Reviews for Enslaved
Miaka Mouse chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
yay! there's more! i love where this is going... the language barrier is going to bring out some interesting situations methinks.. can't wait! please keep writing!
AvocadoLove chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
Hooray for laundry day!

What can I say about this chapter? I'm SO glad you decided to continue it. This one was just as clear and easy to read as the last one - again, you have a flair for writing clear details in what should be pretty hard to describe stuff.

I love how you have Sokka's voice rising and falling in a song-like cadence. How Zuko is forced to face the guy he knocked down, and the warrior just yells at him.

I was a little worried for a second when the warriors had everyone take off their clothes. But I'm so glad you didn't go THERE. In fact, other than the standard humiliation/kidnapping Zuko and the other captives have been treated rather well.

Anyway, I was just wondering. You showed Katara as waterbending, so can Zuko firebend? Or is this more of a real world scenario?

I really hope that you plan on continuing this. It's fascinating.
hj chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
This is pretty good so far. Sokka is written perfectly.
A Reader chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
A fun read. Very real.
Kesshichan chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
I love this! So refreshing and well written. I hope you continue this, I will be watching for updates _
zillacan chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
"Holy crap, more!"

This was AWESOME!

I don't think I've ever mention this, but I LOVE how you employ our world's history into the Avatar universe. I mean, obviously the creators of the show did the same thing; but I think people forget this. And you do such a good job on integrating their story back into our history rather then pushing our worlds customs and history into their universe... I don't know if that makes complete sense... but, you know.

Anyways, I know you're totally wrapped up with Catching Shadows, but I think it would be nice if you considered this as a short like... 3 shot or something. There's entirely too much humor to be had of learning a new language from the likes of Sokka while watching Zuko try to woo Katara with limited verbal communication and a heavy emphasis on body language. I can see that going very well! ;)

So yeah, "Holy crap, more!" ;D
Sunbattle chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
Luv it. :) Keep it up puleaze.
Glyth chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
A new chapter so fast. I love how cryptic everything is, giving enough fuel to fire up the curiousity. I can't wait to see what would happen next.
bluedahlia86 chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
This story is awesome. Your writing style is lovely, your pacing is excellent and really it is A all round. I can't wait to read more!
1K-P-L5 chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
loved it loved it loved it, so good you are continuing it

great chap

kisses

kat
aturnofthepage chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This is very refreshing, and interesting. I hope you continue this. I love that you have a trade language and that Zuko is going to have to have to learn about the Water Tribe's culture and language. We don't get enough Water Tribe culture, in fanfics or in the series. It'll be fun to see what you make of it. I'm also a little confused about what war is going on and katara's position in the tribe. I hope you continue this story. Best of luck.
Glyth chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Yes please, do continue! I too was expecting the usual Katara-slave fare but was surprised to find something new )
A. Lurker chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Fantastic work! I love this twist to a very cliched plot theme. It's delightfully refreshing and very well executed. You've really painted a fascinating alternative world with both the Water Tribe and the characters. (Had to grin at Sokka's interaction with Zuko at the end, especially when he said "Good Match". So gruff yet so Sokka! LOL!)

I sincerely hope you're inspired to continue this one day. This is definitely one story full of potential that's well worth delurking for! :)
Miluiel-Apsenniel chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
wow this is really cool, its like zutara meets pocahantas ...sorry i have no idea how to spell her name... but thats all i could picture once you mentioned the canoes and huts:) i cant wait for more!
Moussahijinx chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wow! This is a refreshing change to the 'capture' idea.

Really, really nice job! Hopefully you'll continue. :)
1,979 | « Prev Page 1 .. 121 128 129 130 131 132 Next »