Reviews for Behind The Mask
Halfred Askold chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Neat. You need to ad a "w" to anted near the end of the story. Like that you made him John Drake.

Rate: A-
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Well done,thank you!
Violet Electric chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Awesome! Short and sweet, though I haven't seen Danger Man, and am reluctant to accept Six as John Drake. Still, funky! I'm so glad he's still mates with the Butler and Number Two, and I love the closing sentence. Well done
BenRG chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Patrick McGoohan has said that Number 1's outside bi-coloured mask represents the Ego (higher identity) and Superego (morality) and the gorilla mask underneath represented the beastial Id (raw self). He has also said that he prefers to believe that the entire series can be seen as The Prisoner's attempt to free himself from the nature of his own past - the secret agent who betrayed and killed for a cause that he himself never really believed in.

FWIW, I always thought that The Prisoner was Danger Man too. And Smith from "Ice Station Zebra". ;-)

If I had written 'Fall Out', instead of a primal scream, I would have had Number 1 say: "Why are you so surprised, Number 6? I have so many faces... This one suits you the most."

You could theorise for years about that show. Truth be told, I'll bet not even McGoohan was entirely sure what it was about. He's taken those secrets that he still kept to the grave. Which, when you think about it, is just the way They wanted it to be. ;-)

Be seeing you!

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
Mneme.miny.moe chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Very nice. I really enjoy the thought of good ol' Six going about his business after everything that's happened. And he gets to keep Butler! Perfect touch.

If you're a fan of Johnny D., come on over to the "Danger Man" section too. I'd love to see a Pre-Prisoner piece if you've got any!