Reviews for Nightmares and Dreams
SMackedCaskett chapter 3 . 5/3/2014
Even nearly five years later I still can't get over how great this story is. I'm speechless.
writergirl3005 chapter 3 . 10/12/2013
Such a wonderful story. I really enjoyed it.
Wildweasel chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
Hey, nice story, it was great to read that piece. I love how you made Stella that strong tough woman going for her man, that was sweet! :)

I also liked the ending, well I like SMacked so, I can't help with it :D

Hope you post more stories soon, it was a great story to read, thanks for posting it!

WW
ken chapter 3 . 9/19/2009
I was cautious about reading this story because I usually don't read storys that are not marked "complete", since I hade some storys that were never finished and I don't like that.

Thankfully this one is finished although it's not marked, so I'm thankfull I gave it a chance because it's a really wonderfull story.

There's some suspense and a really romantic ending. It's quite sappy how Stella all of a sudden understands that she's totally in love with Mac, but it's fitting for the story so that's not really a critic there.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Holly chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
Awh lovely ending. I like how you went back to the dream, and also that it was a few weeks later.
lily moonlight chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
I really, really loved this. I'm so happy it ended this way, and I love that it has come round, from the nightmare to the dream, i like that circular movement. And now the nakedness is not vulnerability and fear, but hope and happiness. I like how you moved things on, so it is after events, and we find out what happened. I liked that Mac watched Stella as she was unconscious, and stayed with her. I also liked that he has his vulnerability still, and that leads to how he cannot lose another woman he loves. You have some amazingly beautiful descriptions too, that were a pleasure to read; the city in all its colours with the voids too, and how they watch it from above. The story has been about watching too, and seeing, almost voyeurism, but not. I love the movements and the hesitancy of them as they are on the balcony, and that doubt still of Mac's that Stella realises she has to be strong to overcome, and that she is the strong one, that she is the one who has always to do things for herself, and for him. But he is still able to help her. There is equality, as he 'cleanses' her hair, that was beautifully done. I've really enjoyed this, and look forward to reading more writing from you.
lily moonlight chapter 2 . 8/21/2009
Sorry this has taken a while. I was very impressed with this chapter, and at the same time horrified and unable to stop reading it. It was brutal and devastating, and compelling. the tension was brilliant, and those last couple of paragraphs moved so fast, it gave the feeling of being there. There were so many things in there that gave it a huge amount of depth, like Stella not thinking about how much agony her giving her life for his would cause him, and how she remembers thinking how she separates people into mind, body and spirit. Again, you used the touch and feel of skin, and also the vulnerability of it. With both Mac and Stella almost completely undressed, and closer than they have ever been to each others skin, yet in the most horrifying circumstances. Shepherd was an absolute monster, and I believed in the evilness of him, because it was casual and mundane evil with the fatness and smell of him, he too is physically exposed, but so, so differently. The ending was full of emotion and almost breathless. Could Stella really have failed and Mac is dead?
xXBoulevard-of-Broken-DreamsXx chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
Nice story. I loved it...great job!
redVette chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
This is so good! Thanx...
joannahobbit chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
beautiful, just beautiful. Really, you write so well! The emotions they go through, the heartache...*sigh* wow.
Andorian Ice Princess-AIP chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
Ah beautiful ending to an emotional roller coaster. You captured their love at the end perfectly. Sweet and passionate. THanks for the great read!

AiP
shawdoo chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
What an incredible chapter! The turmoil of emotions from both Mac and Stella were so beautifully described. Excellent story!
kaidiii chapter 3 . 8/21/2009