Reviews for Enslaved
Anna chapter 36 . 4/20
Finish this please!
I wish this was finished. It's so good and I enjoyed reading it very much.
CasaCan chapter 36 . 4/7
I'm actually pretty content at it ending there but I would so love to see an epilogue or another chapter with Iroh and an epilogue if you ever jump back into this. I was absolutely blown away with how well written the language barrier was and how it transitions. I can't even imagine how difficult that could be and you did it so smoothly. By around chapter 13 when he still didn't know her name I was surprised to find that I was still entranced with Zuko just learning about another culture and how they interacted without language. Definitely on my list of favorite Zutara fics.
Kyu-Momo chapter 36 . 3/26
Awww, this is awesome!

Also.. aaahhhh that cliffhanger is evil... Please, please, please continue!
kloradori chapter 36 . 3/23
:) I occasionally go back and reread a select few my favorite fanfics, and this, by far, is one dearest to my heart. I've reread it a couple times now, over the years since I first found it. I love the alternative setting that you've put them in, the detail, the dynamics between the characters, and how things have unfolded in this story. It just seems to flow together naturally, from start to finish, which is a hard thing to do.
I hope you do find inspiration or time to finish this, but even if you don't, you should know how much I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Good work.
SockMage chapter 36 . 3/15
To be honest I didn't think I'd like this story, but you blew me away. You make things seem so genuine, both with the characters and the world. I especially love the way you portrayed Zuko's learning of Water Tribe language and culture. Thank you so much for writing this story.
The Amazing Mumbo chapter 36 . 3/14
This story is absolutely amazing! Is there going to be an epilogue?
Lady Elisabeth chapter 36 . 3/12
This was such a gem of a story to find. You've written such a lovely and completely new twist on the "captured/slave" Zutara story and I adored every chapter. Your style is particularly well-suited to telling a story like this, very rhythmic and almost antique, keeping the essence of the ATLA world while simultaneously giving it a realistic, historical feel.

Are you a linguist? Your description of the different languages spoken by the characters fascinated me, and one of my favorite parts of this fic was watching Zuko's slow process of coming to understand the language of the water tribe. I am currently studying abroad and dealing with this challenge myself, and you captured his budding understanding perfectly. I loved seeing the shift from "caveman speak" to actual nuanced sentences spoken by the water tribe characters; I felt as though I were getting to know Sokka and Katara all over again, even though I'm already familiar with their characters from the show. You did an outstanding job developing everyone's personality through the problematic language barriers they all experience, and it was a process that I can relate very personally to. Getting to know someone in a different language is fascinating as new personality layers reveal themselves with your own growing understanding of the dialect. :)

All this to say well done, truly! I was sad to see that this story hasn't been updated in about a year, and while I realize real life announces its presence often, I do hope you haven't abandoned this fic. I will be looking for new updates with anticipation! I love Uncle Iroh and can't wait to see your take on his character.

Happy writing,
Lady E
anny rae chapter 36 . 3/5
This story is amazing! And so respectfully handles a great challenge; of blending cultures. And it's so realistic in that it took time for these two to arrive where they are, and it's still going to take work and effort to keep themselves happy and to draw even closer. AND your demonstration of the difference and struggles at comprehension are phenomenal! Just plead please finish this when you are able.
Love it!
Poodie chapter 36 . 2/21
This story (though incomplete as of late) is incredibly AMAZING! There is no doubt in my mind about that. It was so cool how Zuko made a bond first with her children and not her (as probably most other people would have taken it, and while nothing is wrong with that, it is so good to see a bit uniqueness on the writing field) his relationship with her children was heart warming, and how he just grew in the place in their heart, instantly becoming more of a father than their biological dad. The whole story line, plot and every every's is great. amazing, fabulous -insert more complimenting words because i currently can't think of any-. You also capture Zuko beautifully! Most people write in Katara's POV (again not a bad thing), which is understandable because it is probably more interesting in her mind XD and also because most people complain of not being able to write Zuko properly, and that they're never too happy with themselves when they try ('and fail' in their words), but somehow you managed to understand and write this beautiful (yet fictional, oh crap my life T_T) character, from his defiance, to his feeling of comfort and welcome, and yearning for that, since he had been missing it (only from his Uncle and while she was there, mother, but honestly, and Father's Love is completely different to a Mother's Love, massive difference, even vaster effects) Zuko needed a family, and you portrayed his want for it amazingly!
Poodie chapter 35 . 2/19
i shall read the nezt chapter then yeah?
Poodie chapter 34 . 2/19
cant keep her waiting… you must decide Thuko!
Poodie chapter 33 . 2/19
ha! take that your Ancient Spookiness! Tawulek! XD they get what they want when yhey want it yo! i liked when Tahnra called him daddy! futher more when she asked him. if she could XD
Poodie chapter 32 . 2/19