Reviews for Enslaved
call us crazy chapter 35 . 6/29
(this should be for the next chapter but it won't let me post it there)

i just happily - no, delightedly - sacrificed 25% of my semester grade to spend a full 18 hours reading this story (give or take). oh please, please please let there be more...!
li chapter 36 . 6/28
hey i know its 2020 but this fic made me cry like 3 times and i dont even ship zutara

if u ever update i would be eternally grateful
saya chapter 36 . 6/22
I love this! I hope you find to time and peace to continue this lovely story
ravens.and.herons chapter 36 . 6/22
This is such a fantastic story. Excellent worldbuilding and excellent writing. I’m glad that the story seemingly ended on a happy note. I imagine an epilogue where Iroh brings tea to the waterbenders and vacations there for a few months every year.
Also the Sokka and Zuko bromance was everything. Not a lot of fic writers get it right and I just love that you wrote it the way you did. The amount of times I just grinned stupidly at this story—
I’m not saying you should post this on AO3 if you haven’t yet, but you should post this on AO3 if you haven’t yet.
Lisonette chapter 36 . 6/3
I just finished reading and I loved every part of your story! I could really feel all the passion you put through it, especially the interesting description of the Waterbenders's life. This is the first zutara fic I read, and now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna read every fic you wrote
jassmarie19 chapter 34 . 5/21
I think this is my third or fourth time reading this fic and every single time I’m just in awe of how good it is. In like every way. It’s not just the kind of fic I love to read, it’s the kind of fic—the kinda of story I aspire to write. It sticks with you for YEARS after you’ve finished it the first time and you just keep coming back to it over and over and over again.
lylapalooza chapter 36 . 5/15
Oh! I dont know if its the end or not ... All that time I saw the chapters count I thought we couldnt have Zuko and Iroh's reunion, and , well , even if its the unofficial end and its a bit abrupt, Im still happy about how it turned up , beautiful
Now Ill just have to imagine Iroh having an extended vacation there, charming the pants of the Water Tribe folks and being so proud of his nephew and his family :)
lylapalooza chapter 24 . 5/15
Your story is just so amazing... Even if I saw your fic in many many recs, I didnt expect to like a Slave! fic so much.

You are such a good writer.

I knew it already, as Im spell bounded since the beginning of that fic, but it surprised me when I teared up ... at the symbolic of canoe carving, of all things.

Since 24 chapters we learn of the Water Tribe through the practical day to day and some words and concepts, like Zuko in the foreign land.
When Aang translate and explain for him, I couldnt help but feel the relief and wonder , as Zuko would have , of finally understanding the depth, symbolic and spiritual aspects that were hidden from him, with the culture and language barrier. That something as practical as building a canoe could be heavy with meaning, that the silent carver could spin such poetry about his craft.

So he learn more about the Tribe, their customs, but also about those people that adopted him as their own.

Its beautiful, and the fact its working so well for me emotionally is especially because its happening so late in the story, how he learned to love the water tribe and its people empirically first. An understanding beyond words that transcend barriers.

I also teared up when he got freed, but that was expected XD
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 36 . 5/8
An absolutely superb story, thank you. I was sceptical at the premise, thinking it would be your typical UST filled romance, but this - the world-building, the characters - gave it real depth while being true to the series. I can only say that it is a pity you don't seem to intend to add anything to this, but it happens.
Ramrikai chapter 36 . 4/22
Oof. What a cliffhanger. And I'm still just as curious as Zuko about Moon Time.

This is an excellent culture study. The sheer volume of research and detail is astounding. Well done.
misspandalily chapter 36 . 4/19
My god I love this so so so much. You drew so much inspiration from so many cultures and it’s in such a respectful way as well. I especially loved the way you approached dialects and the complexities of language. And all the cameos! Aang touched my heart so much (as he always does) and I’m so curious to see how Iroh’s interaction with Zuko goes but it’s okay if you’re not going to update! Life is busy and I imagine Iroh’s going to fully take up life in the water tribe even if it’s just to visit. I love your work, all of it!
thewhiitelotus chapter 36 . 4/18
Damn, this is an amazing story. Just beautiful in every way. Putting it on the list of fics that i will re-read over and over again. I hope you come back eventually to update, but even if you don’t, this story will still be amazing. Thank you for sharing this fantastic story with us!
Sailor Angry chapter 36 . 4/12
You know that feeling where you think you’ve read all the really excellent long-form fics (with great characterization and storytelling and worldbuilding and different cultures) out there, but then one day you stumble upon a hidden gem and spend a whole day reading it? That. This. This is amazing. This is going in my absolute favorite folder, and I’m going to re-read it over and over.
There’s some people in the reviews pushing for an update, but tbh I’ve waited years for updates to my favorite fics before, and I can wait however long is needed. Take your time, and come back to it when you’re ready (or not at all if you don’t want to). We can wait and enjoy the immense gift you’ve given us in the meantime.
ricefarmer3542 chapter 36 . 4/3
damn you really left us on such a big cliffhanger, i can only hope that you revisit and finish the fic. definitely one of the most compelling and well written fics ive read! plz come back! :)
1,974 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »