Reviews for Greatest Strength
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This is a great little story. Something I think part of all of us who watch the show for the BROTHERS want to see. Great work on this my friend!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
"He’s not as sure of right and wrong which, ironically, puts him on the side of right in a way I don’t think he’s been since last summer." Fascinating observation, TraSan.

On to Prong Two! :D
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Hi, That was great. To see both Sam and Dean's thoughts. Just brilliant. I would love to see something like this happen in season 5. It would be great to have an eppy that is just Sam and Dean, no one else, just the two of them, maybe in a motel room working through everything that's happened during the last year.

Superb, loved it, thanks. x
lostatc chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Well done. We all have hopes when it comes to our little show. I enjoy seeing others and comparing them to my own. Personally, I'm torn - I want to see them together while I want to see them get some space. You managed to address the issue that irritates me about them staying as "together" as they've been and that's the issue that they can't fix each other. Sam has to fix himself and he can't become fixated on Dean in order to do it. If they do stay together, the interdependence has to become healthy which it hasn't been for a long time.

Anway, well done. I enjoyed reading this.

skag trendy chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I have to say that you've done an astounding job so far my darling. Without condemning or equally condoning either brother's actions during the run up to the season finale, you've highlighted the essential 'Sam and Dean-ess' that the show's been missing for the last year.

They've both grown up in very different ways during the previous season, been through the harshest of experiences, trials and tribulations that the rest of us wouldn't have a hope of surviving. They've come out all the stronger for it, and I will never believe that's a bad thing.

But as Dean says in your fic, Sam just doesn't realise it yet.

Nice one hon.

Kind regards,

ST x
Ash8 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Oh my. That was so wonderful I almost didn't read because it takes a special kind of writing for me to believe first person - and I don't often find ones that work. But this. It captured me from the beginning and I believed it was them and it worked so well.

It made me teary too. So heart felt and beautiful hun.

Oh boys. I am desperate to see how they pick this up in S5. I'm hoping the forgiveness and trust won't take too long. But knowing Kripke he'll keep us on tender hooks for a while.

Wonderful fic - again.

Eleri McCleod chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Well done. I've read quite a few possible S5 one shots and this one is ranking very high on my list. I really like your take on their relationship, both the before and after. It took both of them to get into this mess and it'll take both of them to get out. Thanks for a well rounded look at the situation from both brothers.

Keep writing!

lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Yay! I hope that is exactly how Season 5 starts, with them both working to make things right with the other. Well done! _

I love that single line of dialogue. Perfect.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
That was perfect. I would LOVE to see something like that happen. Those two are gonna have so much crap to work out this next season, but the theme of the show has always been about the brothers and their relationship; how they can overcome all these insane obstacles and still cling to each other, no matter how messed up things get. And you captured that very well here.

Sam's "Please don't give up on me, Dean" was so poignant. The thoughts you expressed for both boys was very realistic, I thought. I always get annoyed with the Dean girls out there who insist that Sam is such a monster and so evil and blah blah blah when they fail to remember Dean's escapade in Hell. He ain't perfect either. And that makes this show so wonderful - the fact that the two heroes aren't flawless.

I'm sorry. I'm totally babbling here. Your story just got me on a roll! Ha ha.

All in all, great story!
carocali chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Hooray for posting! You should NEVER doubt yourself because your pieces are always filled with such detail and insight - it's amazing to watch them unfold!

Loved that this was both boy's perspectives and how they've each changed and have to live with those consequences!

Wonderful, as always!

Colby's girl chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Nice story. I liked the two POVs. I'm hoping to see some healing in season 5 and if it's anything like this I'll be happy.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Your fics always BREAK my HEART in the best possible way. I love the symmetry of them both thinking in silence except for that one last line, each obeying the other for so many reasons: desire, faith, lack of a better current option, need, acceptance...very layered.

They're on such a difficult road now. But having Dean acknowledge, "Demons had changed me, too," to me, is a big thing. Sam's fault is the far more obvious. But he is certainly not alone. It will take both of them wanting, asking, granting forgiveness to truly move forward.

Thanks for this-and YAY for completing prong 1!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wonderful piece.

I like how you examined both Sam and Dean, reminding us that they were both dealing with issues this past season, both not talking to each other. Though Dean hid things from Sam to protect him, Sam lied to Dean thinking he was protecting him, both were at fault.

You had some great lines in this story. I loved some of Sam's memories and thoughts, 'You’re my weak spot, Sammy, you are, and I’m yours – and those evil sons of bitches know it, too. What we both forgot is it also works in reverse. Dean’s also my greatest strength, he always has been.'

I like how Dean is tuned into Sam again. Knowing when he is having nightmares and is awake. I think it was evident last season it was missing as Sam continued to sneak out and Dean would sleep through it, though Dean knew Sam was lying to him.

I really like Dean's thought about Sam when he found 'it strangely comforting because a brooding Sam is my Sam' and also 'I don’t want him to hurt, but I can’t fix this for him. I know from my own experience, he’s got to work through it on his own or he’ll never get past it.'

I have to believe that Kripke has heard us and we will see the brothers bond become stronger again this season, though it may take awhile as they work through trust and guilt issues, but they will get there.

Thanks again for the wonderful story.
spnMom chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I love fics that are set past Season 4. Thanks for posting this... It was great!
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
And it is beautifully done!
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »