything. She’d missed the banter and the innuendo. She’d missed the Danny she fell in love with. She crossed her fingers and hoped this was a sign that he truly was beginning to heal - in mind as well as body."
Colie04 chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
I really like where you're going with this fic.

I like how Lindsay stood her ground in the first chapter. She loves Danny whether he's in a wheelchair or not. I also like the fact that Lindsay can sense when something's wrong with Lucy or Danny. I'm not a mother but I'm sure all mothers have that. It made me really happy at the end to see Danny want to go back to PT.

In Chapter 2 I think Lindsay needed the reassurance from Liz that Danny would be ok as long as he didn't push himself too hard. I really enjoyed the end of the chapter with Lindsay & Danny talking in the garage. Danny seems like he's going back to the man Lindsay fell in love with. Let's hope it stays that way.

Great job! I really hope you'll continue this.
uscrocks chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
I love how Lindsay is talking to his PT, Liz about this progress. And showing signs of the Danny we all know and love.

I also hope you write continue this story.
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This was heartwarming. I really shouldn't have listened to Secondhand Serenade's Your Call while reading this. *sniffs* I hope we get to see this, Lindsay fighting Danny for their marriage. It is way too soon for him to give up, but I can see it from his POV. He is a very physical guy, it must be killing him to have to ask for help. I LOVE how Lindsay just said "No, Danny. You can’t have a divorce." That she knew what he was doing from the start, trying to protect her. But my favorite part has to be when she is holding his hands telling him that the 'sickness and health' goes both ways. It is her time to take care of him, like it was his when she needed his help when she was pregnant.

You show these two as they are, incredible stubborn and in love. :) Favorite lines "once the memorable “I’m takin’ a crap - be out in about…ten minutes!" and the last one "The therapist told me she had a cancellation this evening, if I wanted to come back and try again.” As he reached her side, Danny reached over and took her free hand. “Do you think you might drop me off on your way to pick up OUR precious thing?" I can't wait to see what you have in store for this story, but don't forget about A Father's Heart.
BlueEyedAuthor chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
that was a great one-shot! i heard these spoilers... at least danny won't die, 'cuz i'd die too!