Reviews for Secret Identity
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Your Weechesters are wonderful; they come across as kids but they're always recognizable as Sam and Dean.

Sam here is at that perfect age where he would idolize both Dean and his dad, but John would hold a much bigger element of mystery because of his frequent disappearances - the perfect candidate for 'superhero' status. (Makes the pathos of his 'fall to earth' when Sam eventually learns the truth all the more powerful, too).

So many wonderful little touches that made me smile: Sam squeezing his eyes shut while the shampoo runs down his face, pulling his pajamas on over 'sticky' skin, hating soggy cereal and slimy marshmallows... Perfect little moments that so beautifully bring the boys to life.

Awesome story.

Cheers, Sculls
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
This was great, really lovely. So nice to read a Weechesters story and I loved Sam's innocence in this.

Great job.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
This is so sweet and adorable, and it feels like it could have happened just like this. I love how Dean is protective and caring but at the same time still an older brother in every way. And Sam's innocence is so genuine (and of course, all the more heartbreaking for it). I really feel for John, balancing his two lives, tryingg to keep the boys safe, bearing through injuries of his own as well as Sam's...very much a realistic slice-of-life fic with a great hook! Cool beans. :)
skag trendy chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
'Little fingers slipped into Dean’s hand and he squeezed them gently in reassurance.'

So sweet!

If Dean thinks ketchup on eggs is disgusting then he'd be completely revolted if he saw me smother mine in HP brown sauce (a bit like A1 steak sauce but thicker, fruitier and more spicy) - my husband can't stand the stuff!

It's great for egg and bacon rolls! - I'm feeling hungry just thinking about it!

Such a wonderful story: John Winchester from a little boy's point of view. Perfect with protective Dean, Limp Sam, and fatherly John.

Nice one mate. Loved it!

Kind regards,

ST x
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
the comic book you quoted, sounded like the Bad Day At Black Rock to me. hehehe. i love this. it's so cute all the little elements that lead sam to one conclusion: john's a superhero! perfect! WRITE ON!
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
this is so aw and wonderful!
spnMom chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Aw, come on... ya gotta tell us what was in the tree! Or was it just a normal animal? I guess I don't want to know if it was a normal animal... Great little story, thanks.
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
That was so cute!

So glad you wrote this! *g*

pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
You did a wonderful job with the young Winchesters.

Sweet beginning with little Sam reading Dean's comic book about superheros.

You did a great job with Dean, showing us that while he was only nine, as Dean talked to his dad about the last hunt, you saw how Dean wasn't just a little boy anymore and hadn't been for awhile.

Love how Dean took care of Sam at the house and later when Sam was hurt, taking off his shirt, not thinking about the gauze pads to stop the bleeding. I had to laugh at one of Dean's earlier lines to Sam, “If I’m not old enough to know, you’re not even old enough to know what I’m not old enough to know.” I could just picture Sam's face in confusion.

Wonderful ending as Dean answered Sam's question, “He’s a hero, but more like Batman than Superman or anything. He’s a regular guy, doing the right thing to help people when he can.” Loved Sam's thought about the Impala, 'his dad did have a the cool superhero car.'

Enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
carocali chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Loved all the little changes that you made! Top notch stuff here! So wonderful how you can tie all these little pieces of goodness together and wrap it up in a present for us to read. I'm so glad you did the prompt!

J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Aww TraSan that was wonderful! And just when I thought it was going to be pure fluffernutter you throw in a teeny tiny bit of wee-hurt!

I love caring-John though, never could stand it when folks make him out to be a pure bastard. Part-time, sure, full-time, nuh uh.

Wonderfully done milady! Thanks for the awesomeness!

aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
OMG i LOVE this! TOO cute and you really did a nice job with lil sam and dean. i especially loved how you portrayed john. a lot of people go overly marine with him but you really nailed the fatherly figure well. loved the "shaken marbles" line. too cute! hope to see more in the future!
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Excellent job with this one.
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3