Reviews for Nocturne
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
nice short story..., it was pretty sad about the musician work...but he was killing people like Sam said...good job
Just A Fan chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Fantastic! I always enjoy your work, you do such a wonderful job. _ I can't wait to see more of your work in the future!
TammiTam chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Nice! Great flashbacks too. Very compelling.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Wow. Very, very nice. I love the limp in all its detail and I love that in the end, Sam gets his time as the hero. All around, a very nice fic.
Frootkake Productions chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
This is well-written and you have a good grasp of the Winchesters! "Mr. Subtext" is definitely a classic line from now on lol.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I really liked what you did with this. The way you described the ghost, it was really sympathetic, yet you also showed that he really wasn't that good anymore and that the anger turned him beyond help. A very sad thing that even Sam could see and instead of trying to talk the ghost back and have him finally get the credit he deserved, all he could do was destroy him. Loved the limp Sam and the dreams of Jess. Very nicely done. And a little limp Dean in the process to have not only Dean get the glory of being an awesome brother. So two awesome brothers and to hurt brothers make one great story. Loved it. Hugs, Vonnie
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Oh, wow, what a build up to Sam’s accident, I had my heart in my mouth because I just knew something was going to happen… *Sam, focus, concentrate!* God, I felt that fall: every single step.

So sad how Sam sorta retreats into his memories of Jessica… It’s just really true to S2 Sam, grappling mentally with the whole evol destiny and taking refuge in his dreams of what he thought the rest of his life would be like before she was killed… it’s a really subtle way of implying that deep down he hadn’t wanted to return to hunting and I always sensed in S2 that he was deeply unhappy with his situation.

I love that Sam sneaks out to find Dean… seems like such a *Dean* thing to do!

What a great story! And a great backstory too, for the case itself. I felt sorry for Lee… for about two minutes, and then I thought, ‘if you can’t take it, don’t dish it out, douche!’ ;-)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Lately, one thing that has really piqued my interest is Sam and Jess's relationship. Canon hasn't told us much about they were as a couple and it's wide open for interpretation. I adored how you wrote Jess here, her little jokes and jibes at Sam and how he knocks them right back at her - very realistic couple behaviour. It very much reminded me of how Dean is with Sam and I liked that parallel, it really fits with the Jess that I have in my head. Having Sam flash back to her was a lovely idea, if a little bittersweet.

You always capture a very true essences of Sam and Dean’s relationship. Their worry over each other, how they take care of each other with small but meaningful gestures (Sam giving Dean his jacket) and not to mention the brotherly banter which was exceptionally awesome!

The case was well thought out and I liked the ups and downs of it - it's always more interesting when things don’t work out as planned and let's face it things rarely do for our Winchester's! I liked Marcus Lee, he was a well rounded and quite tragic character. I liked the shade of grey in his personality, the show is always fond of using it and it worked well here, having Sam doubt his actions for just a moment before he realises that the spirit is too far gone. I would have liked Marcus’s talent to be known but sadly happy endings aren’t always possible for everybody.

I very much enjoyed this, a very entertaining read! I noticed you’ve posted Puppet master so as soon as I get the chance I’ll give it a read - I’m excited already! Thanks for sharing take care, Abbi.x
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Really awesome story, thanks a lot :)Loved the bits with Jess, and also your outlook (however bleak, at times) on how hard it is to make it as a musician. It's extremely competitive, although I should hope no one in my department would try to break my fingers :p Definitely showed off Sam's awesomeness, with him saving Dean. Also enjoyed the towel obsession. Well done!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Really well done! Good h/c-on both parts-good story, interesting and creative MotW. I especially loved Sam falling asleep all the time in the middle of their conversations. And I actually felt sorry for Marcus, especially at the end. Maybe the writer in me that hates the thought of a creative work being gone for good. Anyway, very enjoyable read.
zuimar chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Great one-shot! I felt really sorry for the ghost, he really got to me. But it's like Sam said: he was too far gone.

Got an alert for your sequel to Bridging two solitudes, exciting!
Starrylizard chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
That was lovely! Fabulous whumpage, great pacing and an interesting case. Thanks for the enjoyable read! Summer_Sam_Love is the best thing ever! :)

P.S. You have anonymous comments turned off. Considering, people may be coming over from LJ, you might get more comments if you turned it on for a bit.
skag trendy chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Ah you have indeed surpassed yourself my darling. I love the Phantom of the Opera style theme to this fic; having been trained in classical music as a youngster, it certainly (ahem) hit all the right notes with me! (Did that one make you wince?)

One of the instruments I learned to play was a violin, so as you can imagine I grimaced somewhat when Dean set light to it. But when Sam burned the manuscript I nearly cried.

I felt so sorry for Marcus, and my first thought was 'No Sam! Use it to prove the work was his' but Sam did have a valid point. Marcus was too far gone by then.

Loved the flashbacks to Sam's time with Jess - very bittersweet.

Dean's snarkiness, and the over all brotherly bickering was spot on as always.

And Dean in a veggie restaurant? (snorts!)

Wonderful story mate. Loved it from start to finish.

Kind regards,

ST x
TraSan chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
There were so many great things in this fic I'm not sure where to begin!

Geeky Sam, Big bro Dean, the banter - and that just gets us started.

Then of course, you whumped m'boy. :)

Despite Sam's head injury, I still laughed when Dean was quizzing him in the hospital. So Dean!

Dean reading through Sam's notes (and his thoughts while doing so) - Awesome!

Then our intrepid big bro tries to get rid of the spirit on his own and meets trouble (of course, it's Dean). :)

I love that Sammy paused for just a second before destroying the song and his reasons why, but that you had him burn the music. The needs of the many...

Awesome that Sam was able to finish the hunt and I do love the bi-bro whumpage. Your love of both brothers shines through, as usual, Sculls.

Woo Hoo!
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
This was so awesome! A wonderful case file with lots of mystery- I love mystery! And you wrote the boys so well- you have their voices down. Throw in some limp but awesome Sam- and you have such a wonderful story! :0) Gidget
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »