Reviews for Tempo and Rhythm
fanfictiongirl chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
Do you think you could send me a link to your livejournal story of this?
pansy25 chapter 2 . 3/15/2011
very interesting... I never read a very passionate laurie/jo love scene before... its very good!
Maria Elaine Lozado chapter 2 . 1/4/2011
This is quite the well-written story! I think you could tone down the descriptions a little, but that's more of a personal preference. There is one thing I particularly don't like, though: the little attack on the moralistic side of Alcott's story. It's not just for personal reasons; I actually find it rather unrealistic. You say:

" . . . to help Jo move beyond her nigh-Puritanical education (or lack thereof) on what was and wasn't acceptable between a man and a woman who were in love and happily married. Even after their first night of intimacy together- a night Laurie had some very, very fond memories of but which had not exactly gone smoothly- Jo had often been paralyzed between her passionate inner nature and the messages she had received from childhood about decent women not doing much more than passively accepting their husbands' occasional, shameful needs."

However, I honestly don't believe that Jo would have ever viewed sex as an embarrassing duty, and I don't believe Alcott did either. In Alcott's book, Jo tells Marmee that while she believes mothers are "the best lovers," she wants to try "all kinds of love," a vague allusion to the sexual love between man and wife and the nonsexual love of parent and child. And if I recall correctly, Jo kisses Mr. Bhaer first after she accepts his proposal, a forward move for a woman of that era. Though the other characters' romances don't involve Jo, Alcott clearly marks the differences between the parent-child relationship, the brother-sister friendship, and the passionate man-wife companionship. So although it might be entertaining to poke fun at Jo's morals, in this case it's kinda unrealistic.

Other than that, a fine story.
Andromida Prime chapter 2 . 12/20/2010
This has to be the most positivly disgusting fanfiction ever. How could you take two sweet people and ruin them! I'm sorry to say this isn't how I would imagine Little Women. Especially Laurie and Jo.
VampHime chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
3 who could not love your writing?
Anne Gable chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Very well done! The entire series was just so like the both of them! And while the, er, more explicit parts were enjoyable, what I loved the most was that the two were so obviously in love. The tenderness and sweetness in the last chapter especially were wonderful. Thank you for sharing your talent!

~Anne
his little girl chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
This was amazing, and utterly hilarious. when Jo blithely announced her intentions of making good of the piano (and oh, such good!) i actually laughed out loud. at 3.40am, with a serious family ceremony due in the early morning today. i enjoyed this utterly.
jasmineflower27 chapter 2 . 1/15/2010
this is AWESOME!

oh, please contiue whith your amazing writtng, it is beyond amazing actually :)

and the way you write Laurie is just SO perfect!

could you please send me the uncut version since i don't have livejournal?

awesome chapter :)
Rosa Heartlily chapter 3 . 1/14/2010
Lovely interaction between them, as always. I was slightly worried about damage to the piano, too, though!

I can imagine them romping all over the house, especially when they are really making babies ;)
Potix chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
I have to tell you,for the nth time...you're amazing!I'm so happy to have a Little Women fic written for me,and especially this fic...because it's funny,and so well written,and Jo and Teddy are together at last,and having fun...just another time:thank you!
SandKastles chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
awe this was cute! I loved the last chapter! :) heehee Baby By Me started playing in the background when they started talking about having kids, I found this hilarious! :))

Random.
Black Magik Woman chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
Love it! Would certainly have given people in LMA's day a case of the vapors, lol! You write Jo and Teddy so wonderfully passionate with each other. I actually have an idea that I know you will do incredible justice to, if you're willing to take on a new project. Let me know. :)

So happy to be back in the fandom; catching up is so much fun!
JJP29 chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
I have just read this and A Night to Remember - they are excellent - is there any chance of reading the uncut versions - please, please?

Regards

J
Rosa Heartlily chapter 2 . 11/10/2009
Wow! That was... interesting ;)

Chapter 1 made a nice build up and it was nice that Jo came up with the idea initially.

Chapter 2 was full of great descriptions of what was happening. I'm a big fan of enthusiastic sex between people who are totally head-over-heels in love with each other and this definitely hit the spot!
meredith chapter 2 . 10/10/2009
Very, very sensual, and quite beautifully written. You certainly have the chemistry between Jo and Laurie down. They're incredibly volatile and wonderfully canny with one another. The snappy banter is delicious and what Jo pulled with her hands for Laurie was very surprising, to say the least! *g* Nicely played, and I can't wait for the wrap-up chapter.