Reviews for Enslaved
sixfullmoons chapter 36 . 5/7
Came back to this story after 8 years. Still love it just as much.
Hekela chapter 13 . 4/24
Honestly, I've had no complaints about how you are handling the language barrier and Zuko's learning a foreign language. He's having to learn the language the MASSIVELY HARD WAY, without any language/grammar/dictionary/"Foreign Languages for the Dummies" books or teachers who know both languages and can answer his questions and help him learn all of the "Everything Complicated In Between" crap. He's having to learn by very close observation, being taught fractured word at a time, and by his own theories and conclusions. That is NOT. EASY. AT. ALL. I mean, I'm learning Japanese myself, having to teach myself (cuz I'm not in a position where I can take formal classes at the moment), but at the very least, I have educational apps, Google, Google Translate, Online Dictionaries, and other things like that. And English subbed anime, and raws scans of manga series that I can use as translation practice (while enjoying the story at the same time~! Two birds with one stone~ combining homework AND fun~! :D). But Zuko doesn't have ANYTHING like that. He's having to figure this all out on his own, and I think he's doing MARVELOUSLY! So don't worry! (_)/
Is there more? Cause I think I need more, I need it more than I need air.

This is so freaking good. MY WORD! Such fantastic writing
Mr. Nine chapter 36 . 3/25
This is a great story I hope to read more of it
leonebrion chapter 1 . 2/14
Thank god you turned the tables! No racism detected!
La Phoenix chapter 36 . 2/6
This story is amazing! I had a feeling Iroh would appear. Hopefully you’re able to pick it up from here some time in the future
haitt chapter 36 . 1/29
Thank you. Wonderful story, beautifully written.
Awkward Animagus chapter 36 . 1/29
This story is amazing! There is so much detail put into the culture and mannerisms that I can see it all, and that somehow I keep learning things about traditional craftsmanship and providing for oneself and others in harsher climates.
I hope that one day (soon?!) you will return to this story and finish it, dear sharkflip, because I am hooked...
ironowl chapter 36 . 1/29
I love this story and the excellent worldbuilding you've done! There is so much depth and thought put into it, and the little details about the rest of the world sprinkled throughout the story are so intriguing and make the world feel larger and more complex. It would be so cool to see the canon timeline of the show retold in this sort of anthropological style (with Zutara of course haha). I hope you finish this great story, Sharkflip; it's really imaginative and I can't wait to see where Zuko and Katara's story leads them!
Hey, the year is 2021 and I found this fic in a fic rec. This has been an absolute pleasure to read, and I can tell how much effort you, dear author, have put into it. You have my respect. This fic is so well written and creative, and I hope to read something as good as this again. I also hope to, someday, be able to write something this good. I hope you are well.
This story remains incredibly gross. I shouldn't be surprised, considering that a good deal of the people on this website seem to have convinced themselves that slavery is cute or something. I get that people would have to be a out of character in order to even allow the concept, but these people are frankly unrecognizable. It isn't helped by the use of language barrier as a poor salve for poorer dialogue. what was the decision making process behind making Katara Yakone? Just to make the power imbalance even more fucked up? Like, its not bad enough that the dude is a literal slave in an enemy city and has no way of getting home, his master has been wanked into being the strongest person on the planet? From your portrayal of her thus far, I'm confident that her part in this fucked up situation is going to be handwaved soon. How do you solve it? Freeing him? I'm certain that he'll be perfectly fine with hanging out with his former masters and will want to stay here. I'm disappointed that this was even recommended to me.
What the fuck? Who are you trying to sell this romance to?
What self respecting person wouldn't just kill Katara in her sleep at this point?
wrdvmt chapter 36 . 1/4
Hope you’ll get to finish this one day! Not gonna lie, I was a bit sceptical about this story at first but as I read it I regretted not starting it earlier. Thank you for your story!
random chapter 36 . 12/16/2020
Just finished binging it in one day. This story is so tricking awesome. Your characterization was great. The traditions were interesting. Really hope we get another chapter someday. Thanks for sharing this wonderful gem :)
River Liren chapter 36 . 11/30/2020
Thank you for a wonderful story.
1,996 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »