Reviews for A Litany at Dusk
Guest chapter 5 . 8/22/2016
And I was SO much looking forward to Edddie being a virgin... just my luck, really...
noflowers chapter 34 . 8/19/2016
Bravo! :)
You delivered a beautiful, original story. The writing and editing are both above average and made for a smooth read.
As you know, I read chptr 1 and was very excited, only to read chptr 2 and become disappointed when the faith I had hoped to see written about, turned out to be organized religion in the form of catholicism. I pressed on, but expected to struggle with my ability to read something with which I so strongly disagreed.
Yet you pulled it off. I absolutely loved the way you so humanly explored different beliefs and the doubts we all face at times.
When Bella heard Edward's litany while in Vancouver, at the dock, and she allowed herself to mourn her loss... And when she compared all the blood that he shed with the one blood she held responsibility for... Well, i sat in my car sobbing as i read that scene twice.

Thank you for giving so much to this story. You did an amazing job.
noflowers chapter 27 . 8/18/2016
Lovin It!
And i was the disappointed skeptic in chapter 2 LoL.

Question : Are you aware that you have spelled Brian, as Bryan, on two separate occassions? Both times it was surrounded by the spelling Brian before and after it. Just curious how that happens.

noflowers chapter 8 . 8/17/2016
Yeah, you wrote this 6 years ago, but it's 2016 and I'm still commenting, lol.

So my comments began excitedly, then dipped with disappointment. BUT I'M STILL HERE, lol. Still reading, and turning the pages eagerly.

Also, I want to say you write very well, and are either more grammatically aware than most, or have better beta's and pre readers, because this is nearly perfect! And I like your writing style too. ;)
noflowers chapter 2 . 8/17/2016
So, chapter 2 was a bit unsettling and disappointing as i felt myself internally rebel against the overt religiosity that seems to be impossible to just graze over and disregard as it must pertain to this story.
I am a Jesus lover and Jesus follower, and the comment about praying to Mary instead of the Son was offensive to me, as I see Mary as a human, blessed AMONG women, not above them. Jesus desires us to come to the Father and he died to make it possible for us to do so, directly. Cutting out the need for a priest, middle man, mediator. After the sacrificial gift HE gave us, how can we put so many others in a place of more importance and put our faith in them over him. What a slap in the face that is to him...

But your authors note gives me hope to press on.
noflowers chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Wow. I loved the first chapter and was excited to see it hint at possibly coming from a perspective that I myself hold. This will be an original fic and I am anxious to read on.
Thank you!
Bubbles-913 chapter 34 . 7/1/2016
Your story is so unique and well written. This was a very satisfying and unique read. I have enjoyed it so much. You are an amazing writer.
twiclare chapter 34 . 6/25/2016
Thank you, that was a unique and thought provoking read. I'm grateful for the recommendation on the lemonade stand. Loved the story!
twiclare chapter 30 . 6/25/2016
Oh no!
twiclare chapter 28 . 6/25/2016
There's a real sense of tension and foreboding!
twiclare chapter 27 . 6/25/2016
It's such a struggle for her to accept everything...understandably!
twiclare chapter 26 . 6/25/2016
She's actually being very brave!
twiclare chapter 22 . 6/25/2016
What a mess!
twiclare chapter 20 . 6/25/2016
Oh my, talk about moral dilemmas!
twiclare chapter 18 . 6/25/2016
I suppose a run in with the pack was inevitable at some point! He certainly got them riled up!
5,394 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »