Reviews for Enslaved
Great slice of life fic! Can't wait for zuko/katara/iroh interaction.
sakuraxls2 chapter 35 . 11/8
It's been five years /Crais
I'll wait forever ;0;!
Thanks for the amazing story so far!
SSC chapter 35 . 11/5
I love this story so much. Every once in a while I read the whole thing again and I'm always sad to reach the end. Thank you for sharing this with us.
AutumDragons chapter 35 . 9/15
I've enjoyed reading this story immensely. I love the different take and you've created a brilliant world to go with it!

I'm not sure if this is complete, although the way it has ended so far allows the reader to imagine how it carries on. But I'd love to read more and I hope one day you might carry it on :)
Lizzie chapter 1 . 9/9
wow, I love this fic so much! I've com eback so many times to re-read. I'm just commenting to let you know that I have been creating a fic rec list, and this one is on it :). You can find it on my tumblr, maxr0ckatamsky, under the fic recs page.
Aaliyah92 chapter 35 . 9/9
Will you ever continue this? Such a good story to leave unfinished
Please update this soon! It's one of the best Zutara AU stories I've read and want to continue reading! Chapter 36 (and onwards) where are you?! D:
Also maybe once you've finished this, you could write a parallel story to it but in Katara's POV where some of the dialogue and events in earlier chapters before Zuko understands the water tribe language and customs become clear to the reader?
Anyways, hoping there's an update soon! :D
Gyreflight chapter 35 . 8/22
It's nice to see worldbuilding that uses such strong anthropological foundations, and this is done with skill and care, confident but understated enough not to feel either clunky or trying-too-hard. Using an outsider's perspective allows the characters themselves to act as expressions of their culture, something which works really well here.

This Zuko makes an entirely believable point of view character, and although Katara is necessarily more enigmatic, that doesn't make her any less interesting. I'm also impressed at how long you kept the story going with such realistically scant communication possible between the characters – it would have been much easier to take a short-cut, but both the story and the characterisations would have suffered for it.

I do like the relationship you've built between these two, but I get the feeling that the rest of the world is likely to intrude on them soon – they can talk to each other now, but language is not the only thing that divides understanding, and there is a lot that Zuko doesn't know how to start explaining to someone with so different a frame of reference. And the marriage certificate exists. And Iroh knows where he is...

I don't know if this is something that you'll be able to come back to, but I'm glad to have found it.

Thanks for the read.
archergwen chapter 35 . 8/22
This fic is wonderful. I hope it will one day rise again, but even if it doesn't, that last sentence is a decent enough end.
LazyShadowCat chapter 35 . 8/18
This story was so good. I love how you incorporated real life cultures here. It makes everything realistic and interesting (though I'm kind of sad there aren't any polar dogs or tiger seals or anything).
I really hope you update soon, even though it's been five years. If you do, is there any chance Iroh is gonna come around and meet Zuko's new family?
This is the bestZutara fanfic I've read in a long time. The world building is so rich and I love the children so much. I hope you update soon!
zemmeline chapter 35 . 7/30
i started reading this story around the same time i started a social anthropology class- it might seem irrelevant, but Enslaved help me out on my last midterm. So thank you, thank you for writing this incredible story and cementing my understanding of cultural relativism, not to mention helping me remember the basics of matrilineal systems and potlatch. It was imaginative and inventive, and without a doubt one of my favorite Zutara fics.

It's been 5ish years since the last update and Im doubting that there will be more chapters (which is totally understandable). Still, there is a sense of finality and ambiguity (the good kind) that i can appreciate. Incredible work, can't praise you enough for the thought and creativity put into it!
ZaidySantos chapter 35 . 7/30
I really enjoyed every aspect of this story! I came across it for the first time yesterday and I've already finished it! It's been so long since your last update that I'm kind of sad because I know that it probably means this story will not be continued. I really invested myself in the story and found something I liked within every chapter. I really enjoyed how you incorporated the different languages and dialects as part of the story. In the cartoon it works that they all understand each other, but the way you did it makes it seem more realistic. Because just like in the real world, different countries have different languages and even dialects within that same country. So i think you did a great job incorporating that into your story.
QueenDarua chapter 35 . 7/15
Let me just say that this story is BRILLIANT. I avoided it for a while because the summary and the title put me off and honestly, now I regret not having read it sooner. I love how you created the distinctions between all the nationalities; it makes the entire story seem so much more realistic. I know that it's been nearly 5 years since you've updated this story, but I sincerely hope that you do pick this story up again! I would love to know what happens to Zuko. Does he stay? Does he go? Do him and Katara have a baby? Does Azula show up? There's just so much left and I really really really want to see this story not be abandoned. Again, it was a pleasure to read such a lovely, well-written story and I hope you update it.
Separate Entity chapter 22 . 6/21
This story keeps getting better :)
1,536 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »