Reviews for To be Black
I love the way you handled the story and its topics. The characters feel like real people. As someone of color I find the mc relatable to a great existent.
Thranduil's father was Oropher.
Orodreth is one of the the lesser known Noldor from the House of Arafinwe i.e. he is Galadriel's nephew.
pearlgrave chapter 19 . 11/23/2020
I think it's kind of impressive that this was your first fanfic. Like, it's good. Not perfect, obviously, but I guess I can say enjoyed it.

I think it's because I love the concept. First of all, I will probably voraciously read any LOTR story with non-white OC's BUT there's other things I love about this. The OC not being essential for the war and acting more like an observer? Great. The elves being assholes due their ignorance and not being defectless-immaculate-angels all the time? Magnific. The idea some people have in fandom that the good people from middle-earth (and mainly elves) could never do something like judge someone because of their appearance or background is so laughable to me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing it with us.
Lucy Maud Montgomery chapter 1 . 11/8/2020
Wow there are a lot of triggered snowflakes in these comments posting as guest and not dropping their account. Chill peckerwoods. I love this story, one of the only ones I know of with a black female character in lotr. Love it, wish there were more like it, if anyone has any suggestions hmu. Yeah just here to re-read. To those ppl claiming elves can’t be racist or whatever the fuck.. it fanfiction...take several seats.

I’ve always had the idea of someone black from Harry Potter universe maybe black Hermione in lotr. Always been fascinated by Maedhros.
Guest chapter 19 . 7/27/2020
If Jaden was half black and white and Erestor a elf with white skin, why would their son be as dark as Jaden? He's technically only a quarter black. He would look more like Rashida Jones (and she's mixed).
Guest chapter 9 . 7/27/2020
As a Glorfindel fan, I'm sad that you made him arrogant, but its better than racist.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/27/2020
Where's Glorfindel? He's my favorite. Please don't make him a racist.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/18/2019
I would like to point out that all of the Hobbits technically have brown skin.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/21/2019
I don't think you've understood LOTR properly. The elves are as extremely subtle and are generally a force for good. Use racism among humans, don't push it onto elves you xenophobe speciest.
Olddantrucker chapter 5 . 12/24/2018
Yeah just as I thought the black helpless mentality takes over her too. being sarcastic doesn't make you a hero.
Olddantrucker chapter 3 . 12/24/2018
LOL walking to school five miles won't make you ready for what they are about to endure. It's like comparing apple to oranges. Even the crappiest school district has nicer paths then the Fellowship's best moments.
Olddantrucker chapter 2 . 12/24/2018
This story is setup from the get go to be biased. This is why people have HAD IT up to here with fake news. Fake news was NOT invented by Trump he just used it to prove a valid point. CNN/ABC and to some extent FOX all just steal or snip quotes out of context to rile people up.

It's called yellow journalism and it was started by Hurst but by no means done. History classes that teaches these evil eras are over have their heads full of shit and getting rid of summer break won't fix a biased/broken education system. It will just make them even more brainwashed unless parents wake up more and pull kids out.

Then you are left with just the filth to run and use the system and hopefully they all eat each other alive and the whole thing collapses naturally.

Though knowing what I know about end times prophecy most have been full filled to some degree with barely any left to be done.
Olddantrucker chapter 1 . 12/24/2018
Problem with your theory is blacks have more rights and 'free toys' then ever before yet you are still not satisfied till every one of us white crackers are in some kind of death camp. Well guess what it is NOT going to happen and we will die for the Constitution and God.

And there are black people waking up and smelling your type of BS actually getting somewhere in life then the government plantation or being shot dead in the street life.

The government is NOT your friend! Just like in a Dog the Bounty Hunter show I'm watching the poorest people can't afford food or a car yet they somehow have satellite dishes.
TroysMom09 chapter 1 . 11/25/2018
What a great start!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/18/2018
This is great story not much color people i hope Jaden is okay in the halls of mandos but i don't think she's alone she have Bildo baggins but eventually she come out there