Reviews for Nocturne
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Great fic! Glad you did the challenge and wrote for this prompt. The case was well done and I really loved getting a little insight into Sam & Jess's lives together. That's one thing we haven't learned much about on the show. Also, I could really relate to Sam & his head injury stay in the hospital after my incident two weeks ago, lol. Read as accurate to me.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Oh. Really looking forward to the next fic. :D Woohoo!

This one was awesome. I loved everything about it. Adding dreams of Jess as a way for Sam to remember some things he needed was inspired. Hurt!Sammy and hurt!Dean...doesn't get much better than that. *sigh*

Great fic! :)
Angel Spirit chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Ahh...the season 02 glory of hurt/comfort! Poor Sammy and his tumble down the stairs...*winces* that really had to have hurt...Sammy was right to say 'ouch'. Heh. I loved the memory that you put in with him and Jess to tie it into the music themed fic-it was well placed and written beautifully and a nice little glimpse of some of the life that Sam had with Jess at Stanford. Big brother Dean was fantastic in getting to Sam as fast as he could and sticking with him...I had to laugh at the part where he found Tia's phone number, LOL! I wonder if he ever went back to get that gun that he kicked under the radiator?

For some odd reason, picturing Dean watching Shrek made me smile. I think that he'd make constant fun of it throughout the movie...and comparing Sam to the cat...I could just picture Sam's reaction to that one! Somehow, I don't think Sam'll let Dean get away with that anytime soon!
jenilee chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
The description of Sam’s tumble down the stairs had me holding my breath.

Your Jess is awesome. No wonder Sam loves her so much. They are wonderful together. I loved the whole part where they were dressing for the recital.

I felt bad for Marcus. It’s too bad his symphony hadn’t been discovered before he had too many years for the anger to build up. I wondered when Sam paused in the burning if it was too late to give Marcus peace by proving his work was stolen. I agree though, Marcus was way past reason. Sad. I like that you don’t take the easy way out with these decisions. Maybe if it had been years sooner it could have had happier ending for him.

I love the ease between the boys in your stories. They always “fit”. Whether they’re arguing or teasing they never feel forced in their conversations or actions. Very nicely done and on top of that a really interesting case. Super story Sculls.
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Oh man. I cannot describe how much I love this story. Truly, this is amazing. :D Or Sparta. Whichever is more epic.
YED chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I dont usually read fic for SPN because I find that most authors have trouble with characterization. To my wonderful surprise, I stumbled across your gold mine of a story. You have a real gift for description, and your depiction of Sam and Dean made me smile. A fantastic job!
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
this is great!
CDNGIRL chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I love the equal opportunity whumpage! Very nicely written! Thanks for sharing.
Ghost4 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Hey-

over from the summer of sam love, and have to say, this was really really good. The touches of sam's past were a nice bittersweet tone to the drive of the hunt. and dean was awesome too. ;)

good portrayal of the brotherhood, which makes for a wonderful Supernatural fic.

Thanks for sharing.

~ghost
Merisha chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Aw Sculls :D - two concussed boys, plenty of action and humor :D - you sure know how to make my day LOL :D - wonderful story as always :D

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
CB Walters chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Nice job, once again. I was trying to pinpoint what it is about your style that I enjoy so much, and I think it's that your characterizations are so spot on. I think a lot of times, fanfic writers get pulled into writing something they wish a character might say or do rather than what they already are. I like your Winchesters; they're no-nonsense, and they rarely say what they're actually thinking. It's left to the reader to figure that out, just like in the canon. I enjoyed the brief snatches into Sam's time at Stanford, and thought it was sort of sad and tender that his subconscious automatically reverts to Jessica.

I enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to your new multi-chap. Happy writing!

-CB
My heart beats only for you chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Loved this! :) Awesome job
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
You did a wonderful job of capturing the brothers and their voices.

I could picture the different scenes and moves that Dean and Sam made just like I was watching an episode.

I like how this takes place after "BUABS" - I'm sure Dean would worry if he couldn't get a hold of Sam. Nice how he stopped being irritated just because he was worried and focused on food and getting Sam a new phone. (Sam does go through a lot of phones.)

Dean and Sam talking on the phone - Dean running to get to Sam, perfect brother moment. Always love to see big brother in action.

Sam waking up confused in the hospital. Love how Dean stayed by his side. Also cute that Dean wasn't even trying and he still got a girl's number.

I really appreciate how you write Dean as someone smart too. Sam may have done six hours of research, but Dean had to review Sam's papers in between Sam waking up from his dreams about Jessica, though it sounds like that memory was also ended up helping with the case.

I could see Dean leaving the hospital to finish the hunt, the ghost hurt Sam. But had to smile when the doctor returned to check on Sam and he was gone. For some reason my next thought was, now the screen goes black and the show goes to a commercial break, than picks up again with Sam looking for Dean.

Excellent ending, the brothers finishing the hunt together, both injuried, but together.

Thanks for sharing another story with us. I enjoyed reading it.

Take care.
Jensenite42 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
That was exactly what I was looking for. A great read and loved the equal opportunity whumpage.

Thanks for sharing!
Rat chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Great story, it was fun to read!
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »