Reviews for Taking Control
ccase13 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
The boys were really lucky that John never lost himself completely in the bottle. John's hunting did give them preparation for fighting Azazel and it brought them Bobby Singer.
Tellhound chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Aww. I liked it. I'm glad that John decided to quit drinking. Keep upthe good work.

TTH
sholot chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
good boy, john. we don't want you turning out like max's dad or anything. mary's boys deserve a good dad after all.

nice work, thanks for sharing!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
great
Twinchy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Awesome portrait of John's, Sammygirl! Truly a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

I'm sure a scene like this happened - and in all honesty, probably more than once, especially when the pain was still so strong during the first few years.

John wasn't really a bad father, he was simply a broken man after losing his wife, and helplessly overtaxed with caring for his two young sons (one of which was traumatized by the events himself).
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
wow that was so sad, so emotional. Great drabble! Welcome back!
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
John did have moments where he was a good father...

They just became fewer as Dean became the main parent.
Mad Server chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Good choice, John!
RedDragen chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Jean,

I loved this short story, I hope you write more to it though
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Could well imagine that happening in the aftermath of Mary's death and John finding it difficult to cope. The only thing that would have grounded him and stopped him drinking was his boys.
Impaladreams chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Good to see John's strength returning when he realizes what's most important to him...A lovely drabble, as always. Hope you're feeling better now too!

Jane x
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
that was amazing! it makes me like john. so awesome! WRITE ON!
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wonderful drabble. I'm glad that John realized what his drinking was doing before one of his kids got hurt.
spnMom chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Great drabble... Thanks. We all know that John probably resorted to alcohol in the early days. Putting it away for a little while was probably the only way they could survive.
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Really great job. I'd like to think this could have happened or did even. Especially with the way they were raised. I'm glad John came to his senses and realized he could and most likely would have the lost the only two things that kept him going. Fantastic!

Xoxo,