Reviews for Trust, Loyalty, Commitment
macward chapter 13 . 10/19/2009
I just found this story and I'm really enjoying it! I can't wait for Bella to come to her senses and drop James
wow-O-wow chapter 13 . 10/19/2009
You're doing a good job with the plot and all of Bella's interior monologues, but every time Bella goes out with James it makes me cringe. I know he's your character and not James from Twilight, but if you wanted to make him a sympathetic character, you should have used someone else like Mike or Eric or Tyler. James just has so many strikes against him to begin with, and you have given him a drug addict past, so he's not playing on a level field. When Bella thinks about choosing him it just makes her seem a little dumb.

One of the best things about canon Bella is that she realized the importance of following her heart and her passion. She could have had a safe, comfortable life, but she chose the relationship that held the spark, that made her feel something. I hope your Bella wakes up and smells the coffee sooner rather than later.
stolenxsanity chapter 13 . 10/19/2009
Another wonderful chapter, bb. The one thing that really stuck out for me, though, was this:

"Bella didn't know why she wasn't more threatened by the prospect that other women were interested in James. She guessed it was because she trusted him, as a man of faith, to never act on their interest. Not as long as he was dating her. He was essentially a one-woman man."

A bit hypocritical of B, eh? I don't know, that is strictly my opinion but it would certainly appear that way. After all, she is dating both James and Edward but expecting James - as a "man of faith" - to not act on any other woman's interest. Hm ... strictly my opinion, though.

I love that Angela, even from thousands of miles away, can point out what should be rather obvious. I can't wait for her to be back in the picture and witnessing all this first hand. She doesn't seem the type to keep her opinions quiet, much like little Miss Alice.

As for your little hiatus, take all the time you need, that's my motto anyway. I know I'll certainly still be around when you decide to wow us with yet another wonderful chapter.

xx, T
Creampuf99 chapter 13 . 10/19/2009
I like that you are begining to phase James out...

Like Bella really has to think about it... let "VItoria" have him!
jimemon chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Time to step off, James, game over. Loved the chapter!
SavageWoman chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Sweetie, I will wait forever for an update to this story. So no worries - reconnect with your family.

I loved this chapter. I'm seeing some real growth in Edward. I am also enjoying the gradual progression of Bella's relationship with Edward and James and how they are moving in the opposite direction of each other. Where things seem to be heating up with Edward, they are cooling off with James. And yet as Bella becomes more comfortable with Edward, things don't seem so easy with James anymore. As soon as Bella gets brave enough to face it, I think she will recognize that Edward is the real winner of her heart. Now all she needs is the assurance from Edward that there is a place for God in his life along with her.
alicewhite3 chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
take time with that! it's an important chapter...

and family is way more imp than fanfics, even though this one kicks major ass.

i meant to say before too, i am so in love with how faith is playing a role in here. i wish more fics did that.
Sweetdreams82 chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Yay. I am so looking forward to Bella's big decision. As Angela pointed out in this chapter, Bella's heart knows who it belongs to. Now it's just a matter of getting her mind around it. I have faith in Bella. She isn't totally unfamiliar with taking risks...as a gymnast she took major risks to defy gravity. So yeah looking forward to things moving forward for B/E. Update!
Gleena chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Wonderful chapter. I know you said it was a transition, but I feel like a lot happened.

I have to say my favorite part was the reunion of Bella and Edward in the hospital. I definitely got a warm happy feeling when they caught each other's eyes, and the hug was fantastic.

I said it before and I'll say it again: I don't trust James. I think Bella should take some of Maria's comments to heart. Bella is only seeing what James is showing her. (How can you trust a James in twilight?) Don't settle, Bella!

And thanks *SO MUCH* for the rec!
teambellaedward chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
pillow912 chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Great Chapter!
bookworm-nz chapter 13 . 10/18/2009
Lol. I really enjoyed the Bella/Victoria exchange...there are so many signs pointing to the fact that Bella's feelings for James aren't of the deep and abiding sort - not feeling threatened or even annoyed at other female attention, lackluster kisses and general uneasiness at physical intimacy. I have faith that however 'scared' she may be about things not working out with Edward she will realise that she shouldn't let that fear push her into committing to the 'easy' or 'safe' option. That she is better off alone than settling. But I trust this Bella to make a self aware decision (and that if she does get stubborn I trust she has Alice and Angela to steer her in the right direction!). Thanks for sharing, and don't stress about taking some time out for RL so long as you come back to us eventually :)
ES3 chapter 12 . 10/18/2009
Oh I love this line, priceless:

""Paul used to quote that shi-, um that verse all the time," he whispered raggedly."

What a perfect way to show us the differences between Bella and Edward without having to "tell" us. She's quoting bible verses and he's just barely stopping himself from saying what he thinks in a regular-guy sort of way. Not that I think Edward is a bad guy at heart, he's just a little rougher around the edges.

Continue to enjoy this very much and look forward to your next update!
ES3 chapter 11 . 10/18/2009
Tee hee, posting how many hits/reviews is actually a good idea to illustrate how few people actually take the time to review, it's insane!

"Edward was by far the closest to her physical ideal than any man she’d ever met, and their chemistry was off the charts. Could she survive a relationship with him with her virtue intact? Everything in her screamed to be with him, and in her heart she was hungry for his attention, his touch, his kiss. But where would this take her? Edward was a virile man who had enjoyed many physical relationships with women. Was he really willing to honor her commitment to chastity?"

I love this section, because it really jumps to the heart of the tension in this. Edward (despite his good heart) has been quite the man around town and Bella is much more virtuous than average. The chemistry between them is so thick you can feel it in the air, but they can't act on it. This has the great feel of an old fashioned romance, where you WANT Gilbert to kiss Anne of Green Gables already, but you know it can't happen yet because it's not right in the story. As much as the sexual tension between B/E makes us want them together, we have to wait. Marvelous!
nexxus123 chapter 12 . 10/18/2009
Your chapter amazed me. Your writing is like poetry- there is no better way for me to describe it.

E and B are so sweet together and Bella continues to have such a great head on her shoulders.

The comment about love not having brakes that you can press to stop or slow it down was a great way of describing it.

I'm in awe once again.