Reviews for Enslaved
lilly chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
i love this spin on the fandom. keep those chapters coming!
AnnieSometimes chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
Idk about the OOC-ness. Wasn't Iroh trying to teach him discipline and all that? To me it looked like Zuko was finally using his head properly after years of learning. You get the lay of the land, so to speak, first and then you strike. Would've been my plan...but I'm not Zuko lol.

Anyway, nice story - and I LOVE that the Four Nations speak different languages. I always thought it weird that they all spoke the same language in the show, despite the fact that it was just easier for the writers and such to make it so. I mean, the Fire Nation hasn't been "friendly" with the other Nations in about 100 years, so wouldn't the Noblemen and whatnot have developed a different language over time, not being attached to the rest of the world at all, and the non-Noblemen (IE, those who were fighting in the war) would have developed over time, a language that sort of linked their dialect with wherever they were invading? Languages are ever-changing. Like even six years ago if you said 'lol', 'omg' or 'wtf' out loud then nobody would know wtf you were talking about. Idk, it just makes sense, and it's great that you incorporated that into your FanFic.

I'll be waiting for your next update.
Drisela chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
YOU UPDATED! Thank you! :)

And with that ending NOW I'm jonesing for the next chapter. *shakesfist*

There are several instances in this story where a vivid picture forms in my mind.

Among them:

Nearly naked Zuko charming Katara's children.

Katara making Zuko sleep on the floor ... so very close to where she's sleeping.

Katara blushing at Zuko's nakedness. 3

I love the way you're immersing us in water tribe culture through Zuko's eyes. Nice.

Keep it up. You got me all kinds of addicted to this story. :D

I guess eventually Zuko will have to put some clothes on. I mean it's going to be winter at some point. ;p
Flutter Flight chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
This is an awesome and really unique story! I like how Zuko is the slave instead of Katara and that you're updating really fast. I kind of want Zuko to have a successful escape except that would end the story.

I wonder if Aang'll come in. That'd be interesting, as I think he would dislike slavery.
zillacan chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
You said it yourself, and when I quote Sokka, Zuko is 'Water Tribe now." So I would suspect that the last thing that Zuko would expect would be his original clothes back. I can imagine, however, the circus that would revolve around dressing Zuko. You mentioned how he's taller then the other tribesmen, so I'd imagine that he'd be stuck in some smaller then comfortable clothing while the women (and probably to Katara's dislike) hashed out some proper clothing for him.

At least, that's what I would imagine.

And I LOVE Tahnra's 'translation' of her reaction to Zuko. I didn't really see that first off, but now that you've mentioned it, I would love to actually know what Katara's daughter's dialouge is surrounding Zuko.

He is, quite warm. :D

BRAVO!

P.s. The amount of research you put into your stories shames your readers. If only we put as much effort into reading them as you did writing them; not that we (obviously) don't completely and utterly love and obsess over them ourselves.
WinterD chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Wow, this is great. It's such an interesting take on the idea of slaves in this world. I love the idea of a language barrier here, too. I'll definitely be watching this one.
Shay Durrow chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Yay, Zuko made a friend. :D

I don't think he should get his old clothes back-make him dress like watertribe or something. That should make him suitably uncomfortable. C:

Please continue!
Shay Durrow chapter 2 . 8/19/2009
Teehee; I just love how you describe Sokka.

And you really have a point: how is it that all four nations spread across the globe would have the exact same language anyways?

This story is making my day.
Shay Durrow chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Haha! This is awesome!

I usually don't review completed stories until I reach the end, but I want to boost your numbers and attract more readers, so I figure I'll do each chapter as I finish them.

This is seriously original; I can't wait to see what you do with it.
koyoote chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Hm...

Great story by the way. Absolutely love the ideas and potential floating in this plot.

Anyway, I'd vote for situational requirement for clothes. Obviously, he can't be seen as 'special' and given clothing when all other slaves are forced to wear loinclothes. I'm not sure Zuko would accept them if this were the case.

Maybe a seasonal storm arrives from the ocean and slaves are granted some Water Tribe clothing or something to that affect. A sick slave is a worthless slave after all. After that maybe Zuko will give up the shirt (have to keep the paint signifying his slave status right?) but stubbornly keep the pants.

Just an idea, but I think Zuko will eventually find himself some clothing. Loinclothes are great for submission and all, but there's always something attractive about a man in tight pants shirtless. .
Agitated Brains chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Very cool AU. But I wonder why Zuko hasn't used his bending or tried to escape yet, it seems a little ooc for him to just go along with everything without a fight.
AvocadoLove chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Why yes, Zuko is like a big ol' electric blanket... which a high probability of setting things on fire. :D

Anyway, I really liked this chapter, as usual. It amuses me to no ends that Zuko insists on having a stare-off to everyone he meets - including children - and then loses against Katara.

I noticed that you said the girl has grey eyes. Is she Aang's daughter? Surely Zuko didn't kill Aang? (Oh, the horrible irony!) But then again the boy has blue eyes, so maybe not.

As for clothing... Hmm... doesn't really matter one way or another to me, but I'm not sure why he'd be dressed different from any other slave. *G*
wonderlandbomb chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Your question is certainly a good one! Ahaha, I was surprised that the 'exotic slave' from your summary was actually Zuko! Keep going though, this is very good so far. :)
Separate-The-Earth chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Aww I wanna hug Zuko. xD

Awesome fic.
xyzisme chapter 3 . 8/19/2009
Give him his clothes back! He'll freeze otherwise. And Zuko killed Aang? Didn't they say in the first chapter that Sokka hated Katara's husband? Somehow he didn't seem dead.
1,979 | « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129 130 131 .. Last Next »