Reviews for Nocturne
futuregypsy chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Loved it!
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Loved the story. I liked the memories of events lived with Jess being used to push Sam's missing memories to the forefront. Interesting ghost as well. Thanks.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I was thrilled to see you had posted a story. I loved it. How refreshing to read something from season 2, before the crossroad deals and the introduction of angels. Your characterization of the boys was perfect, but that's no surprise!

P.S. I can't wait to start reading the sequel to Bridging Two Solitudes. It is one of my favorite stories.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Where do I begin? You had me at "whumpage"? *g*

There is nothing like a solidly crafted casefic with clever in-character banter! Just what we needed this hiatus to pass the time until the new season starts!

It was a pleasure to wallow in the season-2 pool again, when the boys trusted each other and supported each other and worked as a team. You capture their bond so well, and your plots always read just like an episode!

A 76 trombone salute to you!
Von chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This was very sweet. :D

I felt sorry that the ghost couldn't be vinidicated in death as well.
carocali chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
There is so much to love in this piece! You always capture the boy's voices so well! Even your OC's are awesome:

"Breathing heavily, Dean ran up the steps and yanked open the

door in time to see the guy shake his head as he spoke into the phone.

“Not a clue, man. We were just leaving, heard this loud noise and found the guy out cold, doing some heavy duty bleeding. You need to get your paramedic asses over here and help him.”"

Then you do this brilliant tie with a head injury from Sam's past that makes us all squirm just a little, wondering where our Sammy is:

“Look, I know it’s a pain, but you know the drill. Doc says we’ve gotta go through this every time you wake up for the next few hours. You wanna sit up before we go on?”

Sam nodded, and Dean pressed the button to raise the head of the bed.

“Okay, back to basics: you know who you are?”

Sam rolled his eyes. “Course.”

“I usually call you Sam, but whatever. What about me?”

“Jerk.”

Dean smiled at that one, but Sam scowled as he took in the sling immobilizing his left arm, then winced as the fingers of his right hand found the bandage on his forehead. “What the hell happened to me?”

Dean gently grabbed his hand and pulled it away from his head. “You tell me.”

Sam screwed his eyes closed as he searched jumbled memories for the answer. “I, um, walked into a door frame at the restaurant with Jess.”

Dean froze, fighting hard to hide icy panic behind a calm veneer.

“No…wait, that was while I was at Stanford.” Sam looked up at Dean and frowned. “We’re in Norfolk, hunting a spirit, right?”

Phew!

It's always wonderful to see a story from you! Thanks so much for sharing!

:D

Caroline
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Concussed Sam to the rescue!

What a neat case fic! I love all the details...the library, the ghost himself, Sam slipping off to sleep during his fact-checks with Dean, the flashbacks to Jess (and heck, yes, her towel theory would have been PROVEN, no doubt). And I ADORE the banter! :)
catchme21 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Hahaha...I have the same reaction every time I see an alert from you in my email..."Yes!"

Lol I really enjoyed it! I really miss the simple hunt fics now though, so that's not too surprising. And as always you gave your ghost a life, made him real, and the boys' need to destroy him even more real.

Plus the brother relationship was there...which I do believe we'll get back in the upcoming season. :)

Awesome job! Looking forward to your new multi-chapter, esp since Bridging is one of my faves. :)
Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wow! That had the feel of a multi-chapter all wrapped up n a one shot. You had a neat plot, fleshed out OC's, bit of back story, flashbacks and double whumpage. Nice. Congrats.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Loved it!
Lady Lestat chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I thought you wrote the brothers very well. I'm always up for a bit of Sam in peril and Dean being the rescuer/comforter, and this definitely delivered that. I'm looking forward to reading anything else you write :) xox
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
A good story that had a fair share of whumping and comfort. Wish Marcus Lee could have had a different ending but he had gone too far by the time Sam and Dean got to him. I look forward to your next story. Thank You.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Whether it's a one shot or an amazing multi-chapter, your stories are always amazing. Loved this. it was complicated and completely simple all at once. Great work and thanks for sharing. I loved BTS and I'll be looking forward to that sequel!
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Enjoyed, thank you :-)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This was awesome. Loved, loved, loved the bi-bro hurt/comfort. And one of the best lines was Dean teasing Sam that he looked like the cat in Shrek. ROFL
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4