Reviews for Into Morning
calliopechild chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Geez. This is so sad, but beautifully written. Very poignant, and very well-done. Out of curiosity, did you have anyone in mind when you wrote it, or is it open to being any of the guys? Either way, nicely done.
RenaRoo chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
There is not much to say about this piece which has not been summed up more excellently and eloquently than me already but I will try because this piece certainly deserves it.

I keep saying that I don't go for drabbles usually because they never really hit with me the way I feel like they are supposed to but the more I read the more I get the feel for them. I suppose I was looking for drabbles in all the wrong places before? One can only suppose and I do suppose that this is one drabble that was a shame for me to miss until recently. So shame on the Turtlefreak for that and kudos to you for a great drabble.

Here we go, I know you've been told this a thousand times in other reviews but the most stunning part about this drabble is that while it is incredibly character driven it is actually *imagery* centered. Your characterization is almost completely, indirectly derived from imagery and personification of the eat itself. Very fascinating. It's a favorite technique of mine when I'm reading books but I rarely see it transferred (or, at least, transferred subtly or even executed well) into fanfics. You do an excellent job with it here.

I like how you are ambiguous in your actual character because it allows some elbow room for readers to think up who it could be. While, personally, get the feel of Leonardo I do believe I am biased since my fandom comfort zone does reside in the New Toon. I can easily see how Original Movie Raphael, 2007 Leo or Raph, or even Mirage comics [insert ANYONE] could fit so wondrously in the character position for this drabble.

I will stick to my guns and swear 'til I die (or find out otherwise) that it is Leo, though.

While this review got nothing accomplished as far as letting you the author get a new perspective on the piece or feel as though you have learned something new, I would like you to know that I am incredibly glad I read this piece. It was a well executed scene and one that I am satisfied with afterword. I am only sorry that I could not have been of more assistance or at least let you know something new.

Turtlefreak121
Tauni chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Cause I've been gone for like, ever, and haven't done a review in even longer, and cause you're just that awesome, I'm going to review you. Yay Tauni-Rant-Review!

As another reviewer said, your imagery is beautiful. I kid you not that, when you said that he could taste the salt in the air I breathed in deeply to smell that salty air - only to breath in a cat hair. Damn cats. But really, it's so well done. I felt as if I was on the beach, sand between my toes and salt in my hair.

Let's see if I can take a stab at guessing what this is about, m'kay? Obviously, Leo (Well, ok, not obviously, but I'm going to say Leo cause I know you and you know Leo like the keys under your fingers) When he mentions his 'brothers in the mist' it makes me think that they might be dead, gone but fresh in memory. And when the morning 'lifts' the fog they go with it.

And the end, "when the darkness comes, he cannot fear it" makes me think of death, darkness death.

So, I could (probably am) be totally off, but -insert any random excuse here-. So yeah, glad you're back to 'writing on your own' (wish I could do that xD) Good job, Angel!
Elsiah chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Beautifully written. Loved the imagery.

Elsie
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Nicely done. I really like your writing style.

The Bubbly One,