Reviews for Song of the Mockingbird
Ardeliah chapter 10 . 10/12/2009
I'm fairly new to this site and haven't really got the hang of using it. I am a major Scarecrow and Mrs. King fan and I just have to say that I believe your story is perfect. I really enjoyed reading it and am currently going through all the stories related to the show I can find on here. Yours is the best I have found so far. Your characters were spot on. I couldn't fault a thing. I really hope you have written more and can't wait to find them.
resourceful chapter 10 . 9/13/2009
It was hard to discover your new story being posted at the same time I embarked on a long vacation that made internet access practically impossible. It was nice to know I'd find a masterpiece when I returned. You didn't disappoint. The twists and turns of "Operation Lullaby" proved to be an excellent adventure. The adoption home scenario sounded believable even before you provided the insights of historical truths at the end.

It was a perfect solo assignment for Amanda, and she met it with her trade-mark professionalism, compassion and nurturing skills. I love her new code name.

One of the special moments came when Dotty asked Lee when he planned to make an honest woman out of Amanda. It was such a classic Dotty remark.

Some of the special phrases that stood out for me would include: "It was always a little strange to see Francine dressed for surveillance work-sort of like dressing a flamingo in a pillowcase."

Another one is "he carried the small diaper bag as easily as he wore his gun. She didn't tell him it looked good on him, though. She didn't want to scare him."

The shower scene in Lee's apartment was icing on the cake - so tender and sweet as they inspected for wounds, discussed another honeymoon and "rinsed away the last vestiges of their nightmarish adventure."

Thanks for sharing a wonderful story. I hope you'll write more on their marriage as they "come clean" to everyone.
Gostraighthomeamanda chapter 10 . 9/5/2009
Wonderful story! I enjoyed it very much. It left me guessing too. I thought I detected some foreshadowing at the beginning, and then what I thought was going to happen didn't...unless...there's a sequel in the works?
Loretta the Contessa chapter 10 . 9/5/2009
great ending to the story
amieemb chapter 10 . 9/5/2009
Brava! You did a great job on this story!

I love that Lee and Amanda still go at it at work. You were right, Lee is all about black/white while Amanda is all in the gray areas.

The last paragraph was very sweet - It was very appropriate that Amanda hand over the baby to Shannon!

I'm excited to see what you write next! You've got a fan in me!
berniej chapter 10 . 9/5/2009
hi, so we come to the end..I'm glad Shannon got her baby back and that Amanda and Lee 'got engaged' (would love to have seen Dottie's reaction a moment in tv history never got to happen!). very good scene with Billy in the office too, it would be an interesting thing to explore what would have happened in the show when (note not if) the marriage became known...never liked Dr Smyth he probably would have been a problem but there again he was more interested in results so who knows really, but Billy I think knew more than he let on..he was the boss after all,but of course he would have to let them know they messed up 'cos keeping secrets is never easy particularly in the spy game!

Sad it's over but it was a pleasure to read, thanks for sharing

Bernie
BrittanyLS chapter 10 . 9/4/2009
Great job! I love the way it ended- everything worked out the way it is supposed to!
Stetsonfan chapter 10 . 9/4/2009
Wonderful story! I was completely hooked from the first chapter. Can't wait to read another one from you.
Terry Kay chapter 10 . 9/4/2009
I really enjoyed your story. Excellent writing from beginning to end. Thank you.
berniej chapter 9 . 9/4/2009
hi, I've just caught up with this(a slight problem with the computer I killed it...don't know how but I wiped it clean...just got it back and I'm trying to catch up again) Loved this it was just like watching an episode and I'm glad that they have decided the mystery can go from the marriage and though it was very sad in parts and the scene between Amanda and Benakov was inspirational and brilliantly done , I almost felt sorry for him. Loved the end scene with the pair of them

Bernie
Fanomonk chapter 9 . 9/3/2009
Another excellent chapter! You really are a good writer. I also love the conversation that Lee and Amanda have in their bedroom.

Again, keep writing, we readers love it.
anschi chapter 9 . 9/3/2009
Wow, what a great chapter! I hope you plan to write how things go with the family and if there a baby on the Stetsons horizont.

Very good word
smk123 chapter 9 . 9/2/2009
Interesting chapter. With Amanda tired and losing weight I was almost expecting her to admit to being pregnant. Hope they can get Shannon's baby back - eagerly awaiting the next chapter
amieemb chapter 9 . 9/2/2009
This was a great chapter. Lee and Amanda's talk after getting in bed was terrific! You embodied all the worry and work that they put into hiding their relationship. The doubtss that plagued Amanda's mind came out when she heard someone else ask her if she was ashamed. It definitely made her think but Lee is right Benakov doesn't know them; how strong they are or how much in love they are!
Gloria2 chapter 8 . 9/1/2009
Wow! Amazing! This story is absolutely incredible. I enjoyed every word. I really like the way you describe the depth of Lee and Amanda's knowledge of each other and how wonderfully they work together. I'm on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting the next chapter! This story is great! Thank you so much for writing it! :)
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »