Reviews for A Savage Beauty
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I really want to hug Watson after reading any Baskerville stories. He just hurts so much after the end.

Keep writing!
shedoc chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
such a comfortale autumn friendship... with a dash of the spooky stuff! i do like this series of yours!
Silverfox1 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
*sighs* This one made me sad mostly - okay, I was feeling a bit sad to begin with. But yes, not so much spooky as sad. Always good to see your Lestrade, though.
medcat chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Nicely done and no creepy crawlies, though-sorry to disappoint :)
Mam'zelle Combeferre chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
As Aragonite already said, this was very poignant and satisfying to read. I am sad to say I have not even read the Hound of the Baskervilles, much less seen the 2002 adaptation.
Savethellamas chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
The 2002 movie is probably my favorite adaptation of HOUN but I didn't like that Beryl didn't survive. So I like your ending much better-she gets revenge, and it also makes much more sense as to why Stapleton made the mistake.

It was a creepy little tale, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. )
aragonite chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
In a word: Poignant.

Very very poignant, and I was recalling tiny little bits of the movie while I read...so congrats on that, and if they had chosen to film an "afterward" scene in the film, it might have been something like that...something eerie, and something that suggests the story never truly is over.
Vidar chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I haven't been able to see this 2002 movie of the Hound of Baskervilles, so I'm sorry that some stuff was lost on me. I noticed a couple grammatical errors though:

There's a part “How did Holmes except his lack of invitation?” and "except" should be "accept" instead.

At the part "which he blackguard knew far too well" I think "he" is supposed to be "the" instead.

The sentence “I wish I could say I know, but I cannot, it haunts me still, the fiction for outstripped the truth in instance" is a little confusing. I think "for" needs to be "far" instead.

Other than that, I enjoyed the story even if I didn't understand all of the context. Reading about Lestrade and Watson is always fun.
stonegnome1 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
One correction

How did Holmes except his lack of invitation?”

accept not except.

fine ghost story
reflekshun chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Bart, I think that I prefer this ending. Thank you for sharing.