Reviews for Dempsey and Makepeace: Oneshots
abeed chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
'He drives to the only place he knows there is light. He drives to Harry.' :-)

'He never stopped loving her, he realises; he has been in the relationship with or without her for a year, was betraying her with his wife. He never truly left her behind.' Great writing!

"It never worked between us, Harry. It's like I've been married to you this whole time, feelin' guilty 'bout cheatin' on you." He dares to raise a hand, touches his fingers to her cheek with infinite gentleness. She doesn't move away, though her whole body stiffens. "Like I was just waitin' for that to end so I could come crawlin' back to you. I know I can't fix it just like that, I know that, but I had to try." Brilliant! :-))) He's put it right!
abeed chapter 7 . 1/21/2013
Love this story, its incredibly sad tho (at first I thought they were married), & they shouldn't be doing what they are doing but I get it, they love each other. They miss each other. She misses all the things about him that annoy his wife.
"You get more beautiful every time I see you," he says softly, his gaze now directed at her face.

"So stop looking," she suggests shakily. He's married, he's married, he's married - I like that line. Boy Dempsey messed up big time :-(
Great writing!
abeed chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
Bloody hell you certainly know how to pull at the heart strings! This has to be one of my favourites! So emotional. You wrote #them absolutely brilliantly, the way she kept quiet but let us know what she was feeling, the song, the way he got all worked up then calmed right down when she opened up to him. Really great writing! Thank you!
abeed chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
Love how he's there for her, how he cuddles her & doesn't wanna let go :-) He really does care care!
abeed chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
So so so sad but very well written. :-(
abeed chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
If only... Really loved it & could so imagine this happening between them. The fact she enjoyed it too much & wouldn't be able to stop... Wow!
goroslin chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
damn you woman! this is not depresing? it had me in tears instantly!
I just loved it!very moving and very "in character"too!
although you've wriiten that over a year ago I think, i do hope you still read the reviews, because: thank you so much for sharing!
Now I'm off to wipe away my tears...damn
dinabar chapter 8 . 6/25/2012
I know this is donkey's old, but I did a bit of a lucky dip last night when confronted with football...wifi...and a phone. The football was dreadful, your oneshots here however were brilliant, and really cheered up my evening. I love the way you write Dempsey, I can hear his accent perfectly, and not just how he says it but what he says too. My favourites were 7 and 8 here, I was slightly worried that Harry wasn't quite as snippity as I remembered especially if Dempsey had gone off, left her and MARRIED SOMEONE ELSE? however having just reread, have changed my mind, she is Harry just a Harry that has admitted to being in love with him, it's great. So thanks for writing, these two especially were so well constructed a joy to read.

Thanks

D
Spookfan08 chapter 9 . 10/7/2011
Oh poor Harry! Very well written & very realistic. Talking from experience this chapter was very realistic and I could see where she was coming from. Liked the way it was Spikings that made her realise rather than Dempsey.
Spooksfan08 chapter 5 . 9/30/2011
Ahh sweet:) loved it. Off to read the rest. Loved all of these so far.
Spooksfan08 chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
Very in character. Could see this happening. Loved it :)
Krato chapter 9 . 8/25/2011
That was very intense and pretty deep. Did I enjoy it? It's still all running through my head so maybe I shouldn't be reviewing yet because it was actually quite upsetting but yes, I liked it.

Wasn't it pre Season 1 as you mentioned 'whoever her male partner was at the time', implying that none of them had had much impact on her and obviously Dempsey changed that.

Love the way you latched onto this small angle and created something major out of it. We always knew it was tough for her in this male oriented world but had no idea it went this deep. I found I was able to accept this as a backstory, probably because Harry is so dedicated and has had to work so hard that I could well imagine it taking this kind of emotional toll on her. It was all about her trying to cope with the various pressures by taking and keeping control over something I suppose.

The fine detail with the apple was beautiful btw and now I've got to the end of this review, I can honestly say, it was a wonderful piece of writing.

You really are very good at the dark stuff, Alex :-)
Haveunotthought chapter 9 . 8/25/2011
You always come up with an interesting angle. Nice to read and quite believable.
Blooky chapter 8 . 10/3/2010
I had no idea this chapter would be a "sequel" to the previous one, but I'm glad it is, because I had a feeling it wasn't finished. Some stories are perfect as stand alones, others beg for more, just like the previous one. I like the ending, especially because it's not all happily ever after.
Blooky chapter 7 . 10/3/2010
Wow, that was intense. I always have mixed feelings when I read about cheating husbands or wives. It's not something simply black&white and you always end up hurting people. In this case his current wife, Harry ànd himself.

I also like the set-up of the beginning. You could have sworn it was Harry who commented on the clothes all over the place and the feet on the coffee table, because it's something she would also do. And that's when you can wonder if a marriage between them would also become "numb". Or if he would look at it differently because he loves Harry more. Food for thought;).
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »