Reviews for A Frenchman, a Brit, an American and a Pole
PuffinLove chapter 3 . 7/19/2013
Poland is so fabulous! He can get back at them double!
Fueled by Earl Grey chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
As a 2nd generation American with pretty much my entire family coming from Poland, I actually kind of found this hilarious.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I resently read "Jizzy and Mable" by CoffeeMagiCookieTree (chapter 11) and basically it's a bunch of blonde jokes (super funny btw) and now I'm in love with finding a bunch more stories on jokes and im loving' it
(BTW check out "Jizzy and Mable" it's PRUCAN! Oh and I love this story XD (poor stupid Poland) no offence poland…•_•
Agafa Shelly chapter 3 . 6/25/2012
Okay,so then this story is a bit right with the characters,the settings,and straight to the ,the whole concept of "Telling a hurtful Joke" is a bit off for this kind of series.
Kristb2604 chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
It's the same jokes that norwegians use for swedes

Swedes for danes

danes for norwegians
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
Great chapter. It's good to see Poland turning the tables on them to show them just how much it hurts. It's good to see that they all apologized and became friends again.

Canada is too cute here, suggesting they patch things up with ice cream. It's also nice that you added him as an extra character in which you subtly show he knows how it feels to be the butt of a joke.

Good work with this story. It was a good read and had a nice message.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 2 . 2/22/2012
Great chapter. It's sweet to see Lithuania there to offer comfort to Poland. That's just what he needed to cheer him up. What will happen next? Good work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Poor Poland. Those meanies making him cry. Good, they should feel guilty for hurting his feelings. Nice job with this chapter.
Luigi1997 chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
I know it's mean but those jokes were hilarious XD! I couldn't stop laughing XD WIN
LeihuNausChib chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Porandooooo~ D: Don't cry!
Lopsided Girly Gurl chapter 3 . 12/21/2010
Ethnic jokes do hurt. I hear jokes all the time about Americans, and it's painful to know that some people believe them.

I loved the story by the way.

We (Americans) are technically European and Asian

And stuff too cause of all our immigrints. So, why make fun of us...when technically...you are also making fun of yourself?

He that would make a good story! (I might not use it though)
hopefulhorrible chapter 3 . 12/3/2010
This is a cute story. A thought, though: it's more than the jokes, and contexts matter. Hetalia is, arguably, one gigantic ethnic joke. I mean, telling ethnic jokes about your *own* ethnicity can be self-deprecation or reclamation of hurtful stereotypes/ideas. Likewise, there are ways of making light of sensitive topics that don't make light of people's suffering - canon!Germany comes to mind here. Fundamentally, it's about whether the humor is about connecting people, brighting messy situations, or about mocking people who are Other or reifying (strengthening, ideologically) systems of power and prejudice. That's the huge, huge difference between lesbians using the term "dyke," black Americans reclaiming the "n" word, and kids in Hebrew School telling each other jokes about Jews versus non-members of the minority involved using that sort of language. Words stained by blood carry more weight than words that don't - which is part of why attacks on Poland's character by stronger nations (nations that let Russia control him) are such a big deal, and why defamation previously associated with actual racial violence is a graver concern than language without such baggage. The latter, in my mind, includes jokes on the themes of America's weight and intelligence, while mocking French soldiers who fought and died for their country is fundamentally more serious.
aile-chan chapter 3 . 10/25/2010
It is really bad when people get racist huh?Luckily you weren't writing anything Asian... or the person next to me would've been really hurt...
Cacow chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Aw, poor Poland! You are so right about ethical/racial jokes! I'm really want to know how this turns out!
15animefreak15 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
It's so true. I'm Polish, and I've heard plenty of those myself about how stupid Polish people are. Or how evil Germans are. Or how hot-tempered the Irish are.

Yes, like all jokes, they can make you laugh... but they hurt those they're directed at. Thanks for writing this and helping to show just how much it can hurt, and how much damage it can do. I appreciate it thoroughly, as a Pole. :)