Reviews for Just You and Me
lovemya2000 chapter 20 . 2/9
Lupin Is My Favorite Character But I Can't Believe He's Being This Stupid. Thousands Dead And It's Not Time For The Order, Really, Wow
lovemya2000 chapter 17 . 2/6
lovemya2000 chapter 9 . 2/6
Wow Harry Was As Scarily Charming As Tom Riddle. Nice Comparison
ssbmZhouster chapter 21 . 2/6
Decided to come back and reread this after a couple years. It was just as good if not better this time around, and I'm disappointed in the lack of update. You've most likely moved on with your life and left this facet behind, but if there's any chance you read this, at least give us some closure on Harry and Ginny's cliffhanging relationship! About time Harry got his head out of his ass and is the one hanging on
A canon shipper chapter 21 . 1/6
Aw come on, please update this! Now that Ginny has Luna, who's asking her to be friends with Harry again, I want to see Harry and Ginny become friends again! Maybe he'll ask her to the Yule Ball now that he knows how he feels about her (earlier on than in-canon), and she'll be the "something he'll sorely miss" in the Second Task. Maybe Harry will somehow kill Voldie-shorts at the end of his fourth year? (I know, the Horcruxes, but hey, it's fanfiction so anything's possible) Please update!
stars90 chapter 21 . 10/24/2014
You're doing great! The story is well-thought out and well-written. Keep it up!
Talgat chapter 15 . 9/12/2014
Meh, pedo Voldy ruined a good story.
ByteHoarder chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I just have to say, although your writing is utterly excellent (it's seriously of a caliber I don't usually expect on ), your story frustrated the hell out of me. It got to the point where I was debating not simply closing the tab and making up a better ending in my head so that it wouldn't plague me in the moments I wasn't reading it. It started off well (as more than one reviewer has noted), with a lovely lighthearted air that was similar to the actual books while being refreshingly different enough to keep me hooked. Many of the moments of interaction you had with Harry and Ginny were just too touching for words, and it was a great slow build up to their (should I even say it, having read up to the last posted chapter?) 'eventual' relationship.

I was especially thrilled reading about a more intelligent Harry. That was one of the major high points of the story, as you wrote it superbly, with Harry making great strides in uncovering mysteries without having him seem completely out of character or like he was simply having clues handed to him. After that, however, your story seems to have taken my heart on a rollercoaster. It has twists and turns, certainly, but it never seems to pitch anywhere but down. It just seems to get darker and darker. Even during the second year arc, you had me chewing my nails in worry for Ginny, only to have that arc resolved... BUT WAIT IT ISN'T REALLY. That was more frustrating than anything. There were no upsides or lighthearted moments, and it made me want to bang my head against the keyboard, the wall, or any nearby sufficiently hard surface. It's just all dark, dark, dark. There's no humor, little romance, and nothing even remotely redeeming. You focused the entire story on Harry and Ginny's relationship (almost to the exclusion of all other character interactions) and then just seemed to pull the rug out from under the reader (a very annoyed me, in this scenario) at every opportunity.

So, we finally have Harry admit that he has feelings for Ginny? Oh yay, he doesn't do a damn thing about it (he doesn't even talk to Sirius). Then we have Ginny building up her feelings for Harry, only to start stamping on them with big, thick, muddy boots. For Christ's sake, we even have Sirius betray Ginny's confidence a little to get Harry to do something, and he does bugger all. We don't even get to have a very good character monologue about his thoughts regarding the matter. Worst of all, you've been building up to their kiss for almost a third of the story, FINALLY had them kiss, only for Ginny to run off back into the arms of Riddle. It's almost like you've decided that absolutely nothing can go right for them, and at this point it seems like they aren't going to get together (even rekindle their friendship) until the very damn end of the story (something, I must tell you, that does not at all endear me to a story that, from the description, is supposed to be all about said relationship) — if EVER.

That's another thing that annoys me about the story. All of the characters are just so thickheaded when it comes to interacting with each other. It's almost like they want bad things to happen. Harry concerned for Ginny, but he does basically nothing about it. Snape damn well KNOWS about the fact that Ginny's is close to being possessed again, and he tells no one, and also does basically nothing about it. Ron and Hermione almost may as well not be in the story at all, as they have so little 'screentime' that they're static characters that exist only to further and exacerbate the Harry/Ginny drama and angst. You'd think that they'd be a little more concerned about the lives and relationship of their two closest friends, but they only pop in occasionally to make a minor plot point. I could have probably forgiven you this if maybe you had some focus on other areas (like the Harry/Sirius relationship, which you would think would be more prominent given that he's actually free), as well as provided some resolution for many of the plot arcs. But there wasn't, or if there was it only brought up two new dramas in its place. Many of your horror/nightmare arcs just drag on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, they are excellently written, but there are no bright spots anywhere. You even practically dissolved the one relationship you focused on.

At this point it really seems to be a story focused on Ginny doing who-knows-what and slowly succumbing to whatever awful scheme Riddle has for her, all while Harry just stands around limp-wristed and watches it happen. Even before I was part-way through the Ginny/Riddle arc I was only anxious to see the mystery resolved only to see what new and darker turn this story would take. It's almost like all the other story arcs (including what one would think to be the main plot) are subverted and ruled over in favor of continuing Ginny's slow and ineluctable decline, something which does not make for happy reading. By the time I got to Chapter 21 I really couldn't care what the hell was going on because every time something 'good' happened it turned out instead to just make things worse and stomp all over whatever feelings I had invested in this story.

I'm sorry if this sounds excessively harsh, but I do think it needed to be said. Maybe I'm just not made of the stern stuff needed to have a story you are emotionally invested in stomp on you again and again, but I simply found all this excessively troubling. I'm not sure how much this even matters, seeing as the story hasn't been updated in more than two years, but if you do come across this review I would hope you take some of what I've said to heart for whatever story you write next. To be honest, I've rather given up hope on this story having anything resembling a satisfying and/or happy resolve. It's quite a pity, I think, because, as I have said before, the writing truly is excellent. If you had continued the way you were up to about part-way through second-year I could have continued reading this story a very happy camper. As it is, I find myself instead imagining an alternate plot that more than satisfies the expectations I had for this story.

To potential readers, if I haven't already spoiled too much, be warned. The writing of this story and it's plot is most fantastic. Really, you would be hard pressed to find a better one on this website. However, I warn you to not become too emotionally invested in the story or the characters if you are not prepared to have whatever hopes you had for the inter-character development crushed. At the time of writing this review (last posted chapter 21), and after an amount of writing more than most novels, Harry and Ginny are not romantically involved, and that doesn't seem as if it will change anytime soon in the story (my bet would be not sooner than the end of fourth-year, and more likely fifth or sixth, assuming at all and if something truly horrific doesn't happen, which wouldn't be unprecedented), assuming it is updated at all (which seems unlikely at this point). It is a story that seems too slow in some places and too fast in others, and it seems to rarely achieve a good balance between the two. Be warned too that any fluff (such small amounts as there was) is quickly quashed, and you could very likely find yourself flicking from chapter to chapter in the hopes of finding at least some small resolution (as I found myself).

I wish the author luck for the future, as, while the story telling is more than adequate and the writing intriguing, there very clearly needs to be some improvement in the way the story is set out. With that, I find myself closing what started as a promising story, and wish others more enjoyment from it than I found.
Guest chapter 20 . 4/21/2014
again stupid premise
Guest chapter 19 . 4/21/2014
you lost me Ginny going dark? well it is fiction but thats just stupid, for that matter Harry will worst since he still a Horcrux, while Ginny was just possed. Hence stupid premise.
Stads02 chapter 21 . 1/23/2014
i was happily reading this story, dreading for... 'that moment' to come along... then it did... the terrible 'last chapter published' moment. there was no "next" button to press. no chapter 22.
so please update it! and soon! and i really hope that Ginny and Harry FINALLY become friends. not even anything else. just friends. because whatever's happening to her with Riddle is killing me.
update soon!
pleurocoelus chapter 18 . 11/12/2013
This is a fascinating story so far. I see that you've responded to an anonymous reviewer who said that Ginny was being a Mary Sue. I really don't know where that reviewer pulled that assessment out of. Not knowing this person I can't say for sure, but that expression parenthesis that Ginny is a Mary Sue) is very common among Ginnybashers. They complain that the Canon Ginny is that and then they love to troll other people's stories and make that same complaint on the reviews without any real evidence. Again, I don't know this person and so I can't say for sure. It's just an observation.

Re Tom Riddle as a pedo. I've never seen this before, but it works here. I usually consider him to be asexual - lusting only for power. I have seen Lockhart written that way, though.
nayin17 chapter 12 . 10/5/2013
Harry is soooooo sweet
ladymirth chapter 5 . 5/1/2013
This story would be so much better if you wrote Ron less gormless and didn't keep putting him down to make Ginny look better. Also in the books Hermione hadn't a clue what "Mudblood" meant and didn't give a damn when she did because the non-Steve Klovesified Hermione is awesome like that.
FreelanceBum chapter 14 . 3/26/2013
Blackie from the Girl who gave the name Pigwidgeon to a tiny owl?