Reviews for Enslaved
A reader chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
This chapter contained a very interesting development within the story. I really enjoyed Toph's character and dialogue here. The last sentence left a powerful and strong impression. It was great.
xyzisme chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
I love the chapter! More characters that I recognize :) I'd love to know more about this world. And I was thinking what a wonderful twist it would be if someone comes to rescue Zuko and Katara & Sokka become his slaves, just thought I'd let you know haha!
wolf's lament chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
Toph makes her debut. Like Zuko I found it kinda strange to suddenly had dialogue, but it worked really well. Thanks for clearing up the arguement, though I think Zuko wouldn't hate it so much if he knew he was appreciated. Hmm I wonder what Toph's gonna do.
Miluiel-Apsenniel chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
yay! haha i was waiting for this next one to come out! i was so excited when i realized that it was Toph, shes probably got to be one of my favourate characters:) im so glad that were finaly getting some translations too... please tell me that in the next chapter or so were going to discover what it is that is going on between zuko and katara exactly!
ArrayePL chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
Zuko is really unhappy and desperate if he is allowing himself to accept the thought of being a slave to Toph.
AnnieSometimes chapter 9 . 8/31/2009
Now I can't wait for the next chapter :D

I really like your inclusion of Toph - and her nicknames xD And her profession as a trader kinda goes with her family, I think, because they're all pretty wealthy and you don't get that way by sitting around. I can kind of pretend that her family is one of trade now lol. That could also be why everybody knows the Bei Fongs...anyway. I digress.

Very great chapter, love that Zuko is still coming through spot-on and very in-character, you're doing a great job. Update ASAP please lol.
Agitated Brains chapter 9 . 8/31/2009
UGH SO GOOD. I'm terrible at reviewing, otherwise I'd review every chapter, so all I can offer is my admiration for this wonderful story.

(omg yay toph and jun)
NonsensicalLyrics chapter 9 . 8/31/2009
I don't think I can say enough how much I love this story.

The relationship between Zuko and Katara is very very slow coming, but it's fantastically realistic and well done and will make it all the more worth it and satisfying when they finally do progress beyond the master-slave dynamic they have now, even if just tentative friendship/deeper understanding and such. Not that I'm not looking forward to the romance... XP

And zomg, Toph buying Zuko? How will this play out? I don't know if I can wait to find out!

But, yeah, this is great, keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next chapter!
dwelian chapter 9 . 8/31/2009
Toph rocks! And she would get seasick, of course. I really, really wish I knew how the water tribe actually regards Zuko. Of course, that's the whole point isn't it? That we only get to see Zuko's side of things! If it's frustrating for me, it must be INSANE for him. Thanks for updating!
DRISELA chapter 9 . 8/31/2009
WOO HOO YOU UPDATED!

I WAS SO HAPPY I JUMPED UP AND DOWN!

I'll give you a proper review when I calm down.

Quick impressions:

NOT ENOUGH ZUTARA ACTION. ;P

and

I'll buy you Zuko! 3
A reader chapter 8 . 8/31/2009
This chapter was just wonderful again and very exciting. The hunting scenes were a nice touch, but I really liked how you ended the chapter with his reminder that he is still considered a slave. This was a nice addition to the story; please update soon.
Drisela chapter 8 . 8/31/2009
wow.

Well, I've reread this like 3 times now.

I finally have a moment to comment. (well, not really, but I'm making the time. :P)

I love the way we are taken on this manly hunt.

It's so wondrous and through Zuko's perspective we are placed in the canoe and we're right alongside the slaves and warriors. I love the way you made Zuko begin to feel like he belonged only to be reminded in the end that he's just a piece of meat. Like the rations he'd been handed.

I can't wait to read Zuko and Katara's next interactions.

He seems to be learning the language. But a smile is the same in any language. I imagine Katara was pissed that he was gone when she returned from her womanly activities. (I would be too.) But she's probably a bit proud and pleased that he performed so well on the hunt and that her slave is fitting in so well. When only a short while ago he was trying to escape. (It doesn't hurt that her rebellious slave is so damn sexy. I would put up with his insubordination anytime! :D )

Zuko's homecoming is so sweet. Katara sleeping peacefully surrounded by her adorable children, What's not to love? I laughed when you mention how the sun rose without him... we'll make a night person of you yet Zuko! :)

Now I'm desperate for the next chapter! _
lazyartisan chapter 8 . 8/29/2009
You had me worried for a minute with the title on this one...

I'm guessing the tribe is matriarchal? Or personal relations are just really complex and Zuko doesn't get it (yet). Hunting seals in canoes strikes me as a very Northwest Coast Peoples thing (Tlinget or Haida or Nootka or something) am I close? That plus the fierce decorations in the village, and using sealed baskets for food and water. Hm. I have the sense Zuko is not considered a slave like the others, just still inferior to *Katara*, either because he "owes" her for killing her husband or because she has a position of power within the community.

It's hard to avoid being vague when the person you are using to tell the story has no idea what's going on. ;)
Eralynn chapter 8 . 8/29/2009
I'm so happy to see not one update since I've last been on, but several instead! Wonderfull tone, I tell you! The way you write sets the mood just perfectly!
4EyedBlonde chapter 8 . 8/29/2009
I love love LOVE this story! I'm so glad someone has FINALLY made Zuko the slave instead of the overused Katara-slave-plot. Your style of writing really pulls it all together, too. I'm wondering if Zuko and Katara are going to learn each other's names? I can't wait until your next update!
1,979 | « Prev Page 1 .. 112 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 .. Last Next »