Reviews for Enslaved
Will you be adding more to this story? It’s so good!
I loved this so very much. I’m so happy I found this story. It’s beautiful.
Of all the chapters to end on a cliffhanger. This was a good story. I don’t usually like a slower more detailed stories like this one, but it was really well written. I still love the humor end of the first chapter, and it was also cool to read a story where the main character has trouble speaking to anyone.
I love the author’s note at the bottom. When they said Zuko was the slave, I had to go back and reread the summary, because I was so sure that the summary said it was Katara. Also, the ending of the chapter was hilarious!
Unoriginalpoet chapter 36 . 10/4
Wow. Just wow. I sincerely hope you finish this one day, even if your last update is four years old. I'd found this story and put away for later in my mind as the plot felt deep from the beginning chapter and I wanted to wait until my mindset would allow me to fully enjoy it, but I'm so happy that the time came and I'm able to write this review for you.

AtLA made me fall in love with a host of characters that grew as the days I returned to my tv pressed on, and I found myself so enthralled and invited in to the universe it's writers created. But you and this story? Reading this transported me to an entirely different world; a real one. The nations and characters from the series were based off of actual ethnic groups, and some little nuances depicted that artfully, but you managed to draw me in to a piece of the real world, of real people, simply only wearing a thin veil of lore as the chapters progressed. And that is impressive.

The world round wouldn't have spoken the same language, nor the regions the same dialects, just as we don't. Traditions, customs, mannerisms, you spoke of them as they transpired for different people groups, laid them out in a succinct lines that still contained beautiful imagery, and provided context when and where it was most needed. The flow was great with the time-lapses, the movement and growth of the characters towards each other and in their own respects feels natural, and above all, kept well within their personas throughout every chapter.

A ~ phenomenal ~ job, all in all, taking an artificial universe and molding it to a realism while still retaining the integrity of the one we all fell in love with. :)

As a side note, I absolutely loved the introduction of all our beloved characters. Reading through Aang's visit killed me just a little though. Like an actual pang of bittersweetness watching the way he spoke and interacted with Zuko, not so naive to know that while his love was still held by Katara, hers wouldn't be for him in return. I'm a little sad, that's all I'll say, but I loved it nonetheless.

If you are still active, or if you come back one of these days and find yourself reading my words, I implore to give this masterpiece its deserved end! Until then, I think I'll take Zuko's words for myself... and wait. ;)
xoxo22595 chapter 36 . 8/31
Just discovered this gem of a story and spent all day reading it. It was rich and detailed and vibrant and well thought out and I enjoyed it so much. Thank you and I hope you’re doing well.
Ieraed chapter 36 . 8/26
oh my gosh! what a good read! this is sooo well written and flows so smoothly even though it is pretty far off canon. loved the whole thing! if you ever write more, I'll be first in line to read it!
OthilaRae chapter 4 . 8/21
This is such a wonderful plot! I have been looking forward to know what transpires between Zuko and Iroh. If you find the creative juices flowing again please finish this story! Excellent work!
AANG ...?
guest chapter 1 . 8/17
wow. I love this. The detail of the water tribes structure and customs you’ve created is incredible. Especially how the reader figured everything out with Zuko- like what is moon time?
this is unlike any au i’ve read and i’m very glad i came across it
zuzu is developing feelings oh my
LampKing chapter 1 . 8/16
I think it was shown that they all speak 1 common tongue, or am I incorrect?
Gah, this was beautiful, from start to finish. I don’t know if this is truly the last chapter, and as much as I would love to see Iroh’s reaction, I think this ending is quite nice. I hope you keep writing. You have a good talent for it.
applelam145 chapter 36 . 8/7
Can't wait for the next chapter
Trini chapter 36 . 7/28
Please continue this story! It is incredible!
1,979 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »