Reviews for When the DC Universe gets Left Behind
Rhettbutler chapter 1 . 4/29
Intriguing
I remember reading the book series and it was an interesting read and I must say I would never have seen these two universes colliding
Shame you have not continued
Hope you do soon
More!
Namechris chapter 3 . 9/1/2012
if Super man fought the Antichrist physically he would nearly be killed
chris chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
my friend you have done well but where is the rest you given up already? such a shame
Guest chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
I want to see more. You've got a good story with interesting potential. Heck I can imagine the Justice League fighting demons. Heck it would be cool to see Superman fight the Antichrist.
LordGodsServant chapter 3 . 5/9/2011
Hey, I only recently got my account but I really want you to continue this. It is something that I'd love to see because in the DC Universe, Christianity is virtually ignored. Please continue this.

Good Day and God Bless :)

Sincerely, LordGodsServant
Atomic Sharks chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
great chapter please update soon
Katham67 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Good story! I can't wait to read more.
Ashlee chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This is so cool. I hope you continue it.
Crow T R0bot chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I had to blink when I saw that this crossover existed (I myself had considered suggesting such a crossover to someone, but the tone would have been very, *very* different as you'll see below), and so far, it seems decently written. However, I do have a bit (okay, a lot) of advice that you should take into mind when writing this crossover.

First of all, I want you to look up something called "slacktivist: Left Behind," which is a page by page analysis of the Left Behind series that updates weekly (they're so thorough that they're only a few chapters in to Tribulation Force after five years of analyzing the first book and the movie), and frankly, if you approach this crossover with that analysis in mind, I think it could be *much* better than the direction you're taking it in now.

Here's a link to the archive if you're curious. Note how I've replaced the "dots" with the word "period" when you "put the link back together." Also note that when you get to the archive, the items are listed in the order of most recent at the top, earliest at the bottom.

exharpazo period blogspot period com /2007/ 01/ index-to-slactivists-left-behind period html

The real kicker about the content of this blog? The fact is that its creator is an evangelical Christian. :P

Anyway, one of the many things that's bugged me about the Left Behind books (besides LaHaye and Jenkins' shoddy understanding of theology, poor writing, and the assholish behavior of the main characters) is that, whether the writers intended it or not, the God portrayed in that books is just as bad, if not *worse* than Satan. You'll have to read the archive linked above as it would take a while for me to list the things wrong with LB's god.

I personally think it would be awesome if the Justice League, after their soul-searching, realizes that The Antichrist isn't the only threat to the universe and must confront "God" (for extra irony, make it with Jesus' help. I can bet you my bottom dollar that He would *never* approve of the Left Behind god's behavior) and call Him out for His hypocritical behavior. Since I'm an idealist and a Christian myself, I think it would be best if either...

1. "God" is actually an uber-powerful alien or other figure that's simply impersonaiting the real God, who also has nothing but contempt for what He's been doing.

2. "God" is actually schizophrenic. The loving, compassionate personality has been subverted by the evil, arrogant, and wrathful version and the DC heroes (preferably with Jesus' help) must help God's New Testament personality retgain control.

This fic seriously has potential, but if you have the Justice League take sides with the Tribulation Force, you're officially spitting on everything they, Jesus, and the *real* God stands for...Okay, that was a bit harsh, but if you can say to me with a straight face that the "heroes" of Left Behind can be considered "heroes" after reading slacktivist, you need a reality check.

Good luck, and God Bless.