Reviews for For What It's Worth
Elise chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Amazing, so very well written, brilliant story. Amazing.
Vandenberg chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Incredible job in writing this up-your prose fit in perfectly with the flow of the story.

Keep it up. ;)

-Sked-San-san
Cougerstar chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This is an extremely well written and very interesting story. The distant writing style works very well, and the idea is original. Very powerful, and depressing, but good. Does that make sense?
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Wow, what a head trip! A truly phenomenal exploration of Peter's abilities and what he could have become had he continued to build up his arsenal of powers. Very chilling, but beautifully written! The ending is fantastic, as well. Thanks so much for sharing this!
Tetsui chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Damn...this story...it's beautiful. No other word can describe this. You have my deepest respect.
thepenultimatefailure chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I'm probably in the minority here, but I find Godmode/Woobie!Peter one of the most awesome ideas in existance...In other news, your story was amazing and I am way too tired. Thank you for writing thus story _
WizardOne chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Excellent story. I was linked here via tvropes. Its unfortunate that not many people read the heroes fanfiction lists or this would have many more reviews. Good work!
Inthannon chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
This one was a really good story.

You made really nice characterisations and interesting new powers. Good work all in all! :)
Lara-Van chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
Oh. My. God.

This is, perhaps, the most powerful futurefic I have ever read. Stunning and awesome in the display of power... We forget, don't we, that someone like Peter will live FOREVER. He will simply become more and more powerful, gain dangerous, deadly abilities, and control them. He will become a god, essentially.

All the world can hope for is that he will hold onto his empathy, that he will keep his loving, good heart. Or there's no stopping him.

I can't actually come up with words to tell you how amazing this is. You have sent me spinning through a thousand different emotions. Sadness, that a character I so love could become this. Joy, that he can save the world at last, even at a terrible price. And something else. Some unnamed sense of emptiness that I'm not able to define. This is a stunning piece of fiction. This is LITERATURE. This is the future. Kudos the size of football fields to you!
Oblivion chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Whoa, this story took me by surprise. I didn't expect it to be so well thought out, nor to have any deeper meaning. Five out of Five stars. Just some questions:

- How did Peter regain his Empathetic Mimicry or a similar ability?

- What happened to Hiro, another character who could have conceivably appeared because of time travel?

- What happened to Gabriel Grey/Sylar, another powerful immortal with immense potential?
Hazgarn chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Intense and creepy. I love far-future stories, and this is a great example of how good the good ones can get.