Reviews for After the Robe Dropped
fred21 chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Just found your stories and what can I say except that I really like them. Love how you write Trip and T'Pol and how you show their relationship. Looking forward to reading the others.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
That was awesome! And it was also the last fic. I have nothing left to read of yours. *sniff*
Julie chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I have been reading quite a bit of fanfiction recently and this is the best I have read. I like it because you have really caught the style of the show, particularly T'Pol's speech.

Congratlations - loved it!
KageOkami-Kogo chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
"Right?" ...Sure Trip, you just keep telling yourself that... lol

Excellent job :D
lbekoj chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Thank you for very vivid and believable representation of Trip's POV in Harbinger. After reading your notes in the beginning I was afraid that you might add angsty parts (I have caught up my boards reading at last after my absence in internet and writing stories with angst was one of few hot and very interesting topics at TriS board). But you was able to paint your story by tiny gentle hints at possible future problems and left Trip in very optimistic mood. As a result I immensely enjoy this installment. I am very fond of your rich palette in describing Trip's feelings and thoughts: his caution initially, his feeling of insecurity in the middle of your narrative, his optimism in the end and his care and observation continually.

I like the interposing of a joke in this scene. Though I am not sure whether Trip might broach a theme of his pregnancy or not. He certainly by this time might get out of the habit of be constantly teasing by that old event. Anyway, it was very fitting and nicely relieved the increasing stress.

And I am glad that Trip was not monodirectional and was able to make T'Pol to call himself by nickname already in Harbinger. And I adore very humorous rhyme "Trip - strip" in this situation. It was a good continuation of a teasing on screen.

I love the scene of a transformation them from lovers to efficient officers (proficient both in a duty and in a quick team dressing).

My favorite part is begging you to create a companion piece with T'Pol's POV:

"He grinned proudly. “You are so beautiful,” he said. He leaned down to kiss her quickly, then continued staring warmly down at her, until her expression drew in suddenly and he could feel her pulling away from him even though she hadn’t moved. He stole one last caress and pulled back."

Do you have that plan? I miss it badly after reading your remarkable tale.
4Bluetiger chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Alelou, what a wonderful addition to Harbinger. I guess everyone hates that morning after debacle. Now we have some idea as to what might have been said between them that night. I am waiting eagerly for the decon version. I sent you a PM, hope you get it.
Reanok chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Aleou I always hoped you'd write a Harbinger story tis was well written and I like the fact you showed Trip's thoughts about T'Pol and the events of what happened between them.I look forward to read the entire story at Triaxian silk.
Honeybee1111 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
This is an excellent entry - one of my favorites - in the sub-genre of "What the heck happened in Harbinger?" fics. In fact, I love that Trip isn't behaving like an idiot and recognizes that something is kind of off with her behavior. You do a great job to explain what happened at the end of the episode, which never made complete sense.

Can't wait to read the full version.
Aikiweezie chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
THAT was very close to how I could see things progressing from Trip's rather confused and slightly cross-eyed stare when the scene faded out. Eager for the Triaxian Silk version. I like that T'Pol did her homework - you know that's so her.
Escriba chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Oh, sweet. Which is a little strange, since knowing "the morning after" always make me see that nigh as something more mechanical and less romantic.

So kudos for getting that.

Also, it's full of humor in the first part and I love humor (and your humor), what makes this fic more lovely.

“The process of sexual arousal in Vulcan women is similar to that in Human females.” She took a deep breath and said. “I am already in a significantly receptive state.”

“Oh yeah?” he squeaked, and swallowed hard.

That made me laugh so hard that my ribs hurt. But it was worth it :-)

About the last part... I have my doubts. Not about the quality, which is great, but about the fact that they have even a minute to talk before the attack. Because Trip seemed like he saw her for the first time at breakfast. But, you know, as everything, this is arguable. LOL!

By the way, they dressed without a shower or anything? Ew! I bet they threw their clothes for laundry the minute after they ended working.
jayJ530 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
“Very well. Trip. Please strip.” Hahaha, that was so bad it was good.

Probably the most realistic version of the events of those night that I've ever read. Very well done. )
DinahD chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
You did a great job of capturing the awkwardness of this situation. I'm glad Trip tried to clarify things before...well...doing what comes naturally. And I wonder where T'Pol went for her research - showing him a good time, huh.

I'm also glad that Trip had some doubts about their compatability. It helped to emphasize the fact that they come from two different species.

The moments before the captain's interruption were rather bittersweet. Trip was so happy - I think T'Pol was content, too, with what had happened - but then something happened. You caught the subtlety of it perfectly. Did she realize how deeply he felt about her? Or how deeply she felt about him? Why the second thoughts? She'd claimed him, and he was hers for the taking. She had to know that. And yet she pulled away.

Two interesting people and one very complex story. I look forward to reading the expanded version. Thanks for a terrific addition to "Harbinger!"
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I like the added detail and I look forward to the full monty version :-D