Reviews for Hikari no Yami no Game
Dark Pki chapter 15 . 8/4
Dark Pki: when I grow up I want to stab someone!
Bakura: why wait
*gives me a knife*
Bakura: go stab sombody
*i run to the closest person I find.*
Person: the pain!
Bakura and me: stabing people yay!
Dark Pki chapter 10 . 8/4
Dark Pki:0.o
Bakura: that bastard!
Goood job keep writing
Dark Pki chapter 7 . 8/4
Dark Pki: a cliff hanger serously?
Bakura: this makes me inpatient how long till I find ryou?
Ryou: Bakura help he kissed me!
Akifila: yes I did how do you feel?
Bakura: you bastard!
Ryou: help me Bakura *starts crying*
Bakura: I'm comming ryou!
Dark Pki: oh my ra the battle of themselves!
All three bakura's: was that nessary?
Dark Pki: you know it was. .
Dark Pki chapter 6 . 8/4
*sings* you gotta kiss the boy.*stops* hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaha ahh that was worth it.
Bakura: Your really funny
Dark Pki: I know that was sarcastic!
*Punches bakura*
Bakura: thank you so much that was enjoyable.
Yugi: this book is super speshal awsome!
Bakura: shut the fuck up yugi!
Dark Pki: umm guys please calm down.
Bakura: no I'm sick and tired of yugis catch phrase.
Dark Pki: but this is pritty good.
Bakura: I soppouse.
Melvin: it's so good I might kill somebody.
Dark Pki: it's not might you will and tea will be the first.
Tea: what!?
Dark Pki chapter 2 . 8/4
Stuff happens *laughing* and you did mariks personality perfectly. Good job!
Dark Pki chapter 1 . 8/4
I looooooove this. So much romance, even though I'm evil. I like it keep going. Gosh this should be a real book.
Kimnd chapter 21 . 7/15
Wow. This actually explains why Marik knows a "secret ability" for Raa that Malik didn't know. HEADCANNON ACCEPTED.
Kimnd chapter 19 . 7/14
Man, this chapter is super dramatic in the beginning what with the death and so-and-so being sad, but then Melvin UH I MEAN MARIK comes in and practically chokes Malik and everything is hilarious.
'Course, that might've been because I kept hearing his lines in his Abridged voice.
Just a hunch.
Kimnd chapter 17 . 7/14
"Every minion I have sent to deal with you has betrayed me." HA. Ryou can't contain his sexiness. If only he could wield his powers...
I don't believe I've written a terribly extensive review yet, and after sticking with this story I should probably give you a full opinion.
I find this story to be pretty engaging on the whole, hence the reason I've read it for so many chapters. I just enjoy how all this complex shit is interacting- it reminds me of the last part of the Chimera Ants Arc from Hunter X Hunter. Stories with a f**k ton of characters all interacting in different scenarios which affect one another, like this one, gives me this feeling of "HOLYSHITLETSGOEVERYBODYSDYING" that really doesn't show up in many other kinds of stories. This story absolutely manages to capture that.
As for things that could use improvement, I've noticed quite a few apostrophe misuses or minor word omissions here and there. I'm used to it, but it's still a bit disappointing when all it would've taken was to capture a civilian and force them to read it at gunpoint and point out the grammar errors.
As i said earlier, there's a lot to the story, which makes it harder to criticize. The threads and characters that all interact throughout this story surprised me in that they weren't confusing, and I could understand who was doing what, where, and why. However, I did find it odd that there was so little for the people actually from Ancient Egypt to do. I don't know anything about the ancient counterparts to the main characters beyond that the exist and their Millennial Items, so I was kind of surprised that this story didn't involve them much. Well, actually that's not true... I meant, it makes sense in that this isn't really about the ancient Egypt people. In the original episode, (I've heard on the grapevine that) Phil goes into his memories alone, so the focus is on him and also the people that he meets. Here, essentially everybody is put into the past, so this is just a new setting for our characters. So it makes sense for the people who actually live here to be sidelined. But the fact that you're sidelining so many characters that are there feels... forced? When they are mentioned, it feels like we're talking about them because we have to, rather than it coming naturally from the characters.
Crap, that's a loooot of words... Sorry! I'd better wrap up. In short, this story is at its best when focusing on the main characters and how they decide to deal with the villain. And with that, I think I've talked your ear off enough! Thanks for reading if you did. Sorry if you didn't, that was my bad.
Kimnd chapter 12 . 7/14
Geze, poor Ryou. He doesn't get to do very much. Basically boils down to "sit there and look as pathetic as possible." Although it does seem like he might have a bigger role later on,
Also, are the player characters able to materialize any other modern objects? Because my first instinct would be to materialize an iPod and show all the ancient Egyptians how to sing Bananaphone.
Akayuki Novak chapter 24 . 5/8
...I need to find that sequel. Oh my gosh, I love this fic to bits!
SashaPayne56 chapter 13 . 8/5/2014
That flying eyeball thing you mwntiones sounds like something from the Lord Of The Rings haha
Guest chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
DaBusDriva09 chapter 6 . 3/9/2014
Four Bakuras? This is more confusing that the actual series. This is like reading 4-Swords fanfiction all over again.