Reviews for A Litany at Dusk
MyladyNancy chapter 17 . 10/18/2016
Wow, Lov that kiss.
thenewEmily chapter 5 . 10/8/2016
Like it so far! And Eric Nothman on the list was funny to read!
Lillywhite1 chapter 34 . 9/29/2016
Thanks for writing this wonderfull story!
Michaelmas54 chapter 34 . 9/27/2016
Thank you for a beautifully written and original story. One of the best I've read in a long time and will definitely read again because I read it too quickly this time!
Kelly457 chapter 5 . 9/27/2016
Recc'd and favourited by Tallulah Belle. And worth it!
michigangal0223 chapter 2 . 9/20/2016
love her Angel
CarlisleObsession chapter 5 . 9/9/2016
I was reading a story y Tallulehbelle and she recommended this fanfic! I'm so glad she did!
CarlisleObsession chapter 2 . 9/9/2016
RIGHT ON, noflowers! Sorry but that is one of the reasons I do not follow the Catholic faith, even though both my parents are ministers in it, they do not believe the teachings of the bible! You do not pray to Mary, you pray to Jesus! The bible states that there is only one mediator between you and God and that is Jesus Christ! Not Mary, not the saints, not the Pope! Sorry, I had to say something...
So anyhoos, I love your writing style! The way that the words flow is a pleasure to my soul! Thank you for your gift!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/22/2016
And I was SO much looking forward to Edddie being a virgin... just my luck, really...
noflowers chapter 34 . 8/19/2016
Bravo! :)
You delivered a beautiful, original story. The writing and editing are both above average and made for a smooth read.
As you know, I read chptr 1 and was very excited, only to read chptr 2 and become disappointed when the faith I had hoped to see written about, turned out to be organized religion in the form of catholicism. I pressed on, but expected to struggle with my ability to read something with which I so strongly disagreed.
Yet you pulled it off. I absolutely loved the way you so humanly explored different beliefs and the doubts we all face at times.
When Bella heard Edward's litany while in Vancouver, at the dock, and she allowed herself to mourn her loss... And when she compared all the blood that he shed with the one blood she held responsibility for... Well, i sat in my car sobbing as i read that scene twice.

Thank you for giving so much to this story. You did an amazing job.
noflowers chapter 27 . 8/18/2016
Lovin It!
And i was the disappointed skeptic in chapter 2 LoL.

Question : Are you aware that you have spelled Brian, as Bryan, on two separate occassions? Both times it was surrounded by the spelling Brian before and after it. Just curious how that happens.

noflowers chapter 8 . 8/17/2016
Yeah, you wrote this 6 years ago, but it's 2016 and I'm still commenting, lol.

So my comments began excitedly, then dipped with disappointment. BUT I'M STILL HERE, lol. Still reading, and turning the pages eagerly.

Also, I want to say you write very well, and are either more grammatically aware than most, or have better beta's and pre readers, because this is nearly perfect! And I like your writing style too. ;)
noflowers chapter 2 . 8/17/2016
So, chapter 2 was a bit unsettling and disappointing as i felt myself internally rebel against the overt religiosity that seems to be impossible to just graze over and disregard as it must pertain to this story.
I am a Jesus lover and Jesus follower, and the comment about praying to Mary instead of the Son was offensive to me, as I see Mary as a human, blessed AMONG women, not above them. Jesus desires us to come to the Father and he died to make it possible for us to do so, directly. Cutting out the need for a priest, middle man, mediator. After the sacrificial gift HE gave us, how can we put so many others in a place of more importance and put our faith in them over him. What a slap in the face that is to him...

But your authors note gives me hope to press on.
noflowers chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Wow. I loved the first chapter and was excited to see it hint at possibly coming from a perspective that I myself hold. This will be an original fic and I am anxious to read on.
Thank you!
Bubbles-913 chapter 34 . 7/1/2016
Your story is so unique and well written. This was a very satisfying and unique read. I have enjoyed it so much. You are an amazing writer.
5,402 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »