Reviews for Species
MellyMeliza chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
I love this!

Your such a great writer and storyteller.
operacynic chapter 5 . 1/9/2010
Great chapter, it was realistic. I like that Christopher and Fumnanya are getting to know each other and that Fumnanya is able to match Christopher in wit. This is a really good fic.
Stewthewriter1 chapter 5 . 1/9/2010
This story is a great one, very fresh and original (I am reviewing every chapter here by the way!).

I like the way you have intercut between the present (on the homeworld) and the past (Earth).

It is a very brave thing to do, considering that the alien planet wasn't alluded to in the film at all. You definately have to start from scratch there!

Your character of Fumnanya is brilliant, who would have thought of the extra difficulties of being mute and having to communicate with an alien? It is clear that Christopher struggles too with the scribbled notebook as well.

I am certainly interested to see where this tale is going next!
Herr Wozzeck chapter 5 . 1/7/2010
Aw, how sweet. More bonding time between Chris and this new girl. Also, thinking on the home planet, which is always nice, yes?

Keep going!
Shadowy7Angel chapter 5 . 1/6/2010
Omg. Have you any idea how awesome you are?

I'm guessing Fummnanya is Oliver's mom, but I may be wrong. But if this is so, I am extremely curious as how the... process happens. Hahahahahaha.I'm so getting the Soutrack later. Well, 5 STARS! :D
clint small 94 chapter 5 . 1/5/2010
I really like your story so far! Your OC is very well developed and certainly not a "Mary Sue". Your not making the romance come too fast to make it more realistic, which is good but would like to slowly start seeing some minor stuff between them that gradually turns into something more. Keep up the great work!

insanity4twohotmail.com chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
I love this~! I just watched district 9. I fell in love with oliver. He was so adorable.
Stasia-C chapter 4 . 12/8/2009
Please, you must update! This story was fantastic. Though, I'm not a fan of the whole inter-species thing, I love this fic! Please update. *big puppy dog eyes*
Herr Wozzeck chapter 4 . 10/4/2009
Okay, since you reviewed my fic, I guess it's only fair I do the same thing for you.

I really like where you're going with this so far. I do hope we get to see more of this Fumnanya lady, so let's hope things go well with her!
DirtWolf chapter 4 . 10/1/2009
I'll have to agree with Operacynic. A next chapter on Red would be nice, or something along them lines. ;)
operacynic chapter 4 . 9/29/2009
You're in high school? Judging from your writing I'd assumed that you were in college.

I can't wait for the next chapter!

As for requests... Hm, I'd really like to see you continue "Red". Or maybe something else about Fumnanya and Christopher. ;)
Uncrasamatic chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
Very interesting ideas! This story is well written and organized. Keep it up :)
DirtWolf chapter 3 . 9/19/2009
I really can't wait till you updated the forth chapter! This story is really well written, I really like it. _
PinkZebra chapter 2 . 9/4/2009
Haha, look atme complaining about your spelling errors and I have problems with my own. Please excuse my keyboard. It is veryold and crunchy :/
PinkZebra chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Oh wow, this is fantastic! I had been looking for some good, well-writen District 9 fan-fiction for weeksnow, and luckily, tonight I came across your gem of a tale. It is - like I said before - well-writen, and you put sentences and metaphores together so well, it's like your painting a picture for the readers. Although thereare only three chapters of your fan-fiction posted, I consider myself to be a good judge of good literature - not to toot my own horn of coarse.

Although I must admit, the first chapter had me confused. As I remember reading somewhere, 'Prawns' or 'Poleepkwa'were Asexual,and you were talking about mates, paternal, and maternal partners for them. But then as I read on, your own fabrication on the 'family' structer of the 'Poleepkwa' is very creative. Perhaps that is really how they would view their social structers lol.

And I love how true to Christopher's character your being. I myself don't know very much about his said 'character' - I have only seen the movie a few times - but it seems true to whatever it was I was taking in from his actions and behaviores. And I am also growing a fondness for the 'Un-named' women. It's very refreshing and inspiring to see that finally someones not dedicating a fan-fiction to such an un-believable Amazonian Goddess. Your OC character - from what I could tell - has a very quirky and intriging personality, and I cannot wait to see what will develope between her and Christopher - if anything developes at all, at least.

Although I did find the slightest of spelling ears within the first few chapters, it isn't anything to have a heart-attack over.

I hope that my little comment will give you courage and inspiration to continue on with your little 'gem', and I did not bore you with my annoying little trwitter of approval XD lmao.

Sincerly your newest fan