Reviews for Evil Takes a Vacation
lycan13 chapter 8 . 2/28
You could probably add a few short stories to this about Yori and Shego bonding with Hana and Yori meeting Shego's brotheers. That would be quite the fiasco. I also can;t wait for your sequel to 'Sealed With A Kiss' i forget what the sequel is called but i can't wait till you post it. This was another good story, time to give the 'Pariah' series a try.
lycan13 chapter 6 . 2/28
Something is obviously up with Ron if he kissed Yori, it's like Yamonuchi is brainwashing him to. I wonder...
lycan13 chapter 5 . 2/25
In the summary you asked if Shego would fight fro Yori, I certainly hope so ;).
lycan13 chapter 1 . 2/19
Shego likeing anime? Well there is one i can think of one or two that she might like.
Skire chapter 8 . 4/20/2013
Such a great story :)

You're ideas are very original and I like them so much X3

I'm not usually one to switch pairings so quickly unless I see it to be really nice but when I saw this story, I was doubting for a moment that it would be a waste of time, so I checked the first story, I was totally wrong X3

This pairing is fresh cute and just plain adorable XD You also gave people a different perspective on Yamanouchi.

I hope there are more stories about this pairing to come :D but of course I still love Kigo... just like how I love Bubbline, Marcionna and NightFire X3 but mostly Bubbline.

Anyways, you're one of my most favourite writers here and I hope I see more of your work :D

Ciao!
KumoOokami chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Wow this pairing is great. I'm usually the type to get fixated on a particular one for a fandom and it generally takes a lot of convincing to get me to change my mind. (Lame yeah ) Anyway, I would never have thought of this one, but I gotta say that it really works! These two are pure cuteness together, I really love your characterization of Yori she's super-adorable. Thanks!
TempestDash chapter 8 . 1/12/2010
A pretty good story and worthwhile addition to the 'Price of Honor' storyline. Once again Shego and Yori take center stage as the 'fic explores the intimate side of their relationship both emotionally and - briefly - physically. Cameo appearances by Ron and Master Sensei provide conflict in this tale, though both characters suffer from severe departures from their earlier portrayals in the TV series. Shego and Yori also are bold contrasts to their TV personas but since the story focuses on them they're given varying degrees of explanation for their alternate interpretations.

As with the previous installment of this series, many characters seem to blunder into character development and make attempts at rationalization later. Several times Shego observes herself acting in more caring or protective ways than she ever did before but dismisses the change in her core personality with vague gestures towards being filled with joy "for some reason." For existing in a universe with personality and mood altering devices, as well as outright mind control, one would think Shego's skepticism would be more prominent.

On the other hand, the story does make a strong statement that people who are outwardly different can be very happy together, something I don't see often enough in fanfiction where most couples end up sharing all interests or, alternatively, end up being complete polar opposites. Shego and Yori, in this story, make a convincing couple, though one where Shego seems to take on a significantly mothering role, which she surprisingly enjoys given her history of violence and impatience. Again, Shego observes this change in herself, but attributes it to her inexplicable attraction to Yori rather than the result of deliberate soul searching or recognition of a desire to change.

Are real life couples like this? Yes, so I can't call any of this out as unrealistic or improper. But it is, in a way, unsatisfying. Shego's change into a person who can protect and love Yori is probably the most compelling aspect of this series and it's unfortunate that so much of it seems to occur behind closed curtains.

One question that arises in my mind that is unanswered goes all the way back to Price of Honor: where is Drakken's money coming from? Shego seems to have enough cash on hand to buy a condo, yet Drakken talks about saving enough money on henchmen costs to finally do better than break even. Since this whole tale started as a result of Drakken's miserable finances, it would be nice to have some understanding of why hiring Yori made such a difference.

But that's just nitpicking I suppose. It doesn't really affect Shego and Yori's relationship.

Still this story is written well and maintains varying degrees of suspense. Conflicts arise and resolve, some of which are somewhat obviously telegraphed but still enjoyable to read. Given the premise of the story we know Shego and Yori will end up together in the end, but it's about the journey more than the destination.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 7 . 1/3/2010
Well, this chapter had me going from depression to relief. I’m finding it a bit hard to find what to say, though, so let’s just go to the points:

A) I liked it how Drakken got worried over Yori and how he grew to see her as part of his Evil Family.

B) Ron’s conflict was a lot less serious than I expected, but oh, well. At least things seem to be going in the right direction.

C) Last but not least, Yori’s resolution and sudden confidence, considering how unsure she acted in previous chapters, seems a bit… implausible, if I got to be honest. Nevertheless, though, I can’t help but to feel glad that she’s finally standing up to face things directly.

Alright, off to the final chapter!

Yours, “From the Beach with Love” Alexander/Alexlayer
Tanyeera chapter 8 . 11/30/2009
Lovely, absolutely lovely ending. I was a bit scared at first with how much Shego was yelling at the crying Yori, but... things turned out awesome in the end. I swear, Drakken is more like Yori and Shego's kid than anything else in the 'evil family'. And I suppose that makes Hana Drakken's baby sis with Yori and Shego as the mom and dad... Aww! Hope you start a new fanfic soon lunatic! This was the best!
Harley Quinn Davidson chapter 8 . 11/25/2009
sad to see it end it was a great story with a pairing that i had never seen before. love your writtings and can not wait to see other stories from you
Etherelemental chapter 8 . 11/24/2009
That was pretty good. It was a bit shaky at the start, although after Shego let her anger at Yori go it started to get better. And with Shego treating Drakken, I thought that was amusing. As I'm sure that hadn't happened before. And I'm wondering what ideas you have for any potential sequels to this, since you certainly seem to make most of your fics into long series that never seem to have an end. Even though the fics in the series all eventually end. Anyway, I'm wondering if you'll bring Fukushima into the next fic in this series, since he was essentially kicked out of Yamanouchi in the series. Even though with how Sensei is in this series, I wonder if he really has all his ties with the school severed. Anyway, thanks for posting all of this. It certainly was quite entertaining!
Shaitan Elnefi chapter 8 . 11/23/2009
*warm fuzzies*

i liked the ending here and i liked how its left open for possible sequels.

i would like to see team go's reactions to yori though XD
BioDragon chapter 8 . 11/22/2009
This is such a sweetly done ending, I love it :D
Blair Phoenix chapter 8 . 11/22/2009
A nice ending to a nice story, Looking forward to whatever your next work may be! _
immortal7 chapter 8 . 11/21/2009
nice ending to this particular moment in there relationship. Its nice to see the two of them finally coing to terms with who they are a individuals. I mean Shego even slightly admitting she missed her brothers is monumental. Hope you continue this series. till next time later.