Reviews for Reunion
JayGrrl chapter 24 . 10/6/2011
Yay for bubastis! That was cute. I finally read all of the stories and I approve. While dreadfully cliche and non canon in many places, you have a fantastic writing style and engaging plotline.

I really like that you included your Captain Carnage story in the main storyline. Good job.
Emerald Gaze chapter 24 . 8/12/2011
i enjoyed it and all it's prequals all together this has to be the single best rorschach story ever in existance

it starts even before the movie and chronicals his life and the end of rorschach's to continue into walter's happily ever after wife and child included

i may very well have to go and add all of the components of this extended story to my favorites!_!
WhiteChocolate123 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
i will be reading this later! your fics are like candy XD
Dimac99 chapter 24 . 10/23/2010
Another story I really loved. Again, read on my mobile so couldn't review while the details were still fresh, but that was because I was so glued to your stories for hours that I couldn't put my phone down long enough to boot up my actual computer!

I'm not sure how I feel about Adrian *getting away with it* so to speak, but the way/reason he did I really liked. That said, I was very happy to see Walter going unpunished for his crimes, I suppose because (even watching the movie) I identified more with his unceasing, unflinching, uncompromising crusade for Justice (with a capital J!) despite his bizarre moral compass - plus he didn't kill millions of innocent people, which always helps. In your story, we clearly see Walter's guilt but despite his guilty plea, I felt Adrian *still* didn't feel especially guilty and it was still his arrogance that shone through. That and his tiredness, which isn't really the same as guilt.

I loved that Walter and Dan's reunion turned out to have elements of both blessing and curse, especially with regards to the Rorschach mask and how deeply it affected Walter, even after all that time.

I should also mention how much I like your OCs and the town of Jubilation. I don't think it's easy for an author to bring up race (regardless of their own) without it feeling... Feeling an awful lot like the episode of TJ Hooker I watched the other night - earnest and well meaning, but terribly clunky, cack handed and either embarrassing or worse, amusing. I thought you handled it really well without tokenising anyone, black or white, or anything in between. It felt very natural to read about a perfectly normal town where it just so happened that most of the inhabitants had darker skin than my own. (I've got Walter's colouring, but with fewer freckles on my face as I have to studiously avoid sunburn, so I identified with him in that respect. Yay for sunblock!) Apologies if I'm sounding patronising, that's not my intent, but the whole Racefail 09 incident made me very aware that people of colour hardly ever appear in fanfic and when they do, they are often just be a token character - and white privilege meant I barely even noticed.

I'm sure you mentioned in one of your author's notes about finding the end of the movie better than the graphic novel, and I agree - one of several reasons I won't be reading the gn is that I know about the alien squid from dimension x nonsense. That said, I didn't have any trouble with your incorporation of gn elements, I felt that you married the two media very well.
Georgasaurus chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
I will admit, I am curious, to say the least.

However, I am a rabid Watchmen fan with an obsession for canon. Rorschach, by nature, could not identify with or feel completely comfortable around women. Even other human beings are a difficulty for him, as he mentions in the comic and briefly in the film. Judging by your other stories, your version of Rorchach not only managed to overcome the demons of his mother, of people, and of social interaction, but actually got married.

I find that very hard to swallow. However, I haven't actually read your other stories, so maybe you pulled it off. I couldn't, though, so either you're a better writer than me or you have failed to grasp Watchmen canon fully. No matter. If I continue to read this story, I will assume you succeeded in pulling it off.

Moving on...

I can only guess you haven't read the comic, which is a crime as far as I'm concerned. ;)

In the comic, no crater is left behind and Dan doesn't see Rorschach die. The comic version probably would have worked better here than the film, given that Dan never mentions the fate of his friend, so we can only say Dan is uncertain of what happened to Rorschach. I would suggest reading the comic (if you haven't already) for deeper insight into the minds of the characters that the film skimmed over or simply didn't portray. Not only will it enrich your story in the plot and psychological aspects, but you will have options to explore...plus die-hard fans like myself will appreciate you more for it. :)

Overall, not much to say about this chapter, content-wise. I felt Dan adding Rorschach's name to the stone was a nice touch. Very like him and something I would have expected from his character. Lauri was a little flat, playing generic, comforting wife rather than the fiesty female vigilante we all know and love. However, it's the first chapter. It can be fixed.

I was a little disappointed with the end. Sometimes chronological order can be a killer for a chapter. A few flashbacks of Rorschach going *pop* would have been nice mixed in with Dan chasing after the mystery man in the street. Also, the one liner dialogue at the end was a let-down after being spoiled with tasty descriptions and thought for most of the chapter.

Work on the description, work on character portrayal, work on canon, and work on dialogue.

Overall, a nice start to the story, even though I keep being distracted by the disturbing thought of Rorschach with a wife. XD

Georgasaurus

LU~
KC chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
I LOOOOVVVVEEEE THIS STORY! u are amazing!
Countess Verona Dracula chapter 24 . 3/21/2010
Oh. My. Goodness. I haven't reviewed (I know, I know, I'm bad) because I was just too darn busy blazing through this thing! A tour de force my dear. I loved everything about it (my only complaint might be that Dan and Laurie seemed to argue a lot, even if it was a sort of affectionate arguing, and while I agree that they certainly would have a bit of a cantankerous relationship, I would've liked to see a bit more actual affection between them).

After you finish up with Parenthood, you should totally write a sequel to this about Danny and Wally being all grown up! I have a feeling they'll be really awesome then!

~ Verona
Awall89 chapter 24 . 3/1/2010
Wow. Whole story is awesome. The little amount of reviews is suprising given the quality of this. Coudln't quit reading this and the previous arc until I was finished. Great work
Mahiri Chuma chapter 24 . 2/8/2010
Wow. This was just. Wow. I have read and re-read your 'arch' so many times I can't even say exactly ... You have a true gift for writing; it's exactly what I would expect of the comic. The way you narrate is so fluid and perfect and what you did with Adrian was absolute perfection. I have to say, though I enjoy the canon, I have come to love Chloe and Elsie more than I could imagine loving an OC! They are so real and wonderful; you have written them as real, organic people - not terribly filtered OCs that are perfect and always say the write thing.

I have to say, I would LOVE to see another one of your amazing Chloe/Walter Watchmen stories. Every update was like a little gift and each on made my day. Also, as a Nurse Practitioner, I just love Chloe - I can't say it enough, you have done wonders with these characters. I hope you plan on continuing. You have created such a rich, fun and real world and now with the introduction of Daniel, Wally and Laurie I can't begin to imagine what you will do.

Either way, whatever you decide to do, thank you for this amazing work of fiction. This is what is here for!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 24 . 12/9/2009
nice
HollyK chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I'm actually just going to review the entire well written, you possibly have the makings of a good author. A plot that makes sense even though at the same time it shouldn't. By this I mean, the chances of Rorschach/Walter Kovacs getting married and having a kid, especially a woman who is, excuse me, African-American is about .09% possible. BUT you have written it in a way that Alan Moore himself could possibly make into a sequel and it seemed impossibly possible [that Walter could have a family in such circumstances]. But, even the best works need criticism. I had two problems with this story: used the 'F Word' too many times in my needed to write a good story. you read the book? Some things were slightly off. For example, Walter has brown eyes not blue. It's used to symbolize darkness in his soul when he stares at people. Over all, wonderful story, great grammar (which is highly important to me.), and good use of characters.
vampires-pen chapter 24 . 11/20/2009
When I saw the blurb for this I thought 'Oh. That looks ok.' I was not expecting this amazing, wonderful and moving fanfiction. This has to be one of the best I have ever read and I want you to know I love it.
sepulchreangel chapter 24 . 11/18/2009
Oh no! It's over. D: But THAT WAS THE BEST POSSIBLE ENDING EVER! :DD I totally didn't see Jon coming at all, great awesome job! You were totally able to pull us through all kinds of twists and turns and still keep everyone so IC it almost hurt. Awesome job! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
megumisakura chapter 23 . 11/12/2009
great chapter,update soon,please!
sepulchreangel chapter 23 . 11/10/2009
*sighs happily* Omigosh, you could end it right there and I would be happy. I mean, of course there has to be some kind of thing for Veidt and it would be really weird/awkward/interesting if Jon came back but... *grins* the mental picture of familial bliss is just heartwarming and wonderful. FINALLY these guys can have some peace. 3