Reviews for Explanation
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Not just the power in the emotions here, but what is really great is how you put Bruce in such a moral dilemma. Not just letting a man you carefully described as utter scum live, but also the sacrifices he would make to remain true to his oath.
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Beautiful.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
I could see Batman making this decision. Well done!
SeikoTuner chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Its a bit sad how little thought comic writers put into their writing these days.

Though I guess with corporate, legal crap, and just not being able to alter too much continuity *which is already crap to begin with* its hard to actually be creative with work.

Thank goodness for fanfiction.

Great touching fic.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Damn. Well played.
Birman chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
That was some good work, dude. :)
DC Luder chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Oh.

My.

Golly.

Excellent story, I loved it! You had me scared there at the end when Batman had to make that big "Choice." Well done times fifty! Can't wait to see more...
kestinstewart chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
I really liked this story.
dafnap chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
Amazing...You already know the admiration I have for your work, and once again it has been affirmed. I would love to read the aftereffects of this story, so once again I cannot wait to read more.
BenRG chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
Oh... That was astounding. A short story that contains so much power. Could this be the description of the final emancipation and cleansing of Bruce Wayne. Could he have finally been freed from the Bat?

This is one of those ones that makes you think, and changes how you view the Bat legend forever. It also captures very well what is the most important thing in Bruce's life. Not the Bat, not the myth and not the crusade, but to protect the innocent, and to ensure not one life is lost if it can be avoided, even the life of a monster.

BenRG's Rating: 10/10
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 1/8/2002
I got the feeling that when you wrote the line, "A child rapist alive. The Myth of the Bat shattered. Decades of work undone.", you felt that Bruce's actions were out of character, or unBatlike, somehow. I don't think they were at all. At the heart of Batman's character is the overwhelming desire not to see ANYONE, no matter how warped or evil, die. I might be wrong about how you thought here - but this is excellently written, and it was a well-done story.

Cheers,

Tracey
Rick Peterson chapter 1 . 1/7/2002
Well done. Very moving, perfectly in character and I really enjoyed the ending.
Papa Wheelie chapter 1 . 1/7/2002
It's easy to say that yielding to the temptation would've made Batman a worse monster than Orman. But, I wonder how many real-life people (myself included) would've been able to equally resist the temptation? Bang-up job, all around!
superninja chapter 1 . 1/6/2002
Nice. "I think...I think I'll spend some time in the sun." Sometimes I'd like to think Bruce deserves a happy ending after all.
Rennashei chapter 1 . 1/5/2002
...Wow... That brought tears to my eyes. Great work.