Reviews for Little Slugger
redsnapdragon chapter 12 . 9/18/2010
Oh, those last two sentences kicked me in the gut a little. I have no love lost for an abandoning Renee, but how sad. Growing up is not easy. I've enjoyed reading your story, thanks also to SunKing for the rec. I look forward to discovering more about Edward's past as well. I hope these two can get to know each other further. Thanks for writing.
Anonymous chapter 12 . 9/4/2010
Really good chapter, but seriously, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! Update already! Please?
Justine Lark chapter 2 . 9/3/2010
Hmm, for whatever reason I didn't expect Bella to be a coworker. What is she doing in that awful job? So it's been four months and she had never spoken to him before? Never tried to chat, just observed him? That seems a bit strange.

The customer complaints were funny!
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Saw this as an Under the Radar fic at the Twilight Awards. It looks interesting and I like that the story is not destined for the same lemon territory as so many other fics.

I love how you have Alice & Jasper in the story! I am not crazy about some of the metaphors, but you said the rest will not be as drunk and dreamy, so I'll give it a chance.
lanamoosh chapter 12 . 8/15/2010
Please say there will be more!

Anxiously awaiting, L
Jess110426 chapter 12 . 8/4/2010
I'm just loving this story. I like how B is still small and shy but what I love more is that E is even smaller.

I would love to read your chapter about E as a child, but I can't seem to find it... when going to FGB, and going to your page, there is nothing there. am I too late?

well I am looking forward to whatever I can get out of this story. I'm actually hooked.
venis-envy chapter 12 . 7/22/2010
CRAAAAP. I fully intended to buy this outtake, & even worked it into my budget to do right away. Then my AC broke in my car & I just sort of let it slip. So sad.

I loved this little peek into Bella's childhood. Everything seemed exactly the way a 10 year old would see it. The mole. Omg, did I ever laugh my ass off at all that. I had a teacher with a wandering left eye when I was 11, & boy do I remember mine always traveling to that one of their own volition. It was like a magnet.

I love charlie, by the way. His reaction, from telling her off to savoring that tiny bit of contact, so

perfect.
venis-envy chapter 11 . 7/22/2010
"I love losing!" Yeah, that totally reminded me of me. I also pick my bowling balls by way of the "pretty" scale.

What a great first date they had, though I'd definitely be calling in to work. Especially after a half glass of breakfast wine and girl talk.

Remember that drunk night you told me you weren't guaranteeing an HEA? Yeah, that still makes me sad.
venis-envy chapter 10 . 7/22/2010
I've been 7 shades of faily when it comes to keeping up, but here I am. And honestly, it's like picking up the phone & talking with an old friend. You worry that it'll be awkward & that you've let it slip for too long, but once you're there, it's just right & everything fits.

I love this story so much. The awkwardness between them is so cute and real. Every word of it is perfect. I think scoo is a lucky kid. It seems everything you touch is pure art, and I'm sure he's a total work of awesomeness because of you.

I love how Bella mentions here that growing up is dangerous & must be avoided at all costs. So very true.

Also, "If only anything were actually that simple," he said sadly... I absolutely loved that whole conversation. So very perfect (especially Bella's memories of her "why" questions to Charlie - which, btw, made me tear up a bit) but this part was an extra special connection to you because of the words "Said Sadly." I read that and instantly went to Smashing Pumpkins. I had to shake my head & laugh, wondering if I was the

only one that would... Then I remembered you probably did too.
P. Fitzherbert chapter 12 . 7/6/2010
Kia Ora!

Mint story you got goin' on here. I love ya cute Bella, she's my idol! ;) I dig yow aloof Eddy, he's cool beans, wonder what's with him ae? :D

Anyway keep up the coolness and i'll keep an eye on me inbox for the story alert!

Peace out!
Alverdine chapter 12 . 7/4/2010
What a stunning peek in to Bella's past. Her fascination with Edward makes much more sense now. She's a dreamer with a vast imagination and in many ways a perfectionist. She's building a pyramid all over again, and I wonder when this one will crash down.

Will we get a backstory for Edward, too?

As always I'm enamorated with your words. This whole story is poetry, and I love it more with every chapter you share. :)

Thank you.
amg98 chapter 12 . 7/3/2010
Loved the insight into Bella's life. Thanks for sharing your story. Looking forward to Edward's turn. Although, I feel he has a sadder story to tell.
FenixMJR chapter 12 . 7/3/2010
loved the chapter, can't wait for the next one.
RunsfromReality chapter 12 . 7/3/2010
I enjoyed the imagery of the birthday party . . . the awfulness of Mrs. Cope bars is a true enough bit of reality to earn a hearty laugh. Still, pensive as to what will happen to the real time pair. Hope your summer is going well . . . write on!
jimemon chapter 12 . 7/1/2010
What Bella never told Charlie on that day or in all the years that followed is that, while Renee did arrive unannounced that day, she had indeed been invited./

Aw, poor Bella. I really loved this chapter, thank you :)