Reviews for Amends
Rori Potter chapter 6 . 5/26
Oh wow.
Lily G chapter 6 . 6/13/2012
I'm glad you finally posted the end of the story. I had lost hope that you would. I hope you're doing good, hun... *hugs*
CrystallineSolid chapter 6 . 5/29/2012
Oh. My. God.

So I was reading the first chapter, and I was like, oh this is kinda like that I story I read a year ago on WMTDB and then I read the name 'James Wilkes' and it just came rushing back to me, and I died of happiness. I remember Wilkie cause I really kinda love him

So anyway, when I first read this story I loved it. I'll admit it's not very fan fiction-ey but, I don't know, it's written really really well. Like there are some lines that just slap you in the face, and some that make you melt with sympathy. I think it's partly because the stuff that you've written about, mainly what James tells Nick about the victims of statutory rape, is not something that has ever crossed my mind, even though I almost got myself in a similar kind of relationship. So this story kinda made me clear on a lot of the emotions that I felt which are quite similar to what Greg was feeling.

The other thing I really love about this story is the lack of melodrama. People have this tendency to make things very onesided, where fan fiction is involved, and your story's really nice and subtle/ For example, the bit at the end about Andy talking to other people about their sex life, it just really affected me. If you think about it, it's something small, something that Greg as a child may not have thought a great deal about, and yet it's a betrayal of trust. Someone else may have ended the fan fiction which some big realization on Greg's part, or something that honestly made him feel completely and totally devastated and humiliated. But the way you've handled it is really remarkable and very real.

I was a bit apprehensive when I saw you'd updated this after so long, but you did a really excellent job. I once tried adding a chapter to a story a couple of years after I wrote, and I totally screwed it up writing style wise. But you're really managed to capture the mood of the story and the voices of the characters even after so long. Amazing job!

Seeing an update on this story really just made my day! There's nothing better than seeing a really, really good story updated after so long. Thank you!
WhenFireAndIceBurnAsOne chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
i really like this story so far i hope there will be more. i like the contrast between teh past and the present :)
TwoHearts-OneShip chapter 5 . 3/19/2010
I really love this and i cant wait for more. I'm so glad you've updated again.x
Secret Zia chapter 5 . 3/15/2010
great update!
Dreamer22 chapter 4 . 1/14/2010
wow... ::hugs to greg and nick:: hopefully they can get through this. I look forward to more!
Triden chapter 4 . 12/1/2009
This is absolutely heartbreaking, I have to know what happens next!
QueenOfTheUniverse chapter 4 . 9/21/2009
sheesh... what a story! This is great and I can't wait to see where it's going! Thanks for writing this!
Blatantly Jennifer chapter 4 . 9/19/2009
God, the angst.

Is it bad that I loved them fighting? idk, I am in an angsty mood.

Sad, though. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Dreamer22 chapter 3 . 9/15/2009
jeez...well done I greatly look forward to more!
DemonUntilDeath chapter 3 . 8/31/2009
Great chapter! I'm wondering who some of the references are in the story (like James Wilkes - are they characters in other stories you have written that I should check out?). Hope you can update again soon!
charlie-becks chapter 3 . 8/30/2009
poor greg, and i like that wilkes guy :) i look forward to ur update!
Blatantly Jennifer chapter 3 . 8/30/2009
I'm going to hug Nick, now. :) He deserves one.

Anywho; I'm liking this story more, now that my possessiveness has calmed immensely. I don't think that you're going to try and put Andy and Greg back together. I hope not. Just as I hope there are no residual feelings that are potent enough to cause doubt in Nick and Greg's relationship.

Without giving away any personal details, I have to say that I understand where Greg is coming from. It also hurts, to see him go through that. But the hope that Greg will get through it, and that he'll allow Nick to help him keeps me coming back to read this. :) As does your writing.

- Jennifer
Aebhel chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
I really like this. I was kind of leery about reading a ex-boyfriend story (God knows there are enough of them around) but I really like the way you did this, and I like the way you're making the distinction between a relationship that's...possibly somewhat unacceptable in retrospect and one that's actually abusive. And I like that Greg knows he wasn't victimized. I also love the detail of how Andy really isn't fully grasping that however young Greg might have been when they were together, Greg is an adult now. Great job. Can't wait to see how it ends.